PDA

View Full Version : [PF]Spellslinger builds and Quick-Clear Deed?

Thrair
2013-11-29, 10:10 PM
I'm bouncing around character builds for a game I'm probably joining in December. Basic concept is a member of an order that regulates gun usage. Mixing arcane knowledge with sanctioned firearm usage.

I've got a few possible candidates, depending on optimization levels.

1) Arcane Trickster builds of wildly varying optimizations and roles.

2) Eldritch Knight with Spellslinger/Gunslinger Entry, optimized for blasting (yes, yes, I know. God-wizard builds are better overall).

3) Myrmidarch Magus, specialized for gun usage.

Anyways.... this leads to my big question: Spellslinger's gun/s will gain the Broken condition if a spell is fired out of them if:

A) The attack roll of a spell is a natural 1 (Misfire)

B) An enemy rolls a natural 20 on the saving throw (Overload).

So: With Amateur Gunslinger and the Quick-Clear deed, can you clear a spellcasting misfire with the deed? Or is that considered a separate type of broken, simply sharing the same name?

avr
2013-11-29, 11:45 PM
There's no text distinguishing the two sources of misfires for the deed so it'd work with either. Quick clear won't fix an overload though.

grarrrg
2013-11-30, 12:43 AM
What he said.
Although if you ask really nice, the DM may let you Quick-Clear overloads as well.

And as stupid as it seems, 1 level of Pit Fighter (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/n-r/pit-fighter) can solve ALL of your 'broken' issues for the duration of the battle, all for 1 measly Swift action.