PDA

View Full Version : Psion Build?

redhottsili
2013-11-30, 12:30 PM
Hello everyone.

I want to create a 3.5 psion character and I already tried googling it as well as checking out various handbooks. However, those are mostly useful for someone who has already a character in mind and wants to tweak the details I think. Anyway, I would welcome some help towards building such a character (if possible along with a level progression).

I can start with (11,12,14,15,16,17), level 3 and want to be a human. Furthermore, I would like to keep is as simple as possible (I am not obsessed with the character being completely and totally optimizes). Finally, I would love a versatile but mainly offensive approach.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-11-30, 12:55 PM
This Psion guide (http://www.brilliantgameologists.com/boards/?topic=10238.0) is excellent for every aspect of such a character, including choosing your initial path. Pay particularly close attention to the seventh spoiler in the first post, "On Choosing a Discipline" as that's probably where you're going to start. As far as that guide's ratings go, Egoist and Shaper are rated the highest, Seer and Telepath next, Kineticist is rated as neither good nor bad, and Nomad is rated as below average. If you're going to make a Shaper you would get the greatest benefit by switching your race to Warforged, but it's still an excellent choice for any race.

Definitely get a Psicrystal and pick up the powers Share Pain and Vigor. Keep Share Pain continuously active on the psicrystal so you take half damage from all sources, its Hardness 8 will reduce every instance of damage it takes from Share Pain by that much regardless of the original attack's type. Keep it in a compartment on your person so opponents will never have line of sight/effect to it and cannot target it directly or hit it with area effects. You can share beneficial powers on it such as Vigor, Body Adjustment, and Psionic Repair Damage if you're a Warforged. Give it a Healing Belt and it can spend its actions during combat to use that on your character when needed.