PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

DwarfInTheFlask
2013-11-30, 11:47 PM
Here are a few questions I have.
1. Is there any way to change your casting stat from one ability score to another? If so, what are they?

2. If used in Gestalt could you take PrC on one side and then once done run it on the other side so long as you are not taking two Prcs are the same time.

3. What weapons are considered discipline weapons for SS and WB? I know Kukri and a few other light weapons are SS but what else?

More to come I am sure.

Devronq
2013-12-01, 12:00 AM
1. Is there any way to change your casting stat from one ability score to another? If so, what are they?

2. If used in Gestalt could you take PrC on one side and then once done run it on the other side so long as you are not taking two Prcs are the same time.

3. What weapons are considered discipline weapons for SS and WB? I know Kukri and a few other light weapons are SS but what else?

More to come I am sure.

1. There's a third party feat that lets you pick what ability score you want to use for casting but again third party most dms dont like that.
2. Not sure exactly what you are asking can you rephrase please?
3. Not what you asked but there is a weapon ability that makes any weapon count as whatever type of weapon you want it to be. So a great sword could count as a kukri or whatever. Just though that might help what you were asking.

DwarfInTheFlask
2013-12-01, 12:08 AM
2. Will do
Say I am taking a gestalt build.
Cleric//Fighter build
Well say at 6th level I decide to drop the fighter levels for Storm Lord Prc.
After the 10 levels or whenever I want to drop out of the PrC. Can I take a second Prc after that? Especially if I decide to move my next PrC over to my Cleric side and leave the Fighter side intact (Perhaps I want to Feats or something.)
Cleric 6//Fighter5/Stormlord1
Cleric 10/(Whatever Prc)1//Fighter 6/Stormlord 5
^ something like that.

Can you give me names or books and pages?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-12-01, 12:09 AM

More to come I am sure.

2. There's no such thing as a 'side' in gestalt, it's just an easy way of illustrating what happens. Gestalt levels are simply a combination of two classes, how they're arranged is absolutely irrelevant. There's no reason to think you can take the same levels in the same class multiple times on a gestalt character when you wouldn't be able to on a nongestalt character. Even if you could, you wouldn't be able to gain the same class features again because they won't stack with themselves.

3. The feat Blade Meditation on ToB page 28 lists what weapons are associated with each specific discipline, but there are only a few very specific abilities that this even matters for. Any maneuver can be used with any weapon regardless of discipline. A Swordsage's Discipline Focus (Weapon Focus) ability is one of the few things for which the disciplines' preferred weapons matter, for example, but the Insightful Strikes and Defensive Stance abilities on Discipline Focus don't have anything to do with what type of weapon you're using.

DwarfInTheFlask
2013-12-01, 12:49 AM
Ok I see that now I miswrote. I was not meaning the same PRC but a PRC in general. I corrected that in my second post.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-12-01, 01:33 AM
Ok I see that now I miswrote. I was not meaning the same PRC but a PRC in general. I corrected that in my second post.

You can take as many different prestige classes as you want on a gestalt character, just like multiclassing on a nongestalt character, as long as you don't try to combine two prestige classes at any character level.

EugeneVoid
2013-12-01, 01:59 AM
This might be better in the questions section of the forum.

Devronq
2013-12-01, 02:24 PM
So I believe its the book or erotic fantasy or bastards and bloodlines one of the two has a feat that basically says pick whatever ability score you want for your casting I think it can even be str or dex or con I'm afb ill check later for you if you like.