PDA

View Full Version : Power Points/Spell Points question

Eladrinblade
2013-11-29, 10:59 PM
Is there a psionic power that lets you give points to someone else? I'm using a spell point system for my games, and I'm trying to figure out what level this spell should be (I would think 1st). Like, you cast the spell, and spend spell points up to your level, and the target gets that many spell points added to their own pool.

Snowbluff
2013-11-29, 11:02 PM
Yes. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/bestowPower.htm) Be careful about this one.

georgie_leech
2013-11-29, 11:05 PM
To elaborate further, if your intent with this power is solely to transfer points at a 1:1 ratio to another target, be specific about it. Make it clear that any points gained by a creature must come from the person casting the spell. Some chains of feats or powers can be used to actually generate power points using that power, so if you don't want this spell to be used to let casters recharge without resting, be careful with how you word it.

Eladrinblade
2013-11-29, 11:39 PM
Yes. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/bestowPower.htm) Be careful about this one.

That's what I'm looking for, but I don't see why it has to be at a 3:2 ratio. I figure, if you take it as one of your known powers/spells, that should be cost enough.

To elaborate further, if your intent with this power is solely to transfer points at a 1:1 ratio to another target, be specific about it. Make it clear that any points gained by a creature must come from the person casting the spell. Some chains of feats or powers can be used to actually generate power points using that power, so if you don't want this spell to be used to let casters recharge without resting, be careful with how you word it.

My players know better than to try stuff like that.

Anyway, thanks guys.

TuggyNE
2013-11-29, 11:49 PM
That's what I'm looking for, but I don't see why it has to be at a 3:2 ratio. I figure, if you take it as one of your known powers/spells, that should be cost enough.

It would probably be better done as a feat or some such thing, or perhaps a built-in ability that is then greatly improved by a feat (3:1 normally, 1:1 with feat). That avoids the assorted problems with metapsionics and cost reducers.

Rubik
2013-11-30, 12:16 AM
It would probably be better done as a feat or some such thing, or perhaps a built-in ability that is then greatly improved by a feat (3:1 normally, 1:1 with feat). That avoids the assorted problems with metapsionics and cost reducers.I'd just have the spell (or power) be 1st level and drain 2 pp from the caster's pool. Every additional power point spent drains another 2 pp.

If it drains pp from your pool explicitly, there's no way whatsoever to cheese it into pp recharge (unless you're stealing pp from others, anyway).