PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Multiclassing with a Ninja

Zeromage1
2013-11-30, 03:07 PM
Which class works well for multiclassing with a ninja? Is it even worth it? Right now I'm at level four. Combat is my biggest problem, so I was thinking about taking a few levels in fighter. I have a very high dexterity and Charisma, but a 10 for strength. My most useful feats right now are:

Weapon finese
Dodge

I was also thinking of maybe taking a few levels in Monk. What do you guys think: Stick with Ninja, or multiclass?

Aasimar
2013-11-30, 03:10 PM
Maybe some carefully selected sorcerer bloodline for utility spells?

If you're LG, you might consider a couple of paladin levels, but it's probably not the best fit for a ninja. Ranger isn't a terrible idea either.

Urpriest
2013-11-30, 03:16 PM
Fighter doesn't help with combat inherently, it helps with combat by giving useful feats. Unless you have specific feats you want, there's no reason to dip Fighter.

Spore
2013-11-30, 03:54 PM
Fighter doesn't help with combat inherently, it helps with combat by giving useful feats. Unless you have specific feats you want, there's no reason to dip Fighter.

It gives staying power (Fort, more HP) and a feat as well as a nice edge on weapons usage (I am talking Weapon Master 3 here). A 1 level dip however doesn't give you more than a feat.

Ranger 2 is nice for the free feat, a nice list of complementary class skills and a favored enemy. As is Paladin 2 for saves, Alchemist 1 for the mutagen, free brew potion, and useful extract (or two if your Int is 12+), as is Dragon Order Cavalier 2 (if you can't do something useful with your turn, use your actions to improve rolls of others. Be it via tactician or the order ability. Monk is also viable but if you go as far as Monk 4 your Ki Pool becomes Wisdom based. This could result in LESS Ki Points.

Drothmal
2013-11-30, 04:08 PM
Maybe some carefully selected sorcerer bloodline for utility spells?

If you're LG, you might consider a couple of paladin levels, but it's probably not the best fit for a ninja. Ranger isn't a terrible idea either.

+1 to paladin (more options for ranged weapons, you can eventually use celestial full plate and two levels will get you amazing saves all around). But I agree that it might be hard to pull of RP wise.

Other options (besides sorcerer) would be:

- arcane duelist (bard archetype)
- Urban barbarian (barbarian archetype)
- monk dip (master of many styles could improve your defenses through crane style and crane wing)

Ravens_cry
2013-11-30, 04:19 PM
A level of monk could be good, if you want a wisdom based ninja and/or some extra boosts to saves plus you get a bunch of bonus feats.
Two levels of paladin, particularly of vengeance, would be sweet.