PDA

View Full Version : Are you Overeducated and Pedantic about a Pop Culture Topic? Great! Get in Here!

TimeWizard
2013-11-30, 07:13 PM
Playgrounders! I request your over-informed opinions. For a campaign I'm GM'ing I've created two recurring antagonists (bickering, minutia obsessed couple) and I want them to have back and forth Tarantino style arguments.

Can you give me a Topic and Two Conflicting Subjective Opinions on it? Be sure to throw in some Bullet Points so I know what each one would say. This game is a Not Set on Earth so I want to avoid Specific Real Life Examples, however Feel free to Make Up Ersatz Versions of Actual Things in your Argument.

I'm over-informed on Microbrews, so here's an Example

Topic: Microbrews (beer)
Argument: Ales vs Lagers (two styles of beer with different tastes/bodies)
ALE: smoother body, more well rounded flavor profile,
Lager: dryer taste, generally higher carbonation,

Ale side: Implies lagers are tasteless (common criticism), and that only "sissy beer drinkers" like Lagers (the 'bud light' crowd). Ales have a greater range and better flavor profile- Porters, Stouts, Reds, India Pale, Black India Pale, (substyles of ale) etc...

Lager side: Ales are boring beers for the partially informed crowd (counter argument), and are the 'hip' thing to like (trend in beer), dismissing lagers is the hipster wannabe of beer aficionados. All Ales are DarkHeavyBlackThings (dark beers are popular with hobbyist-level fans, most of these are ales) or SuperMegaDumbHopAddition (Hops give beer bitterness and aroma), for idiots who don't like a beer unless its palate-wrecking bitter (a common critique of very bitter beers and their fans the 'Hop-Heads').

Ale Side: There's no comparing the glorious fruit-and-pine taste of Happy Stopper (ersatz of Heady Topper, famous very bitter beer) to any lager. You can't find that level of bitterness, passionfruit flavor, or lingering refreshment in a Lager.

Lager Side: Only if you hate your taste buds and don't understand subtlety. The delicate taste of a Pilsner (light bodied style of beer) is only fit for people who understand that beer doesn't have to be overpowering to be good.

Ale Side: Hey, aren't those the guys were suppose to kill?
Lager: oh, ahh, ****.

Adlan
2013-11-30, 08:23 PM
Topic: Bows
Side: Compound Bows vs Traditional Bows

Compound Bows: Why do you still shoot that antiquated gear? Even decades out dated compounds get more Cast (force imparted to the arrow) out of a draw than even a modern recurve, and with your stupid self bow, I get more FPS than you even if you try and overbow your self with one of your bloody warbows

Traditional Bows: If I wanted to shoot a gun, I'd carry a rifle. Your bloody training wheels might give you mechanical advantage, but what kind of wimp needs an extra 5% Let Off (reduces weight of bow string on fingers at full draw) that you spend all your cash on new cams.

Compound: You barely get over 200FPS…

Tradbows: Yes, but my arrow is 1/2" across

Compound:Granted, but you haven't even got anywhere to mount the sights.

Tradbows: If you practiced enough, you wouldn't need them

Topic: BroadHeads
Sides: Expanding Mechanicals vs Fixed Blades.

Expanding: Have you seen the latest video for my new Broadhead? Check out the Ripkill 40,000.

Fixed: Looks neat enough, should be perfect for that ballistic gelatine hunt you've always wanted to go on. I'll stick with something more reliable.

Expanding: just because the design on this one is Pat. Pending you think it's gonna fail…

Fixed: Well, I just like to keep it simple, a razor sharp blade that will slice through blood, and bone.

Expanding: Don't be rediculous, you need the expanding point to punch through bone, when I was hunting last year, my old KillRip 22's did the job, didn't expand untill after they'd gone right through the scapula. Punched through clean as a whistle, 22 cm whole out through the sternum.

Fixed: I read some old article on splitting bone, changed my set up a little, tested it out last month, and it cracked the skull clean open like a coconut.

Expanding: You did shoot a coconut…

Fixed: Well yeah, but it worked, all I had to do was sharpen it differently, make it turn as it cuts…. At least I can sharpen my arrow heads, don't have to buy a new set after every shot.