PDA

View Full Version : Warlock Question

Blackhawk748
2013-11-30, 01:02 PM
Ok i heard that Warlocks count as Arcane Spellcasters for qualifying for PrCs, as long as it doesnt call out for an ability to cast certain lvl spells, so could a Warlock 5/Rogue 1 qualify as a Daggerspell Mage?

Urpriest
2013-11-30, 01:08 PM
Yes, they can qualify. Note that almost none of the abilities would apply to invocations, though.

Blackhawk748
2013-11-30, 01:10 PM
huh, so when it increases Arcane Casting, would that increase the Warlocks Eldritch blast or his Invocations?

Urpriest
2013-11-30, 01:17 PM
huh, so when it increases Arcane Casting, would that increase the Warlocks Eldritch blast or his Invocations?

Yes, increases in arcane casting from PrCs increase both Eldritch Blast and Invocations Known, as well as Warlock Caster Level.

Blackhawk748
2013-11-30, 01:21 PM
Sweet, now i have been reading the Daggerspell Mage, and i have one last question lol Now i know that a Warlock can't use Arcane Infusion, as to use it he has to give up a spell slot he doesnt have, but he should be able to use the other abilities as they simply call for a touch attack, so wouldnt his Eldritch blast qualify?

Yuki Akuma
2013-11-30, 01:23 PM
The nine "+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class" would work.

Dagger Cast is useless , as invocations are not actually spells (despite having somatic components). Invocation of the Knife is useless (again, invocations aren't spells). Double Daggercast (not spells) is useless. Arcane Infusion is useless (Warlocks don't prepare spells). Arcane Throw is useless (no touch spells to imbue). Daggerspell Flurry is useless (no spells to quicken).

Don't take Daggerspell Mage on a Warlock entry, even if you do qualify. You get nothing out of it.

Blackhawk748
2013-11-30, 01:31 PM
Huh, i figured since Eldritch blast is a touch spell like ability, you would be able to at least use Double Daggercast and then Arcane Throw, as they just call for a touch attack to imbue.

I guess its still not so bad as you get sneak attack progression as well as increased Warlock caster levels

Yuki Akuma
2013-11-30, 01:34 PM
It's a ranged touch attack that happens to be a spell-like ability.

It's not a touch spell in any sense of the phrase.

A touch spell is a spell with a range of touch.

Daggerspell Mage isn't a good PrC for a Warlock in any sense.. Getting a Warlock Sneak Attack simply isn't something that works very well.

Blackhawk748
2013-11-30, 01:35 PM
There i go mixing up touch attacks and ranged touch attacks lol:smalltongue: