PDA

View Full Version : Nexus [NEXIS] The Dancing Fox Inn IX: No Longer Symmetrical

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Mee
2013-12-01, 12:39 AM
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn7/KCK_015/DancingFoxInnSign1.jpg

Welcome to the Dancing Fox Inn! Come and try our one of a kind beverages and food, chat with friends, or grab a private room and relax. All are welcome to the Dancing Fox Inn.

We would like to ask, please, no smoking in the establishment unless you are on fire. We understand that there are often exceptions. Thank you for understanding. Be sure to enjoy your stay.
If your characters are upstairs, please use this thread to avoid confusing the other occupants

Description:
The inn is . . . indescribable. Size wise, anyway. It has as many tables as needed, and as many chairs as needed. So that needn't be said as well.

The floors are rough hewn logs. In fact the whole inn is made of wood, with a solid foundation of stones. There is a downstairs common room of tables and private booths, and an upstairs with bedrooms. There is a bar, behind the bar is a kitchen. The tables and seats are made of wood. The private booths are also made of wood but the seats are cushioned by dirty and torn pillows. There is also a basement that acts as storage for the drinks and food (and a secret meeting place). Access to the basement is through the kitchen.

Renn usually keeps a heavy crossbow already cocked and loaded under the bar. He also has a sleeping power next to it that he sometimes uses on the crossbow bolts or sprinkles into a rowdy drunks drink.

The inn as a whole can be described as a little dirty and run down, but at the same time its homey.

Current Staff:
Naku - Barkeep and Manager
Mist - Barboy
/*Not Empty*/ - Barmaid
Empty - Waiter
Strahd - Cook
Empty - Bard

HIRING: Could use a Bard.

THE MENU:

Under Complete Overhaul. Until it's done, just ask Naku for something.

Wines*:
Fender Bender Mender: A nice wine mixed with a healing potion. Comes in non-alcoholic. No one can quite decide on what it tastes like, as it likes healing taste-buds and making itself taste divine.
Bar Drinks*:
Beers, Ales & Such*:
Food:
Dessert:

*Can substitute the alcohol for a magical liquid that can make anybody drunk, no matter what the resistance, for a little extra.

We hope you enjoy your stay at the Dancing Fox Inn!

Some Excellent Poems
Dancing Fox Inn (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5113391&postcount=1400) and DFI '09 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5592826&postcount=1146)
The Ballad of the Inn (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4780487&postcount=714)
We Dream of a Town (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4561030&postcount=61)

http://i25.tinypic.com/2i6nrlz.png
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q106/Beans-tastic/beansseal.png

Side note: The DFI is not in any way, shape, or form, inside Inside. It's just a quiet little place off somewhere, that would like to stay free from apoco-plawts, various inter-warring factions, and all that jazz.
Everyone is equally welcome here, just please leave it at the door.

And, as such,
On Violence:
The DFI is a peaceful place. There has been some IC, as well as OoC, talk about it, and the end result is 'please, for the sake of everyone else, don't do it'. If you want to fight, go elsewhere.
If you insist on fighting here, you will probably find your weapons turning into nerf versions of what they used to be, until you leave. After you leave they'll be returned to what they should be.
If you try to teleport someone out so you can kill them, it will fizzle and not work. Teleporting out in order to go do plot or RP stuff is fine. Just not to work around the rules and kill someone.
Lastly, if you choose to ignore these and keep trying to fight, you will either be ignored, or the entire inn and everyone else in it will be teleported off somewhere else, leaving you where it had been completely alone.

Though please just don't.

Deathkeeper
2013-12-01, 12:44 AM
Mist sees that Naku is doing a good job of chatting up their two customers, and takes a break for a few minutes to practice his flute. He doesn't usually do that in the main inn, but he doesn't see harm in it right now. The tune right now is nameless but upbeat.

Devixer
2013-12-01, 12:45 AM
"Who is your father, and what does he do?" Naku asks, completely straightfaced.

Any reference completely flies over Aiden's head. "Chris Kester. He was an attorney, last time I bothered to check."

Mee
2013-12-01, 12:59 AM
Mist sees that Naku is doing a good job of chatting up their two customers, and takes a break for a few minutes to practice his flute. He doesn't usually do that in the main inn, but he doesn't see harm in it right now. The tune right now is nameless but upbeat.

Any reference completely flies over Aiden's head. "Chris Kester. He was an attorney, last time I bothered to check."

Naku doesn't answer Aiden, as utterly distracted by Mist as she is. Before long, her eyes are shut happily and she's quietly singing a happy song along with it.
She's not terribly loud, but her voice is actually very, very beautiful. She's obviously spent a lot of time practicing.

Music! Her once weakness!

Devixer
2013-12-01, 01:01 AM
Aiden will gladly shut up to listen to Mist and Naku. He wishes for a moment that he'd brought an instrument to the Nexus, if only because he couldn't sing at all.

Deathkeeper
2013-12-01, 01:04 AM
Mist is surprised when he's suddenly in a duet, but he doesn't miss a beat. Eventually though he switches from freestyle to an actual song. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEoU70DXr90) He hopes Aiden doesn't recognize it; he doesn't seem to like some of the nerdy things he's mentioned before.

Mee
2013-12-01, 02:19 AM
Aiden will gladly shut up to listen to Mist and Naku. He wishes for a moment that he'd brought an instrument to the Nexus, if only because he couldn't sing at all.

Well, he worked at a music store, he didn't get anything?
There's also a harpsichord set up in the corner, if he's into that.

Mist is surprised when he's suddenly in a duet, but he doesn't miss a beat. Eventually though he switches from freestyle to an actual song. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEoU70DXr90) He hopes Aiden doesn't recognize it; he doesn't seem to like some of the nerdy things he's mentioned before.

Naku notes the change from freestyle to . . . something that felt like it had a structure, though she didn't know it.
She Naku hummed along in as best a matching tone as she could for the bits she couldn't fit words to, and quietly sang some fairly alien sounding words to what she could.

Devixer
2013-12-01, 02:26 AM
Aiden got a piano, but that's a little hard to carry around.

He actually does recognize the tone that Mist switches to, but his reaction might be a little hard to read. Mostly because he's trying his best not to break out into a stupid grin.

Deathkeeper
2013-12-01, 09:50 AM
Mist will eventually reach an ending and after a nice sustained note lets it peter out.
Gee Naku, I didn't know you sang.

Arkhosia
2013-12-01, 10:44 AM
Mist will eventually reach an ending and after a nice sustained note lets it peter out.

Caelynn claps.
I'm envious of you two. I'm a good singer, admittedly, but I'm not that good.

Mee
2013-12-01, 05:40 PM

Naku really wants to make a stupid quippy comment about how there's a lot that no one knows, in a super joking manor because she's kind of happy punch drunk. But she decides that'd be mean, and just shrugs a bit instead.
"Had to do something growing up as extra-curricular activities. Music seemed like a great idea. Been singing for, I dunno, about 15 years?"

Caelynn claps.
I'm envious of you two. I'm a good singer, admittedly, but I'm not that good.

"It doesn't really matter if you're amazing or not. I mean, I'm no where near 'great' yet. Just so long as you love doing it, you know?" Naku says, a minorly embarrassed flush on her cheeks and in her tone of voice. It's been a while since she last sang, and normally she didn't do it around anyone else.

Last people she sang with-No. Stay in the moment. That's the past, it can't haunt you if you don't let it.

"Thanks, though."

Devixer
2013-12-01, 05:49 PM
Aiden flashes a knowing grin at Mist. "So, Wind Waker, huh?" Oh boy, he recognized the tune.

Deathkeeper
2013-12-01, 05:54 PM
Mist's ears flatten. Hey, it's hard finding cool songs that sound good on the flute sometimes.

Devixer
2013-12-01, 05:58 PM
Aiden raises an eyebrow. "You don't need to qualify the choice, it's one of my favorite games."

Arkhosia
2013-12-01, 07:17 PM
Naku really wants to make a stupid quippy comment about how there's a lot that no one knows, in a super joking manor because she's kind of happy punch drunk. But she decides that'd be mean, and just shrugs a bit instead.
"Had to do something growing up as extra-curricular activities. Music seemed like a great idea. Been singing for, I dunno, about 15 years?"

"It doesn't really matter if you're amazing or not. I mean, I'm no where near 'great' yet. Just so long as you love doing it, you know?" Naku says, a minorly embarrassed flush on her cheeks and in her tone of voice. It's been a while since she last sang, and normally she didn't do it around anyone else.

Last people she sang with-No. Stay in the moment. That's the past, it can't haunt you if you don't let it.

"Thanks, though."

Well, I think you've already surpassed greatness.
You're welcome.
... What's Wind Waker?

Mee
2013-12-01, 07:30 PM
Well, I think you've already surpassed greatness.
You're welcome.
... What's Wind Waker?

Naku accepts the compliment with a nod, and refrains from continuing to say that she doesn't truly believe she's there yet. She could always be better.

"That actually is my question as well. What is Wind Waker, and why would you need to wake it?"

Deathkeeper
2013-12-01, 07:37 PM
It's a video game made a while back with a stupidly good soundtrack. explains Mist

Mee
2013-12-01, 08:47 PM
It's a video game made a while back with a stupidly good soundtrack. explains Mist

Naku blinks at him.
"Video Game . . . te?" She asks, a truly puzzled look on her face.

Arkhosia
2013-12-01, 08:49 PM
Naku blinks at him.
"Video Game . . . te?" She asks, a truly puzzled look on her face.

Caelynn just shrugs.
No idea.

Deathkeeper
2013-12-01, 09:00 PM
Mist blinks.
Naku, is there a television in the inn?

Mee
2013-12-01, 09:01 PM
Mist blinks.
Naku, is there a television in the inn?

"Television . . . te?" Naku asks, blinking again, still painfully perplexed.

Arkhosia
2013-12-01, 09:05 PM
"Television . . . te?" Naku asks, blinking again, still painfully perplexed.

A box that shows moving pictures.
Caelynn says.

Deathkeeper
2013-12-01, 09:10 PM
Naku, I think I know what I'm doing with the rest of my gold brick.
We do have electric outlets, right?
Because I actually never asked if the DFI has electric lights.

Devixer
2013-12-01, 09:12 PM
Aiden bows out of the conversation for now, not having much of anything to say.

Mee
2013-12-01, 09:29 PM
A box that shows moving pictures.
Caelynn says.

"Interesting."

Naku, I think I know what I'm doing with the rest of my gold brick.
We do have electric outlets, right?
Because I actually never asked if the DFI has electric lights.

"I think so?" Naku says, stiiiill confused.
Electricity, at least, she knew.
A quick look around the inn would show that there aren't outlets. There's electricity, yes, but that's for the lights.
Well, there are probably some outlets in the kitchen for tools, but that's it.

Deathkeeper
2013-12-01, 09:34 PM
"Okay, pick up a battery on the way. Got it, be right back, Boss, got to go to the mall to explain a large block of culture.
Mist says as he gets up and goes for the door.

Mee
2013-12-01, 09:50 PM
"Okay, pick up a battery on the way. Got it, be right back, Boss, got to go to the mall to explain a large block of culture.
Mist says as he gets up and goes for the door.

Mist earns a few more blinks for that, and an "Okay. Good luck!" from Naku.

Devixer
2013-12-01, 09:52 PM
Aiden watches Mist go. He doesn't offer any reaction to the sudden need for a TV- he never liked a lot of the shows back home anyway.

Deathkeeper
2013-12-01, 10:11 PM
Mist comes back relatively quickly (considering he went all the way to the Mall and back), with a pair of bags in a little cart.
"Hi guys, I'm back. Did I miss anything?

Mee
2013-12-01, 10:31 PM
Mist comes back relatively quickly (considering he went all the way to the Mall and back), with a pair of bags in a little cart.
"Hi guys, I'm back. Did I miss anything?

"End of the world, I went crazy and killed everyone.
Nothing too serious.

Whatcha get?" Naku asks, resting her chin on her palm, and looking over at Mist.

Deathkeeper
2013-12-01, 10:51 PM
Well,
Mist begins pulling out things from the bags.
First I got this car battery, then this miniature TV
(The TV looks like a small flatscreen in the mid-twenty inch scale.)
And then the new Nexus Box, which is kind of like the Epic-level Bard of game consoles. It plays everything that isn't really, really new. It's supposed to be hard to get, but there was a sale today which made my gold enough for it. And if the line was a bit long and I took advantage of being a small animal, weeell...
Regardless,

Mist sticks a few games from the bag on the table. They are Wind Waker, Super Metroid, and Okami. Mist then gives the cart a gentle kick, which causes it to roll on its own back out the door to its proper place outside the mall.

Mee
2013-12-01, 11:19 PM
Well,
Mist begins pulling out things from the bags.
First I got this car battery, then this miniature TV
(The TV looks like a small flatscreen in the mid-twenty inch scale.)
And then the new Nexus Box, which is kind of like the Epic-level Bard of game consoles. It plays everything that isn't really, really new. It's supposed to be hard to get, but there was a sale today which made my gold enough for it. And if the line was a bit long and I took advantage of being a small animal, weeell...
Regardless,

Mist sticks a few games from the bag on the table. They are Wind Waker, Super Metroid, and Okami. Mist then gives the cart a gentle kick, which causes it to roll on its own back out the door to its proper place outside the mall.

"And all this is . . . ?" Naku asks, still confused.

Deathkeeper
2013-12-01, 11:28 PM
Here, give me a second.
Mist wires up the battery to the TV and the console, slaps the cartridge into the side of the box, causing a SNES controller to pop out. The game boots up as normal, chasing the logo and start menu to appear.
You press the buttons and stuff happens.

Arkhosia
2013-12-01, 11:36 PM
Caelynn watches from the bar.

Meanwhile, Arkhosia returns, whistling a cheerful song.
Anyone with a good ear will recognize it as allouetta.
Then she sees Caelynn, and her jaw drops.
How did you- never mind. I'm bringing you back to AMEN.
Arkhosia then strides over to Caelynn, who teleports next to Mist and Naku
Really, Ark? You know you aren't going to catch me anyways.

Devixer
2013-12-01, 11:43 PM
Aiden looks at the developing new scene and sighs. "Fantastic," he says under his breath. And the day had been going so well.

Mee
2013-12-01, 11:45 PM
Here, give me a second.
Mist wires up the battery to the TV and the console, slaps the cartridge into the side of the box, causing a SNES controller to pop out. The game boots up as normal, chasing the logo and start menu to appear.
You press the buttons and stuff happens.

"Mmmka~" Then she's interrupted.

Caelynn watches from the bar.

Meanwhile, Arkhosia returns, whistling a cheerful song.
Anyone with a good ear will recognize it as allouetta.
Then she sees Caelynn, and her jaw drops.
How did you- never mind. I'm bringing you back to AMEN.
Arkhosia then strides over to Caelynn, who teleports next to Mist and Naku
Really, Ark? You know you aren't going to catch me anyways.

"Can I help you at all?" Naku asks, looking up from the starting screen and sighing heavily. "And please remember, there's a no-violence policy here. And that involves dragging someone outside so you can do violence on them."

Arkhosia
2013-12-01, 11:53 PM
Mist and Naku, this is Arkhosia, the girl I was talking about earlier.
Ark sighs.
Fine. Green Fields, tomorrow. Winner takes the other to their organization as a prisoner.
Deal

Mee
2013-12-01, 11:55 PM
Mist and Naku, this is Arkhosia, the girl I was talking about earlier.
Ark sighs.
Fine. Green Fields, tomorrow. Winner takes the other to their organization as a prisoner.

"Wow. You just literally straight up told here where not to go tomorrow.

Best villain of all time." Naku says, sarcastically clapping slightly.

Arkhosia
2013-12-01, 11:57 PM
"Wow. You just literally straight up told here where not to go tomorrow.

Best villain of all time." Naku says, sarcastically clapping slightly.

Oh please, dragging her sorry ass to HALO? There's no way I'm not passing that up! Besides, I escaped from AMEN once, I'll do it again.
Ark just gives Naku a withering look.

Devixer
2013-12-01, 11:58 PM
"Oh will you just go away and stop souring my good mood?" Aiden asks, apparently not impressed with Ark's theatrics.

Deathkeeper
2013-12-01, 11:59 PM
Honestly, this is an inn, not a dueling guild. If you want to discuss a fight please go elsewhere.

Mee
2013-12-02, 12:01 AM
Oh please, dragging her sorry ass to HALO? There's no way I'm not passing that up! Besides, I escaped from AMEN once, I'll do it again.
Ark just gives Naku a withering look.

"Or," Naku says, completely unphased by the look, "you two could sit down like adults, and talk about it to each other.
You both are cut off from home, and literally all you have is each other. As a vessel of pain and destruction, let me assure you it's not worth it at all. Sit. Talk. Have free drinks."

Arkhosia
2013-12-02, 12:02 AM
I'm done here anyways.
Ark walks out of the inn.
... And, I might add, she doesn't know how to block my semblance! She is horrible at being evil.

You know, for some reason, I think that any chance of reconciliation was shattered when she "interrogated" me at AMEN.

Devixer
2013-12-02, 12:04 AM
Aiden rolls his eyes and moves to sit closer to Mist and Naku.

Mee
2013-12-02, 12:05 AM
I'm done here anyways.
Ark walks out of the inn.
... And, I might add, she doesn't know how to block my semblance! She is horrible at being evil.

Naku sighs again. "Just don't go to the thing tomorrow. It's not worth it.

Anyway," Naku says, turning back to Mist, "can we continue?"

Arkhosia
2013-12-02, 12:12 AM
Caelynn just puts on some headphones and starts humming (http://youtu.be/oERGkFpbZhw).
((And yes, that's actually a song from the show the setting she comes from takes place in))

Deathkeeper
2013-12-02, 12:14 AM
((Well, technically the songs are all mentioned to exist in universe, as proven from the first episode))
Uh, okay, sure. Well...
Mist starts up Super Metroid and starts walking through the first level.

Mee
2013-12-02, 12:16 AM
((Well, technically the songs are all mentioned to exist in universe, as proven from the first episode))
Uh, okay, sure. Well...

". . . interesting." Naku says, and that's all she says, as she watches.

Devixer
2013-12-02, 12:17 AM
Aiden sneaks over to sit right next to Naku, not commenting on the game just yet.

Arkhosia
2013-12-02, 12:17 AM
Uh, okay, sure. Well...

((Yep! *brofist for watching my favorite show*))
Caelynn watches with interest.

Deathkeeper
2013-12-02, 12:22 AM
((Arkhosia, I had a PC in Sanctum. Did you forget already?))
It should be notable that Mist is very good at platformers, which means that he beats up Ridley (the first boss) without getting hit much at all, and is probably making the game look rather easy, although he's not skipping anything like Metroid power-players often do.

Mee
2013-12-02, 12:28 AM
It should be notable that Mist is very good at platformers, which means that he beats up Ridley (the first boss) without getting hit much at all, and is probably making the game look rather easy, although he's not skipping anything like Metroid power-players often do.

". . . could we . . . could we check a different game, please?" Naku asks, not long after. Her breathing was . . . a bit heavier, and her blinks had become longer, as if she envisioning something.

Arkhosia
2013-12-02, 12:28 AM

((Yep!))

Caelynn looks surprised.
Is that some kind of Nevermore?
Caelynn has never seen a dinosaur before.

Deathkeeper
2013-12-02, 12:31 AM
It's a space dragon pirate. Mist says, as if that explains everything.
Then he seems to remember something, and goes into a menu for the system, bringin up...Tetris!
I totally forgot it has a few games loaded onto it already.
Nobody hates Tetris.

Devixer
2013-12-02, 12:32 AM
Aiden tries to lay a hand on Naku's arm. "Everything okay?"

Arkhosia
2013-12-02, 12:33 AM
Then he seems to remember something, and goes into a menu for the system, bringin up...Tetris!
Nobody hates Tetris.

... I'm not even going to ask.

Mee
2013-12-02, 12:36 AM
Nobody hates Tetris.

"This is . . . fascinating." Naku says, apparently absolutely fine.

Though she flinches away from Aiden's touch for a second, before realizing it's just him, and relaxing back. "Yeah. Totally fine."

Devixer
2013-12-02, 12:41 AM
Aiden starts to slide his hand down to gently hold Naku's hand, offering a small smile.

Deathkeeper
2013-12-02, 12:43 AM
It's worthy of note that Mist isn't very good at puzzle games. He loses.
Anyone else want a try?

Mee
2013-12-02, 12:48 AM
Aiden starts to slide his hand down to gently hold Naku's hand, offering a small smile.

It's worthy of note that Mist isn't very good at puzzle games. He loses.
Anyone else want a try?

Naku rotates her hand around, so she's holding his hand as well.

"I'm all right. Would you do that one you guys were talking about with the music?"

Arkhosia
2013-12-02, 12:52 AM
Caelynn leaves, but not before paying and giving Naku a very generous tip. :smallbiggrin:

Later, a succubus in a black corset & skirt enters. She is barefoot, and looks distraught.
Where am I?!
A eladrin in Chainmail with a sheathed greatsword enters behind her.
That's a good question.

Devixer
2013-12-02, 12:55 AM
Aiden squeezes Naku's hand for a moment. "Yeah, it's been years since I played that game."

Deathkeeper
2013-12-02, 01:03 AM
Mist sticks WW in, causing the controller to shift to a gamecube's. Naku should be fine for a while at least, since until you get the sword fifteen minutes in there's no enemy bashing, just island shenanigans for a while. Still, Mist hands Aiden the controller.
Here, I've got my job to do.
Mist goes over to Arkhosia Characters #47 and 48. You'll have to refresh me, I don't know what an Eladrin is.
This is the Dancing Fox Inn, my name is Mist and I don't dance. Can I help you two?

Mee
2013-12-02, 01:04 AM
Aiden squeezes Naku's hand for a moment. "Yeah, it's been years since I played that game."

Naku squeezes back. Though, gently. She'd rather not break his hand, after all.

Caelynn leaves, but not before paying and giving Naku a very generous tip. :smallbiggrin:

Later, a succubus in a black corset & skirt enters. She is barefoot, and looks distraught.
Where am I?!
A eladrin in Chainmail with a sheathed greatsword enters behind her.
That's a good question.

Though Naku gets sidetracked yet again, and ends up staaaring at the succubus. She had never seen one of these before. The tail was interesting, as were her horns (assuming she had them), but . . .
Yeah. Naku sighed slightly after staring for probably too long to be socially acceptable. She had seen this sort of thing at home.
This couldn't end well.
And she had a bully-boy.
"You're in the Dancing Fox Inn. What can I get for you?" Regardless, Naku was determined to try to take this on a case-by-case basis. This was the Nexus, after all. Not back home.

But then Mist gave Aiden the controller and was taking care of it and Mist was so nice and awww~
Game time.
Island shenanigans go!

Arkhosia
2013-12-02, 01:06 AM
Mist sticks WW in, causing the controller to shift to a gamecube's. Naku should be fine for a while at least, since until you get the sword fifteen minutes in there's no enemy bashing, just island shenanigans for a while. Still, Mist hands Aiden the controller.
Here, I've got my job to do.
Mist goes over to Arkhosia Characters #47 and 48. You'll have to refresh me, I don't know what an Eladrin is.
This is the Dancing Fox Inn, my name is Mist and I don't dance. Can I help you two?

((4E's version of a high elf. THE MAGIC TYPE!))
We're lost. You see, me and my companion here are trying to get to Fallcrest.

Devixer
2013-12-02, 01:08 AM
Aiden takes the controller as Mist hands it to him, and he lets go of Naku's hand so that he can actually play the game. He messes around on the island for a little while.

Deathkeeper
2013-12-02, 01:30 AM
Well, I don't know where that is, so chances are since you're naming places I don't know and don't know where you are, you're probably not in the same world. How about I get you a drink?

Arkhosia
2013-12-02, 01:33 AM
Well, I don't know where that is, so chances are since you're naming places I don't know and don't know where you are, you're probably not in the same world. How about I get you a drink?

Aw well.
Hmm, that would be nice. Do you have any Feywine?
I'm Etria. Aran here is my adoptive father. It's a long story.

Deathkeeper
2013-12-02, 01:45 AM
Uh, sure.
D&D brews. Don't get much demand for those.
Mist pours the fellow a glass and offers it to the elf.
One for you too or something else? he says to the succubus

Arkhosia
2013-12-02, 01:48 AM
Uh, sure.
D&D brews. Don't get much demand for those.
Mist pours the fellow a glass and offers it to the elf.
One for you too or something else? he says to the succubus

Just some water, please.
Eltria replies.

Deathkeeper
2013-12-02, 01:49 AM
Mist nods and gives her that, too.

Arkhosia
2013-12-02, 01:54 AM
Mist nods and gives her that, too.

Aran looks at Eltria as she takes the water, as if expecting her to say something.
... Thank you.
Aran looks away and takes a sip of his feywine.
I've forgotten how good this stuff is!

Deathkeeper
2013-12-02, 02:54 AM
Mist nods and goes back to his seat at the bar, letting the two take a seat and moving to spectate with Aiden.

Mee
2013-12-02, 07:53 PM
Welp.

Naku's completely enthralled by the flashing shiny pixelated cell shaded blue shirt green so much green grass birds piggies giant bird thingy oh no get out of there little girl! hero mode activate sword time gooo.

Yeah. Naku's hooked.

Devixer
2013-12-02, 08:59 PM
Aiden chuckles a little when glancing at Naku. "You remind me of how I was when I first played this," he says.

Mee
2013-12-04, 12:11 AM
Aiden chuckles a little when glancing at Naku. "You remind me of how I was when I first played this," he says.

Naku just chuckles slightly, before going back to being super excited for Link.

Due to her player not remembering suuuper well, we'll just go with Naku cheering wholeheartedly, and laughing at several bits.
Including the sneaking in the barrels. That stuff was comedy gold.

Devixer
2013-12-04, 12:20 AM
Aiden is glad to play the game again for the first time in years, though his player doesn't remember too well. He tries to lean against Naku, while continuing to play.

Mee
2013-12-04, 12:28 AM
Aiden is glad to play the game again for the first time in years, though his player doesn't remember too well. He tries to lean against Naku, while continuing to play.

Naku doesn't stop him at all, enjoying the closeness, and getting to watch over his shoulder.

Devixer
2013-12-04, 12:35 AM
"You know, you can take over if you want," Aiden says.

Mee
2013-12-04, 12:39 AM
"You know, you can take over if you want," Aiden says.

"Oh no no, I'm good just watching." Naku says, wrapping her arms around his neck, and resting her chin on his shoulder to watch better.

Devixer
2013-12-04, 12:49 AM
"Well, sounds good to me," Aiden says, trying to squeeze Naku's arm for a second before going back to the game.

Mee
2013-12-04, 12:57 AM
"Well, sounds good to me," Aiden says, trying to squeeze Naku's arm for a second before going back to the game.

"Good~" Naku said, her arm being squozen. S'a term now.
Then going back to watching.

Deathkeeper
2013-12-04, 01:04 AM
For Mist's part, he happily lets the two have their moment and takes fox shape, curling up comfortably on the counter.

Devixer
2013-12-04, 01:04 AM
Aiden keeps playing for a while, happy to be close to Naku.

Mee
2013-12-04, 07:38 PM
For Mist's part, he happily lets the two have their moment and takes fox shape, curling up comfortably on the counter.

"You know, Mist," Naku says, looking over at him, and raising an eyebrow slightly. "You could jump over here too. You're small fuzzy and warm. You don't have to be over there alone, if you don't want to be."

Arkhosia
2013-12-04, 07:39 PM
The two patrons leave and pay.

Devixer
2013-12-04, 11:30 PM
Aiden doesn't add to what Naku says just yet, preferring to wait for Mist to reply.

Deathkeeper
2013-12-04, 11:37 PM
Mist looks at Naku for a moment.
Well, okay.
he says, walking over to within arm's reach and curling up again.
Oh, and there was a heart piece in the last room, Aiden. Light all the lanterns.

Mee
2013-12-05, 12:09 AM
Mist looks at Naku for a moment.
Well, okay.
he says, walking over to within arm's reach and curling up again.
Oh, and there was a heart piece in the last room, Aiden. Light all the lanterns.

Oh. That won't do. That won't do at all.
Faster than a speeding something-that's-really-fast, Naku reaches out, grabs Mist, and yoinks him on over before dropping his adorable fuzzy self on her lap, and petting him slowly.

It should be noted that all of that is attempted, and he's welcome to jump away, but that it was just easier to write this way.

It should also be noted that she was really, really fast. Like . . . ninja vampires, maaaan.

Devixer
2013-12-05, 12:15 AM
"I know. Doing a three-heart challenge because why not," Aiden says, barely noticing Naku trying to get Mist.

Deathkeeper
2013-12-05, 12:18 AM
Mist is yoinked, and now must sit in the unending torture that is being petted. Well, actually Naku's lack of body heat makes it a little weird, but that's not big deal.
It's also worthy of note that this happens fairly often, so Mist must be on the small side, as normally foxes are more on the scale of medium-sized dogs, and most people can't just reach down and pick up a bloodhound.
nyeeh...only...weakness...mmm.

Mee
2013-12-05, 12:23 AM
Mist is yoinked, and now must sit in the unending torture that is being petted. Well, actually Naku's lack of body heat makes it a little weird, but that's not big deal.
It's also worthy of note that this happens fairly often, so Mist must be on the small side, as normally foxes are more on the scale of medium-sized dogs, and most people can't just reach down and pick up a bloodhound.
nyeeh...only...weakness...mmm.

Well, due to squirming for sure they couldn't. Even if he is semi-largeish that was okay. Naku could proooobably pick up a truck if she really wanted to. It'd be difficult, but she could. It would all just depend on if Mist started wriggling to get away or not.

But since he didn't! Naku continues the petpet, and rests her head back on Aiden's shoulder.

This was turning into a great night.

Devixer
2013-12-05, 12:30 AM
Aiden smiles a little as he turns to try and kiss Naku's forehead. Then he goes back to playing the game, mindful of where Mist is.

Deathkeeper
2013-12-05, 12:39 AM
Well, it would be awfully hard to keep him there if he was barely fitting on her lap. Although I was more referring to the more mortal girls who have tried it. Although I think Anchor is the only one who's actually grabbed him.
Still, it is late, Naku's petting is rather soothing, and not even Link's toonish yells are jarring to his ears, so Mist will likely dose off after not too long.

Mee
2013-12-05, 01:00 AM
Aiden smiles a little as he turns to try and kiss Naku's forehead. Then he goes back to playing the game, mindful of where Mist is.

Naku's forehead is, in fact, kissed easily enough.

Well, it would be awfully hard to keep him there if he was barely fitting on her lap. Although I was more referring to the more mortal girls who have tried it. Although I think Anchor is the only one who's actually grabbed him.
Still, it is late, Naku's petting is rather soothing, and not even Link's toonish yells are jarring to his ears, so Mist will likely dose off after not too long.

This is true. In the future, that's probably definitely something to keep in mind. But for now I'm perfectly happy to overlook it if you are.

Oddly enough, Naku manages to start to doze off on Aiden's shoulder as well! This is probably the first time either of them (though if Mist is dozing off, he might not notice. Depends on exactly when he goes) has actually seen Naku anywhere near actually sleeping.

Devixer
2013-12-05, 01:05 AM
Aiden doesn't recall having ever seen Naku tired, let alone dozing off. He's comfortable where he is, and doesn't try to move Naku or Mist.

Deathkeeper
2013-12-05, 01:29 AM
Mist hasn't ever seen Naku much tired beyond "slightly exhausted" and he certainly won't at this rate.

Mee
2013-12-05, 07:00 PM
And out cold Naku goes! Just like her player last night! Warm happy fuzzy feels all around~

Devixer
2013-12-05, 09:07 PM
Aiden isn't quite so tired, but he also isn't willing to sit and play a video game all night. He tries to stand up without disturbing Naku or Mist.

Arkhosia
2013-12-05, 09:13 PM
later

A girl with long silver hair, chalky skin, and opalescent eyes enters.
She wears an indigo sweater, navy blue leggings, and black leather boots and gauntlets.
A Black Shadow, please!

Mee
2013-12-05, 09:15 PM
later

A girl with long silver hair, chalky skin, and opalescent eyes enters.
She wears an indigo sweater, navy blue leggings, and black leather boots and gauntlets.
A Black Shadow, please!

At that point, even with the later bit, Naku was still probably asleep. She was quite tired.
At the sound of the door opening, she literally threw herself backwards, rolling as she hit the ground to turn to face the door, and her hands went in a very, very well practiced move to where a weapon should be at her hip. Then she blinked and realized what she was doing.
With a cough, she rose from her half-crouch, and asked, "I'm sorry, what would you like?"

Poor Mist. He probably got thrown. Or at least is in for the worst wake up ever.

Devixer
2013-12-05, 09:52 PM
Aiden's back downstairs, but he waits for this debacle to be over before talking to Naku.

Deathkeeper
2013-12-05, 09:59 PM
Mist is launched as Naku leaps backwards. However, he wakes up rather fast with a startled Yip!, flips, and lands neatly on the countertop, a very perplexed look on his vulpine face.

Arkhosia
2013-12-05, 10:05 PM
Kedrielle jumps in surprise, and claws instinctually are grown.
She shapeshifts thee back when she realizes there's no threat.
Sorry to startle you all.
I would like a Black Shadow.

Mee
2013-12-05, 10:08 PM
Kedrielle jumps in surprise, and claws instinctually are grown.
She shapeshifts thee back when she realizes there's no threat.
Sorry to startle you all.
I would like a Black Shadow.

"A what?" Naku asks, after attempting to regain some dignity by straightening out her clothing a bit. Even thought it really wasn't wrinkled.

Arkhosia
2013-12-05, 10:13 PM
"A what?" Naku asks, after attempting to regain some dignity by straightening out her clothing a bit. Even thought it really wasn't wrinkled.

I'll just have a hot chocolate then.
Kedrielle replies as she sits down at the counter.
If Mist is still a fox, she will slowly inch over and begin petting him.

Devixer
2013-12-05, 10:18 PM
Aiden approaches the bar as well, but he looks like he's about to leave, with the bag on his shoulder.

Mee
2013-12-05, 10:19 PM
I'll just have a hot chocolate then.
Kedrielle replies as she sits down at the counter.
If Mist is still a fox, she will slowly inch over and begin petting him.

"That I can do." Naku says, reaching up to adjust her ponytail as she walks behind the bar.
"A drink for the road, Aiden?"

Devixer
2013-12-05, 10:21 PM
"I guess some tea would be good," Aiden says.

Arkhosia
2013-12-05, 10:22 PM
Kedrielle smiles.
Thanks!
She has small fangs.

Deathkeeper
2013-12-05, 10:26 PM
Mist deftly dodges the hand and goes over to Aiden.
It was nice, Aiden. See you later?

Mee
2013-12-05, 10:27 PM
"I guess some tea would be good," Aiden says.

"Absolutely."
Naku says, before kneeling and getting the stuff for tea and coco.
Quickly enough, the tea's made, and put into a nice traveling thermos.
"I'ma want that back, kay? My way of making sure you come back at some time."

Kedrielle smiles.
Thanks!
She has small fangs.

The coco's also made quickly, and slid across the bar to Kedrielle.

Devixer
2013-12-05, 10:30 PM
"I'll see you, Mist," Aiden says, taking the thermos from Naku. "Of course I'll be coming back later, Naku." He turns to leave, and then turns back. "You want to go out for dinner sometime next week?"

Arkhosia
2013-12-05, 10:31 PM
"Absolutely."
Naku says, before kneeling and getting the stuff for tea and coco.
Quickly enough, the tea's made, and put into a nice traveling thermos.
"I'ma want that back, kay? My way of making sure you come back at some time."

The coco's also made quickly, and slid across the bar to Kedrielle.

Kedrielle looks unhappy when Mist moves away, but her expression changes to happiness when she is served her hot chocolate, which she sips, but not before indulging in eating any whipped cream on the cocoa via spoon. :smalltongue:

Mee
2013-12-05, 10:34 PM
"I'll see you, Mist," Aiden says, taking the thermos from Naku. "Of course I'll be coming back later, Naku." He turns to leave, and then turns back. "You want to go out for dinner sometime next week?"

"Yes." Naku said, before Aiden could said the words 'next week'.
"Yes I do."

Kedrielle looks unhappy when Mist moves away, but her expression changes to happiness when she is served her hot chocolate, which she sips, but not before indulging in eating any whipped cream on the cocoa via spoon. :smalltongue:

"How is it?"

Arkhosia
2013-12-05, 10:35 PM
"Yes." Naku said, before Aiden could said the words 'next week'.
"Yes I do."

"How is it?"

Exellent! A bit hot, but that was fixed easily.

Devixer
2013-12-05, 10:44 PM
Aiden smiles at the response. "Great! Then unless you have any ideas, I'll be back with a place we can go to."

Mee
2013-12-05, 10:47 PM
Aiden smiles at the response. "Great! Then unless you have any ideas, I'll be back with a place we can go to."

"I'll trust your judgement on this one. Sounds great"

Exellent! A bit hot, but that was fixed easily.

"Good! Always a bit too hot than too cold, I think."

Arkhosia
2013-12-05, 10:50 PM
"I'll trust your judgement on this one. Sounds great"

"Good! Always a bit too hot than too cold, I think."

Agreed!
Kedrielle replies.
I'm Kedrielle by the way. Shapeshifting rogue and vampire.

Devixer
2013-12-05, 10:51 PM
"Alright, I'll see you soon." Aiden tries to lean in and kiss Naku, before turning to leave.

Mee
2013-12-05, 10:56 PM
"Alright, I'll see you soon." Aiden tries to lean in and kiss Naku, before turning to leave.

Naku takes, and gladly returns the kiss. "See you later. Have a great day." She says, before waving as he leaves.

Agreed!
Kedrielle replies.
I'm Kedrielle by the way. Shapeshifting rogue and vampire.

"Naku, owner of this inn. Nice to meet you." Naku says, nodding pleasantly at her.

Arkhosia
2013-12-05, 10:58 PM
Naku takes, and gladly returns the kiss. "See you later. Have a great day." She says, before waving as he leaves.

"Naku, owner of this inn. Nice to meet you." Naku says, nodding pleasantly at her.

You as well.
So... How's life?
Kedrielle asks, attempting to strike up a conversation.

Mee
2013-12-05, 10:59 PM
You as well.
So... How's life?
Kedrielle asks, attempting to strike up a conversation.

"S'all right lately. Have a few great friends," Naku gestures at the Aiden that had just left, and Mist, who was still presumably there, "and was recently given an amulet to keep me fed without having to actually kill anyone. Also vampire." Naku explains, smiling slightly again.

Devixer
2013-12-05, 11:01 PM
"You too," Aiden says, waving as he heads out the door.

Arkhosia
2013-12-05, 11:04 PM
"S'all right lately. Have a few great friends," Naku gestures at the Aiden that had just left, and Mist, who was still presumably there, "and was recently given an amulet to keep me fed without having to actually kill anyone. Also vampire." Naku explains, smiling slightly again.

Lucky! I've mainly been managing to survive off of blood packs I purchase. I've learned before that drinking blood directly from people doesn't exactly make you popular in cities.
Also, I can't shapeshift my fangs for some reason, and that doesn't help.

Mee
2013-12-05, 11:08 PM
"You too," Aiden says, waving as he heads out the door.

Naku waaaaves again!

Lucky! I've mainly been managing to survive off of blood packs I purchase. I've learned before that drinking blood directly from people doesn't exactly make you popular in cities.
Also, I can't shapeshift my fangs for some reason, and that doesn't help.

"Huh. That's actually kind of fortunately. At least there's something here, right?
And that is odd. Why do you think you can't change your fangs?"

Arkhosia
2013-12-05, 11:12 PM
Naku waaaaves again!

"Huh. That's actually kind of fortunately. At least there's something here, right?
And that is odd. Why do you think you can't change your fangs?"

Good point. I just have a bit of difficulty keeping fed due to money issues occasionally. My only regret is not purchasing bags oh holding back home for my hoard.
No idea, honestly.

Mee
2013-12-05, 11:20 PM
Good point. I just have a bit of difficulty keeping fed due to money issues occasionally. My only regret is not purchasing bags oh holding back home for my hoard.
No idea, honestly.

Naku nods. She really wasn't the best person to complain about this to, but she would at least be patient.
"Mhmm. Well, how badly do you really need money? Like, are you completely flat broke all the time? Or are you okay?"

Arkhosia
2013-12-05, 11:21 PM
Naku nods. She really wasn't the best person to complain about this to, but she would at least be patient.
"Mhmm. Well, how badly do you really need money? Like, are you completely flat broke all the time? Or are you okay?"

I usually have enough to get by, but sometimes money's tight.

Mee
2013-12-05, 11:24 PM
I usually have enough to get by, but sometimes money's tight.

"Well. If you need any money, like, now, if you want to come wash dishes . . ." Naku offers. There were a lot of dishes, and she really didn't want to do all of them.

Arkhosia
2013-12-05, 11:26 PM
"Well. If you need any money, like, now, if you want to come wash dishes . . ." Naku offers. There were a lot of dishes, and she really didn't want to do all of them.

Kedrielle thinks for a bit.
Sure, why not.
Hmm... You wouldn't happen to have any job positions open, would you?

Deathkeeper
2013-12-05, 11:33 PM
How good is the shapeshifting? There's plenty of folks who can give pretty good jobs to talents like that. pipes up the fox.

Mee
2013-12-05, 11:35 PM
Kedrielle thinks for a bit.
Sure, why not.
Hmm... You wouldn't happen to have any job positions open, would you?

"Not with the amount of customers we've had lately, I'm afraid." Naku says, shaking her head sadly. "But if you ever are hurting for money, I can probably find something like washing dishes. I just can't offer you a waitressing gig."

How good is the shapeshifting? There's plenty of folks who can give pretty good jobs to talents like that. pipes up the fox.

"And there's that."

Arkhosia
2013-12-05, 11:37 PM

It's mainly a aesthetic changes such as changing colors or textures, but I am able to harden my skin, form claws, and even wings and a tail. I really want to someday learn how to shapeshift into an animal, but I think my natural shapeshifting abilities don't allow that.

Deathkeeper
2013-12-07, 02:36 AM
That seems useful, though. I can only change into two specific things, so it's less so. Besides, I have no reason to check. You though, you'll be able to find something.

Mee
2013-12-10, 12:26 AM
Naku, completely ignored, sighs slightly and goes back to washing dishes.

ImpSyndrome
2013-12-10, 03:28 PM
At some point, a young man with a bandana around his neck (it's dark blue with dull-red, spiral-patterned embroidery today) enters the Dancing Fox Inn and takes a stool at the bar. Once the barkeep is available to take orders, he will call to her and say, "Excuse me...Do you serve tea here?" If so, he will add, "Could I get a cup of chai, please?"

Mee
2013-12-10, 06:42 PM
At some point, a young man with a bandana around his neck (it's dark blue with dull-red, spiral-patterned embroidery today) enters the Dancing Fox Inn and takes a stool at the bar. Once the barkeep is available to take orders, he will call to her and say, "Excuse me...Do you serve tea here?" If so, he will add, "Could I get a cup of chai, please?"

"Absolutely." Naku says to the newcomer, happy to have something to do again.
"One minute, please." She says, before going about pulling out the odds and ends to make him the correct cup of tea.

Quickly enough, the tea is ready, she walks it over to him and places it down for him.
"Can I get you anything else?"

ImpSyndrome
2013-12-11, 09:31 AM
"Absolutely." Naku says to the newcomer, happy to have something to do again.
"One minute, please." She says, before going about pulling out the odds and ends to make him the correct cup of tea.

Quickly enough, the tea is ready, she walks it over to him and places it down for him.
"Can I get you anything else?"
"No, thank you," the young man replies courteously. After a moment, though, he corrects himself and asks, "Actually, um...Is there any chance I could work off rent for a room here for a few days? I may be in the area for a while, and I could use a place to stay, but I haven't got much money..." In case she asks, though, he will have scrounged up enough loose change to pay for the tea...but only just enough.

Mee
2013-12-11, 07:52 PM
"No, thank you," the young man replies courteously. After a moment, though, he corrects himself and asks, "Actually, um...Is there any chance I could work off rent for a room here for a few days? I may be in the area for a while, and I could use a place to stay, but I haven't got much money..." In case she asks, though, he will have scrounged up enough loose change to pay for the tea...but only just enough.

Naku raises an eyebrow slightly at the beginning of this. A man with manners. What is this madness?

"Hmmm." Naku says at him, resting her chin on her hand, shifting her weight to one hip, and staring at him, deep in thought.

"Yeah. Yeah we can definitely do that." She says after a moment, nodding, her mind made up. "We don't have terrible many customers right now, but if you're willing to help wash dishes and maybe help Mist out cleaning rooms, we could make a deal. And don't worry about the tea. First one's free."
Well, not free for those loaded with money, which the boy obviously was not.

Arkhosia
2013-12-11, 09:13 PM
A holographic drow enters!
She has light grey skin and long white hair, which contrasts sharply with her orange eyes, bright purple tunic, and long black skirt. Two large angelic wings are on her back, one white and one black.
The hologram flickers occasionally, and radiates divine aura.
Where exactly is this place?

Mee
2013-12-11, 09:21 PM
A holographic drow enters!
She has light grey skin and long white hair, which contrasts sharply with her orange eyes, bright purple tunic, and long black skirt. Two large angelic wings are on her back, one white and one black.
The hologram flickers occasionally, and radiates divine aura.
Where exactly is this place?

"The Dancing Fox Inn. We serve the best stuff in the city, so long as your city is composed of just this building." Naku says, grinning slightly.
Something about the newcomer was making her teeth literally feel like they itch. She doesn't know what, though.
"What can I get for you?"

Arkhosia
2013-12-11, 09:25 PM
"The Dancing Fox Inn. We serve the best stuff in the city, so long as your city is composed of just this building." Naku says, grinning slightly.
Something about the newcomer was making her teeth literally feel like they itch. She doesn't know what, though.
"What can I get for you?"

I'm afraid I can't drink or eat in this form. In fact, My physical form is in a box somewhere. I'm just acting as a scout to learn about this place. What city is this and where, exactly?

Mee
2013-12-11, 09:27 PM
I'm afraid I can't drink or eat in this form. In fact, My physical form is in a box somewhere. I'm just acting as a scout to learn about this place. What city is this and where, exactly?

"All right, suit yourself." Naku says, shrugging slightly.
"This place . . . I dunno. It just kind of is."

The DFI isn't in Inside, nor Outside, it just . . . is around.

Arkhosia
2013-12-11, 09:31 PM
"All right, suit yourself." Naku says, shrugging slightly.
"This place . . . I dunno. It just kind of is."

The DFI isn't in Inside, nor Outside, it just . . . is around.

Well, what place is this inn located country or even universe-wise?
The Holo-goddess asks as she "sits" on a bar stool

Mee
2013-12-11, 09:32 PM
Well, what place is this inn located country or even universe-wise?
The Holo-goddess asks as she "sits" on a bar stool

"It's in the NEXUS. Which is apparently a conglomeration of . . . a lot of things." Naku says, shrugging slightly, still trying to place why her teeth itch.

Arkhosia
2013-12-11, 09:35 PM
"It's in the NEXUS. Which is apparently a conglomeration of . . . a lot of things." Naku says, shrugging slightly, still trying to place why her teeth itch.

So kinda like Sigil?
Hmm... Any influential gods and goddesses I should be aware of?

Mee
2013-12-11, 09:36 PM
So kinda like Sigil?
Hmm... Any influential gods and goddesses I should be aware of?

Naku blinks.
"Sigil?

There are gods here?"

Arkhosia
2013-12-11, 09:45 PM
Naku blinks.
"Sigil?

There are gods here?"

The City Of Doors, full of portals to various locations.
I'll take that as a no.
The holo-goddess replies, smiling.
Thank you!
The hologram fades until it is no more.

Mee
2013-12-11, 09:47 PM
The City Of Doors, full of portals to various locations.
I'll take that as a no.
The holo-goddess replies, smiling.
Thank you!
The hologram fades until it is no more.

Naku blinks. Several times.
And just shrugs, before running her tongue along her teeth several times.

That was . . . odd.

ImpSyndrome
2013-12-11, 11:25 PM
Naku raises an eyebrow slightly at the beginning of this. A man with manners. What is this madness?

"Hmmm." Naku says at him, resting her chin on her hand, shifting her weight to one hip, and staring at him, deep in thought.

"Yeah. Yeah we can definitely do that." She says after a moment, nodding, her mind made up. "We don't have terrible many customers right now, but if you're willing to help wash dishes and maybe help Mist out cleaning rooms, we could make a deal. And don't worry about the tea. First one's free."
Well, not free for those loaded with money, which the boy obviously was not.
The barkeep's stare unnerves the young man slightly, but he endures as he awaits her response. Relief finds him when she approves his offer for labor in exchange for lodging. "I'll do whatever you need of me," he assures her after hearing her explanation. "Just say the word." At her last comment, he looks down at his cup of tea, glad that it wouldn't cost him anything but still feeling a bit guilty for taking it at no cost. At some point, though, he'll decide to make up for it in his work at the inn.

He soon remembers that he hasn't even offered up his name, and he will rectify this mistake shortly. "Oh, forgot to introduce myself," he will say apologetically. "My name's Leo. I'm kind of new here...to the Nexus, that is." Unsure of what custom of greeting would be appropriate in this place, he will wait for the barkeep to make the first move and follow her lead, if only to an extent to which he remains comfortable.

Mee
2013-12-11, 11:36 PM
The barkeep's stare unnerves the young man slightly, but he endures as he awaits her response. Relief finds him when she approves his offer for labor in exchange for lodging. "I'll do whatever you need of me," he assures her after hearing her explanation. "Just say the word." At her last comment, he looks down at his cup of tea, glad that it wouldn't cost him anything but still feeling a bit guilty for taking it at no cost. At some point, though, he'll decide to make up for it in his work at the inn.

He soon remembers that he hasn't even offered up his name, and he will rectify this mistake shortly. "Oh, forgot to introduce myself," he will say apologetically. "My name's Leo. I'm kind of new here...to the Nexus, that is." Unsure of what custom of greeting would be appropriate in this place, he will wait for the barkeep to make the first move and follow her lead, if only to an extent to which he remains comfortable.

"And I'm Naku." Naku says, smiling at him. "It's nice to meet you." With that, she offers him a slight bow. Handshakes seemed to be normal here, but she was still used to home.

"Well, work can come later. Tell me about yourself. Who are you? What brought you here?"

Deathkeeper
2013-12-12, 12:07 AM
Oh, did I hear my name? That's me. Mist, nice to meetcha, Leo.
says the fox from his spot a short distance away.

ImpSyndrome
2013-12-12, 11:22 AM
"And I'm Naku." Naku says, smiling at him. "It's nice to meet you." With that, she offers him a slight bow. Handshakes seemed to be normal here, but she was still used to home.
Thankful that her response is familiar to him, Leo responds in kind with a bow of his own and responds, "Good to meet you, Naku."

Leo suppresses a flinch as a fox(!!) nearby introduces himself as Mist, Naku's afore-mentioned colleague. "Pleasure to meet you, sir," he responds after inwardly ensuring his composure.

"Well, work can come later. Tell me about yourself. Who are you? What brought you here?"
"Well...it's kind of shameful," Leo begins after taking a sip of his tea; judging by his expression, he's obviously discomforted at the reminder of those circumstances. "To make a long story short, I got into a fight and lost - and by 'lost', I mean I got outright pounded...So the other guy must've thought it'd be funny to chuck me into a random portal, and I...wound up here somehow."

Mee
2013-12-12, 09:13 PM

"Mhmm, hey Mist. Meet the new guy."

Thankful that her response is familiar to him, Leo responds in kind with a bow of his own and responds, "Good to meet you, Naku."

"Well...it's kind of shameful," Leo begins after taking a sip of his tea; judging by his expression, he's obviously discomforted at the reminder of those circumstances. "To make a long story short, I got into a fight and lost - and by 'lost', I mean I got outright pounded...So the other guy must've thought it'd be funny to chuck me into a random portal, and I...wound up here somehow."

"Ow." Naku says, wincing in sympathy. "Yeah, I've been there a few times, and completely understand. You are more than welcome to work here for as long as you need to to get back on your feet here."

ImpSyndrome
2013-12-15, 12:57 PM
"Ow." Naku says, wincing in sympathy. "Yeah, I've been there a few times, and completely understand. You are more than welcome to work here for as long as you need to to get back on your feet here."
Leo looks almost stunned at Naku's words; he had hoped for a few days' worth of respite, a week at most if she was feeling generous, but this was an unprecedented offer. He hesitates a bit but eventually responds, "That's, ah...That's very...very gracious of you...I'll do anything I can to return the favor, that's a promise."

((Buh...This is way overdue for its simplicity. I apologize for the delay.))

Deathkeeper
2013-12-15, 01:01 PM
You don't need to be so formal about it. Stuff like that's usually not a big deal.
Mist says. Although I believe right now he's still in full animal shape from the last scene. I don't know anymore.

Arkhosia
2013-12-15, 01:20 PM
Speaking of foxes...
Thalia Topaz (see sig) enters the inn and sits down at the bar.
Something alcoholic. Surprise me.

Mee
2013-12-15, 07:16 PM
Leo looks almost stunned at Naku's words; he had hoped for a few days' worth of respite, a week at most if she was feeling generous, but this was an unprecedented offer. He hesitates a bit but eventually responds, "That's, ah...That's very...very gracious of you...I'll do anything I can to return the favor, that's a promise."

((Buh...This is way overdue for its simplicity. I apologize for the delay.))

((Absolutely no worries. Delays happen. ^^))

"Well, just do your best, and I'll call it perfectly even." Naku says, a pleasant smile on her face.

You don't need to be so formal about it. Stuff like that's usually not a big deal.
Mist says. Although I believe right now he's still in full animal shape from the last scene. I don't know anymore.

"Mhmmm. Really, you don't need to be so formal. I mean, it's been forever since I've heard anything like it, and it's really nice to hear again, but you don't need to."

Speaking of foxes...
Thalia Topaz (see sig) enters the inn and sits down at the bar.
Something alcoholic. Surprise me.

Naku, after kneeling and pulling out a bottle of wine, pours Thalia a glass, and slides it across the bar to her.
It's a nice, fruity wine.

ImpSyndrome
2013-12-15, 10:09 PM
"Mhmmm. Really, you don't need to be so formal. I mean, it's been forever since I've heard anything like it, and it's really nice to hear again, but you don't need to."
"Alright, fair enough," Leo agrees, though it will likely take him a short while to get used to it.

((Absolutely no worries. Delays happen. ^^))

"Well, just do your best, and I'll call it perfectly even." Naku says, a pleasant smile on her face.
"You've got a deal," the young man replies. "So, where and when do I start?"

Devixer
2013-12-17, 12:39 AM
The lobby of the Dancing Fox may suddenly be getting a little colder, with frost starting to settle on the front door. An icy fog creeps from underneath the door, and then shifts around somehow, as if looking for something.

Deathkeeper
2013-12-17, 01:02 AM
Mist shivers and hops over to the bar and trots to the door, trying to find the source of the"draft."

Arkhosia
2013-12-17, 01:07 AM
Thalia takes a sip, and looks pleased with it.
Suddenly, pineapples cold!
Thalia curls her fox tail around her torso.

Devixer
2013-12-17, 01:20 AM
The "draft" continues to move around, until some of it points toward Mist. "Are you called Leo? I'm here about the request on the Wall."

Deathkeeper
2013-12-17, 01:29 AM
Mist turns his head towards the bar.
Le-o! There's a sentient cloud here asking for you about a Wall request? he says nonchalantly.

ImpSyndrome
2013-12-17, 09:10 AM
Mist turns his head towards the bar.
Le-o! There's a sentient cloud here asking for you about a Wall request? he says nonchalantly.
Interestingly enough, Leo knows exactly what Mist is talking about, although he did not expect his contact to arrive quite so soon. Still, he hardly plans to turn it away after taking the trouble to meet with him. "Actually, could you give me a few minutes," Leo asks Naku apologetically. "I've got to discuss something with this spirit...It's pretty important."

So long as Naku agrees, Leo will thank Mist for relaying the message and approach the cloud of fog. "Thank you for coming here to meet with me," he will tell it, his tone changing back to one of respect and careful mannerisms. "I'm Leo Krilangi, the one who left that message on the Wall. I understand you have some questions about my motives...What would you like to know?"

Devixer
2013-12-17, 01:09 PM
The cloud approaches Leo, seeming to look him over. "Excuse me a moment. It takes some concentration to communicate in this form," it says. Then the fog thicken somewhat and takes a distinct humanoid shape. Then Leo will be able to see the fog turn into a person of sorts. As the spirit changes, the lobby gets a little warmer.

The spirit's human form is male, and certainly quite attractive. Most of its skin is bare, revealing an athletic body. Its skin is pure white, and only covered by simple blue pants and a sleeveless white vest. Its face is striking, and its blue eyes are gazing at Leo. "I wish to know what you'd use my power for," it says.

ImpSyndrome
2013-12-17, 01:46 PM
The cloud approaches Leo, seeming to look him over. "Excuse me a moment. It takes some concentration to communicate in this form," it says. Then the fog thicken somewhat and takes a distinct humanoid shape. Then Leo will be able to see the fog turn into a person of sorts. As the spirit changes, the lobby gets a little warmer.

The spirit's human form is male, and certainly quite attractive. Most of its skin is bare, revealing an athletic body. Its skin is pure white, and only covered by simple blue pants and a sleeveless white vest. Its face is striking, and its blue eyes are gazing at Leo. "I wish to know what you'd use my power for," it says.
Leo is no stranger to spirits who change form to ease communication upon traditional media, but this particular individual has a more appealing form than others in his experience. Upon request, he tells the spirit, "I'm trying to find a way to return to my home world...and given the dangers I've already faced, I'm definitely going to need to defend myself along the way. Being a spiritualist, though, I don't have any powers or magics of my own; I can only borrow those capabilities from spirits in the world around me. That's where you come in: if we form a Pact, I can borrow a portion of your power and use it to protect myself...as long as we're in the same world, that is."

Devixer
2013-12-17, 03:33 PM
"I see. I am a native of this world, so you will not need to worry until you find a way to your home." The spirits considers a few things for a short few moments. "Is there any benefit to me in forming this pact?"

ImpSyndrome
2013-12-17, 04:09 PM
"I see. I am a native of this world, so you will not need to worry until you find a way to your home." The spirits considers a few things for a short few moments. "Is there any benefit to me in forming this pact?"
"That's true, yeah," Leo responds, "but I'm pretty sure that the spirits of my own world will still honor the Pacts I've made with them after I get back there. Either way, I'll worry about that detail once I find a way back."

Leo heaves a sigh at the spirit's next request; it's never a simple matter to gain the approval of a spirit, especially in situations like this, in which he has so little to offer. "Normally, I could offer some of my own talents and abilities in the same way as you could to me, but in my current state, I only have my innate spirit senses...and I can't imagine those would be of much use to you. If I could help you in some other way, I might suggest that as an alternative, but I'm not sure what, if anything, you might want to ask of me."

Devixer
2013-12-17, 05:36 PM
"Then you would have an outstanding debt towards me," the spirit says. "Rest assured, I will find some way to claim it."

Then it looks like it remembers something. Though the spirit is good at creating different forms that it feels are appealing to people, instant reactions and emotions don't appear quite as much. "I believe you also still had questions for me?"

ImpSyndrome
2013-12-17, 06:07 PM
"Then you would have an outstanding debt towards me," the spirit says. "Rest assured, I will find some way to claim it."

Then it looks like it remembers something. Though the spirit is good at creating different forms that it feels are appealing to people, instant reactions and emotions don't appear quite as much. "I believe you also still had questions for me?"
The spirit's proposition seems to unsettle Leo somewhat; he isn't terribly fond of the idea of holding a debt outstanding, mostly out of guilt but also out of fear for the repercussions of failing to repay it. "Well, I'd rather settle the account sooner than later," he admits, "but I don't have any other options...so I guess I'll have to endure it."

Once the spirit is prepared to answer his questions, Leo will begin by asking, "I guess my first question is...um, your name, actually. I never thought to ask, sorry." After that, "On the Wall, you mentioned that you're an ice spirit of significant power. What sorts of powers exactly can you command?"

Devixer
2013-12-17, 07:18 PM
"I am called Vetur. I apologize for not telling you earlier." Vetur bows slightly upon saying his name. "I suppose my powers are typical amongst those like me. I can take control of the moisture in any object and freeze it, then manipulate it to my desire. I could freeze the an eenemy's weapon and break it without so much as touching it."

ImpSyndrome
2013-12-18, 02:22 PM
"I am called Vetur. I apologize for not telling you earlier." Vetur bows slightly upon saying his name. "I suppose my powers are typical amongst those like me. I can take control of the moisture in any object and freeze it, then manipulate it to my desire. I could freeze the an eenemy's weapon and break it without so much as touching it."
Leo bows politely to Vetur, but he grins at Naku as he rights himself; it seems that the gesture isn't quite so unnecessary as she claimed earlier. His attention shortly returns to the ice spirit, and he listens to its explanation of its capabilities, which sound admittedly promising. "I'm sure I could find some use for that power," he tells it. "As for the matter of access...am I correct in assuming that you'd prefer to lend your aid upon request only?" The other, unspoken assumption Leo makes is that Vetur, cautions as he seems, will allow him to use only what small measure of its cryokinetic abilities it deems appropriate for each situation. This may be subject to change after the spiritualist makes good on his promise of repayment, but he knows better than to try and take advantage of its generosity.

Devixer
2013-12-18, 02:53 PM
"You are correct. I would not simply give you my power to use as you see fit. The forces I control are not to be used without care," Vetur says. "I would prefer to be able to decide what you have access to."

ImpSyndrome
2013-12-18, 03:14 PM
"You are correct. I would not simply give you my power to use as you see fit. The forces I control are not to be used without care," Vetur says. "I would prefer to be able to decide what you have access to."
"Alright, that's fair," Leo admits. "As long as we can communicate along the open exchange of spiritual energy in the Nexus, proximity shouldn't be an issue...If there are no other questions or concerns, I can instigate the Pact whenever you're ready."

Devixer
2013-12-18, 03:17 PM
"How does the pact work?" Vetur says. "Is there some physical part to it?"

ImpSyndrome
2013-12-18, 03:25 PM
"How does the pact work?" Vetur says. "Is there some physical part to it?"
"No, it's not a physical bond by any means," explains Leo. "A Pact mainly defines the rights and restrictions of our agreement, similar to a written contract, but it also facilitates communication and interaction along the medium of spiritual energy."

Devixer
2013-12-18, 05:33 PM
"Then unless you had further concerns, we may begin your Pact," Vetur says.

ImpSyndrome
2013-12-19, 03:47 PM
"Then unless you had further concerns, we may begin your Pact," Vetur says.
"Alright, I just need to focus a bit...One moment." What happens next may seem boring or confusing at most for others, but should Naku, Mist, or Thalia possess any spiritual sense at all, they will be able to witness the forging of the Pact as well, and it might prove interesting, if a bit too formal for the former's tastes.

Leo falls into a deep trance as his consciousness turns from his physical body to his spiritual essence. He radiates a soft aura not visible on a physical level, and as spiritual energy begins to flow between him and Vetur, his voice echoes on a channel beyond normal hearing. Let all the spirits of this universe observe the forging of this Pact between myself, the human called Leo Krilangi, and this, the spirit called Vetur. By the terms of this Pact shall I call upon Vetur in times of need to request its help, and by its consent shall I be made to inherit a degree of its ability. To preserve the balance of all things, I enlist your aid thus.

At this point, a small thread of spiritual energy harmlessly surrounds and permeates Vetur's form before extending to Leo, creating one-half of the link they will share. In exchange for this aid shall I be indebted to this spirit, and upon its request shall I endeavor to repay my debt in whichever manner is deemed most suitable. To settle the balance of my debts and accounts, I pledge my aid thus. Another string of energy encircles Leo and reaches out to the ice spirit, forming the second half of the bond. The two threads twist around one another and merge into one, radiating a soft, white glow; a few seconds later, the connection shimmers and fades, signaling the end of the ritualistic process.

Leo soon returns to consciousness on a physical level and says, "There we are, the Pact is complete. Your generosity is much appreciated, Vetur."

((Yikes, I went overboard on this one...I hope it proves entertaining enough to justify the delay.))

Devixer
2013-12-19, 04:09 PM
Vetur observes the process, unsure of what to make of the whole thing. Once it is all over, he bows once more. "I hope you will not be in enough danger to require my assistance anytime soon. Is there anything else you require of me?"

ImpSyndrome
2013-12-19, 04:16 PM
Vetur observes the process, unsure of what to make of the whole thing. Once it is all over, he bows once more. "I hope you will not be in enough danger to require my assistance anytime soon. Is there anything else you require of me?"
"Agreed," the spiritualist says. "That's all there is to be done at the moment...although I do hope we'll stay in contact in regards to the favor I now owe you. If anything arises, just let me know."

Devixer
2013-12-19, 06:41 PM
"Of course," Vetur says. "I will see you again, in time," he says, as his body turns back into mist before leaving the Inn, unless Leo wants to interrupt him.

ImpSyndrome
2013-12-20, 08:50 AM
Leo simply watches Vetur as it dissolves into fog and floats back out the door, but once it has left, he heaves a sigh of relief, glad to have successfully created a new Pact with such a capable ally. He still has a lot of ground to cover before he can find a way back home, but this event has brought him one crucial step closer to making that goal a reality.

"Sorry if we took too long," he says to Naku and Mist, turning his focus back to them. "I'm ready now...Where should I start?"

((Apologies for leaving you two in the dust like that.))

Mee
2013-12-24, 04:10 PM
Leo simply watches Vetur as it dissolves into fog and floats back out the door, but once it has left, he heaves a sigh of relief, glad to have successfully created a new Pact with such a capable ally. He still has a lot of ground to cover before he can find a way back home, but this event has brought him one crucial step closer to making that goal a reality.

"Sorry if we took too long," he says to Naku and Mist, turning his focus back to them. "I'm ready now...Where should I start?"

((Apologies for leaving you two in the dust like that.))

"Well that was very interesting." Naku says, raising an eyebrow.

((Absolutely no worries. That wasn't anything that should have gotten interrupted.))

"Nah, you didn't take too long. That was amazing to watch. Never had anything like that back home.

Anyway. Uh. If you want, you could wash this pile of dishes? Besides that, I don't have terribly much. Unless Mist wants some help cleaning the rooms?" Naku says, directing the last oh this towards the fox.

Arkhosia
2013-12-25, 01:36 AM
A man with grey skin, a serpentine tail, claws, golden eyes, brown hair, and a long scar on his face wearing black armor with a purple dragon painted on it enters. A glaive rests on his back.
An ale, please.

Mee
2013-12-25, 05:46 AM
A man with grey skin, a serpentine tail, claws, golden eyes, brown hair, and a long scar on his face wearing black armor with a purple dragon painted on it enters. A glaive rests on his back.
An ale, please.

Naku stares at the man. She was unsure of how he fit through the door.

"Yeah, I can do that." Naku says, pouring him a quick ale and sliding it across the bar. She had actually been very tempted to let the new kid do it, but . . . something about him seemed that it could be a bit funky.

Arkhosia
2013-12-25, 09:38 AM
Naku stares at the man. She was unsure of how he fit through the door.

"Yeah, I can do that." Naku says, pouring him a quick ale and sliding it across the bar. She had actually been very tempted to let the new kid do it, but . . . something about him seemed that it could be a bit funky.

In the nexus, tavern doors are magical like that.
Thank you miss.
The esirie downs the ale.
So, this is the famous D.F.I, huh? Rather nice place.

Mee
2013-12-25, 01:54 PM
In the nexus, tavern doors are magical like that.
Thank you miss.
The esirie downs the ale.
So, this is the famous D.F.I, huh? Rather nice place.

"I didn't realize we were famous, but this is the DFI, yes."

Arkhosia
2013-12-25, 03:08 PM
"I didn't realize we were famous, but this is the DFI, yes."

Ah, where are my manners? i'm Talos Eyrecrad, current Lord of the Eyrecrad Clan.

Mee
2013-12-25, 03:16 PM
Ah, where are my manners? i'm Talos Eyrecrad, current Lord of the Eyrecrad Clan.

"Not any name I'm familiar with, I'm afraid." Naku says, shaking her head slightly. "But, regardless, I'm Naku. Nice to meet you."

Arkhosia
2013-12-25, 06:56 PM
"Not any name I'm familiar with, I'm afraid." Naku says, shaking her head slightly. "But, regardless, I'm Naku. Nice to meet you."

You as well miss.
The Eyrecrad Clan is a clan of Esiriae that recently arrived in the Nexus.
There's a race page in the Directory.

Mee
2013-12-25, 07:03 PM
You as well miss.
The Eyrecrad Clan is a clan of Esiriae that recently arrived in the Nexus.
There's a race page in the Directory.

"A clan of whats, now?" Naku asks, raising an eyebrow. "I haven't been here too long, and I've never heard of them."

Arkhosia
2013-12-25, 07:51 PM
"A clan of whats, now?" Naku asks, raising an eyebrow. "I haven't been here too long, and I've never heard of them."

We're humans cursed with undead and Diabolic attributes. We have tails, sometimes claws, horns, and scales as well, and we can turn intangible. However, as it's a cursed attribute, we use it as a last resort only.

Mee
2013-12-25, 08:27 PM
We're humans cursed with undead and Diabolic attributes. We have tails, sometimes claws, horns, and scales as well, and we can turn intangible. However, as it's a cursed attribute, we use it as a last resort only.

"Oh. Fun. Reminds me of the Summoners back home a bit." Naku says, shaking her head slightly.

Arkhosia
2013-12-25, 08:45 PM
"Oh. Fun. Reminds me of the Summoners back home a bit." Naku says, shaking her head slightly.

Your home must have been awful.

Mee
2013-12-25, 08:47 PM
Your home must have been awful.

Naku raises an eyebrow. That had been quite an assumption to make from one thing. It wasn't wrong, though.
"It rather was. Which is why I'm here now." She says, shrugging. "Well. Actually. I'm here because I'm supposed to enslave everyone and turn this entire place into a replica of what my home is. But I don't wanna."

Arkhosia
2013-12-25, 08:49 PM
Naku raises an eyebrow. That had been quite an assumption to make from one thing. It wasn't wrong, though.
"It rather was. Which is why I'm here now." She says, shrugging. "Well. Actually. I'm here because I'm supposed to enslave everyone and turn this entire place into a replica of what my home is. But I don't wanna."

I am Lord Talos, and that is my favorite decision in the Nexus
Hey look, he even sounded like Shepard!

Mee
2013-12-25, 08:52 PM
I am Lord Talos, and that is my favorite decision in the Nexus
Hey look, he even sounded like Shepard!

Naku just blinks, not getting it at all.
"That's . . . good."

Arkhosia
2013-12-25, 08:57 PM
Naku just blinks, not getting it at all.
"That's . . . good."

Does the player?
Thank you.
Talos bows, completely unaware of her not getting it and assuming she means his imitation.

Mee
2013-12-25, 09:02 PM
Does the player?
Thank you.
Talos bows, completely unaware of her not getting it and assuming she means his imitation.

Of course. I've played more than her fare share of Mass Effect.

Naku just nods. "Can I get you a refill?"

Arkhosia
2013-12-25, 09:03 PM
Of course. I've played more than her fare share of Mass Effect.

Naku just nods. "Can I get you a refill?"

I recently just started ME2, but I already spoiled ME3 for myself via watching renegade interrupts. Love the Kai Leng one.
Sure!

Mee
2013-12-25, 09:09 PM
I recently just started ME2, but I already spoiled ME3 for myself via watching renegade interrupts. Love the Kai Leng one.
Sure!

Aww. Yeah. Truth be told, I still haven't played ME3. Not because I hate the way it ended, but just because it came out mid-semester and I haven't gotten it yet.

Naku does, in fact, refill his mug for him.

Arkhosia
2013-12-25, 09:13 PM
Aww. Yeah. Truth be told, I still haven't played ME3. Not because I hate the way it ended, but just because it came out mid-semester and I haven't gotten it yet.

Naku does, in fact, refill his mug for him.

I started on ME2, and only spoilered the games because my parents are strict on ratings and I thought "Aww, I'll only get to play 'em in like 3 years, I can't wait that long to enjoy the series!"
Thank You miss. So... Nice weather we're having.
Curse the lack of conversational topic ideas! :smalltongue:

Mee
2013-12-25, 09:16 PM
I started on ME2, and only spoilered the games because my parents are strict on ratings and I thought "Aww, I'll only get to play 'em in like 3 years, I can't wait that long to enjoy the series!"
Thank You miss. So... Nice weather we're having.
Curse the lack of conversational topic ideas! :smalltongue:

Awww. Yeah, that's no fun.

"Is it? I haven't gotten to check outside in a while. Sunlight, and all." Naku says, smiling politely at him.

Arkhosia
2013-12-25, 09:21 PM
Awww. Yeah, that's no fun.

"Is it? I haven't gotten to check outside in a while. Sunlight, and all." Naku says, smiling politely at him.

What happened to that necklace? Didn't it solve that problem?
Vampire, huh? I've always wondered how the whole bloodlust thing worked. Is it an addiction, or a predilection?

Mee
2013-12-25, 09:23 PM
What happened to that necklace? Didn't it solve that problem?
Vampire, huh? I've always wondered how the whole bloodlust thing worked. Is it an addiction, or a predilection?

Oh no. All the necklace does is prevent her from getting too hungry.

Naku shrugs. "I can't speak for any of the vampires here, but back home, it's more what you eat to live. Everything needs to eat."

Arkhosia
2013-12-25, 09:25 PM
Oh no. All the necklace does is prevent her from getting too hungry.

Naku shrugs. "I can't speak for any of the vampires here, but back home, it's more what you eat to live. Everything needs to eat."

Ah. There's a lot of variants around here, I assume?
I have to ask: has anyone made a Twilight vampire?

ImpSyndrome
2013-12-26, 10:23 AM
"Well that was very interesting." Naku says, raising an eyebrow.

((Absolutely no worries. That wasn't anything that should have gotten interrupted.))

"Nah, you didn't take too long. That was amazing to watch. Never had anything like that back home.

Anyway. Uh. If you want, you could wash this pile of dishes? Besides that, I don't have terribly much. Unless Mist wants some help cleaning the rooms?" Naku says, directing the last oh this towards the fox.
Naku's comment about the process baffles Leo, and he says as much. "It might have seemed that way if you'd never experienced it first-hand, but I doubt that to be the case. Not every being is privy to the workings of spiritual power," he elaborates. "It stands to reason that, if you did - as you claim - clearly see and hear the procedure I just performed, you may possess some spiritual ability of your own. What nature of potential it might be, I can't say, but it is an interesting discovery, regardless..."

Upon her request, Leo nods to Naku and crosses to the sink, rolling up his sleeves before turning on the tap and soaping up a sponge to wash the soiled dishes. Just before he begins, he notices a heavily-armored man with serpentine features enter the tavern and order a drink. The spiritualist has no ill affinity toward this individual, but his appearance is rather intimidating, so he busies himself with washing the stack of plates, bowls, and cutlery.

Leo does overhear some of his conversation with Naku, though, and the explanation of an Esiriae's nature does unsettle him slightly; where he comes from, all varieties of undead are an unnatural phenomenon, born of exploitation of a restless soul or of a defiled body or mind. In order to return them to their proper place in All Creation, a spiritualist is obligated to perform a swift exorcism on any such being upon discovery. Leo is given pause, however, by two crucial factors: firstly, the man claims that he only possesses undead attributes, not that he is undead by nature; and, secondly, the separation of his world and that of the Esiriae could include a critical difference in the definition of an undead.

((I'll wait to conclude the dish-washing until either the conversation is done or Mist gives Leo a different task. Please don't let me interrupt the current conversation, though; Leo won't be doing anything stupid, especially considering it'd be a poorly-armed human against a well-equipped part-undead.))

Deathkeeper
2013-12-26, 06:20 PM
Well, Leo might need to check his facts a bit if that's the case, since Naku herself is a very obvious vampire and does very little to conceal the fact. Considering how often she smiles, she actually does the opposite.

Mist himself will not be giving him any new assignments, instead sitting on the stage in his downtime playing a few holiday songs he ripped straight from a Jethro Tull CD on his flute.

Mee
2013-12-26, 06:44 PM
Ah. There's a lot of variants around here, I assume?
I have to ask: has anyone made a Twilight vampire?

Naku shrugs. "I really can't say. Haven't exactly gotten out much." She says, smiling at him slightly.

Don't think so. Hope no one ever does.

Naku's comment about the process baffles Leo, and he says as much. "It might have seemed that way if had never experienced it first-hand, but I doubt that to be the case. Not every being is privy to the workings of spiritual power," he elaborates. "It stands to reason that, if you did - as you claim - clearly see and hear the procedure I just performed, you may possess some spiritual ability of your own. What nature of potential it might be, I can't say, but it is an interesting discovery, regardless..."

Upon her request, Leo nods to Naku and crosses to the sink, rolling up his sleeves before turning on the tap and soaping up a sponge to wash the soiled dishes. Just before he begins, he notices a heavily-armored man with serpentine features enter the tavern and order a drink. The spiritualist has no ill affinity toward this individual, but his appearance is rather intimidating, so he busies himself with washing the stack of plates, bowls, and cutlery.

Leo does overhear some of his conversation with Naku, though, and the explanation of an Esiriae's nature does unsettle him slightly; where he comes from, all varieties of undead are an unnatural phenomenon, born of exploitation of a restless soul or of a defiled body or mind. In order to return them to their proper place in All Creation, a spiritualist is obligated to perform a swift exorcism on any such being upon discovery. Leo is given pause, however, by two crucial factors: firstly, the man claims that he only possesses undead attributes, not that he is undead by nature; and, secondly, the separation of his world and that of the Esiriae could include a critical difference in the definition of an undead.

((I'll wait to conclude the dish-washing until either the conversation is done or Mist gives Leo a different task. Please don't let me interrupt the current conversation, though; Leo won't be doing anything stupid, especially considering it'd be a poorly-armed human against a well-equipped part-undead.))

Naku . . . Naku truly wants to discuss that. Just as soon as she's done talking with the newcomer.

Well, Leo might need to check his facts a bit if that's the case, since Naku herself is a very obvious vampire and does very little to conceal the fact. Considering how often she smiles, she actually does the opposite.

Mist himself will not be giving him any new assignments, instead sitting on the stage in his downtime playing a few holiday songs he ripped straight from a Jethro Tull CD on his flute.

Naku is, very obviously, a vampire. Though her fang-teeth are much larger, thicker, and much scarierer than pretty much any other type of vampire ever.

Naku has also never heard any of this music, but decides she quite likes it.

Arkhosia
2013-12-26, 06:50 PM
Naku shrugs. "I really can't say. Haven't exactly gotten out much." She says, smiling at him slightly.

Don't think so. Hope no one ever does.

Naku . . . Naku truly wants to discuss that. Just as soon as she's done talking with the newcomer.

Naku is, very obviously, a vampire. Though her fang-teeth are much larger, thicker, and much scarierer than pretty much any other type of vampire ever.

Naku has also never heard any of this music, but decides she quite likes it.

Thank god!
Ah.
He looks at the clock.
I gotta go. Bye!
Talons walks out of the tavern.

Mee
2013-12-26, 07:19 PM
Thank god!
Ah.
He looks at the clock.
I gotta go. Bye!
Talons walks out of the tavern.

Naku blinks at him as he leaves.
That was odd.

But that was okay. Instead, she turns to Leo!
"Okay. Leo, would you be willing to talk about that? What you said, that is?"

Arkhosia
2013-12-26, 07:41 PM
Naku blinks at him as he leaves.
That was odd.

But that was okay. Instead, she turns to Leo!

I scheduled a meeting with another clan member tpthat'll take place in about ten minutes!
Talons tells Naka as he leaves

Devixer
2013-12-27, 07:38 PM
As Talons leaves the inn, Aiden enters. He looks like he's taken a bit more time than usual taking care of his appearance - he shaved this morning, his clothes have been pressed, and people might be able to smell a dash of cologne on him.

ImpSyndrome
2013-12-27, 08:48 PM
((Bwuh?! Note to self: Read the character profiles. ALL of them. Anyway, I'll address the whole Naku-is-the-most-obvious-vampire-ever issue later on.))

Thankfully, Leo is almost finished with the dishes; his hands are getting pruned from being saturated with hot, soapy water, and the topic at hand would likely demand his full attention. Once he finishes and puts everything in its proper place, he dries his hands and asks, "What exactly was it that you wanted to discuss?"

Mee
2013-12-27, 09:19 PM
((Bwuh?! Note to self: Read the character profiles. ALL of them. Anyway, I'll address the whole Naku-is-the-most-obvious-vampire-ever issue later on.))

Thankfully, Leo is almost finished with the dishes; his hands are getting pruned from being saturated with hot, soapy water, and the topic at hand would likely demand his full attention. Once he finishes and puts everything in its proper place, he dries his hands and asks, "What exactly was it that you wanted to discuss?"

"I have no idea." Naku admits, grinning at him again her very, very toothy grin.
At this point, since she finally doesn't have to clean her own dishes, Naku hops up to be sitting on the bar, and rests her chin on her hand to talk to Leo some more. "This is a brand new field for me. So let's start waaay beginning. What did you mean by it was odd that I could whatever it was that you said was odd?"

Naku also waves to Aiden! Noting hus appearance, and nodding her approval.

ImpSyndrome
2013-12-30, 11:24 AM
"I have no idea." Naku admits, grinning at him again her very, very toothy grin.
At this point, since she finally doesn't have to clean her own dishes, Naku hops up to be sitting on the bar, and rests her chin on her hand to talk to Leo some more. "This is a brand new field for me. So let's start waaay beginning. What did you mean by it was odd that I could whatever it was that you said was odd?"
((Cripes, I forgot about this, didn't I? Terribly sorry about the wait.))

Leo twitches visibly at the sight of Naku's fangs, wondering how he could have neglected them until now. Even without seeing them, his spiritual senses should have alerted him to her vampiric nature as soon as he entered the inn; that he overlooked such a crucial detail worries him that his senses have grown dull. Still, he reminds himself that the same reasons he gave himself for tolerating the Esiriae should hold just as true for the innkeeper, so he takes a moment to calm himself before turning his attention to the topic at hand.

"In my home world," he begins slowly, still trying to settle his nerves, "very few people are capable of interacting with spirits the way I can; it's a gift that's been passed down since the earliest human civilizations, bestowed upon a select few by All Creation to uphold the natural laws of the universe. Your ability to see the spirit energy that I utilized in forming my Pact with Vetur could mean that you can use some kind of spirit power as well. Now, I don't know if that holds true for you as well, being from a different world and such, not to mention your being...umm...being a v...vampire...but I think it's definitely worth looking into."

Devixer
2013-12-30, 01:53 PM
Aiden smiles at Naku, and moves to sit at a table. He's willing to wait until this conversation with Leo is done.

Mee
2013-12-30, 04:43 PM
((Cripes, I forgot about this, didn't I? Terribly sorry about the wait.))

Leo twitches visibly at the sight of Naku's fangs, wondering how he could have neglected them until now. Even without seeing them, his spiritual senses should have alerted him to her vampiric nature as soon as he entered the inn; that he overlooked such a crucial detail worries him that his senses have grown dull. Still, he reminds himself that the same reasons he gave himself for tolerating the Esiriae should hold just as true for the innkeeper, so he takes a moment to calm himself before turning his attention to the topic at hand.

"In my home world," he begins slowly, still trying to settle his nerves, "very few people are capable of interacting with spirits the way I can; it's a gift that's been passed down since the earliest human civilizations, bestowed upon a select few by All Creation to uphold the natural laws of the universe. Your ability to see the spirit energy that I utilized in forming my Pact with Vetur could mean that you can use some kind of spirit power as well. Now, I don't know if that holds true for you as well, being from a different world and such, not to mention your being...umm...being a v...vampire...but I think it's definitely worth looking into."

"Could just mean that I-" It was at this point that Naku noticed that Leo had been perfectly fine and articulate until he said the magical vampire word. ". . . does it really bother you?" Naku asks, tilting her head slightly, her fairly thick hair shifting sides as she did. "That I'm . . . not . . . exactly human?" Sounds like even she doesn't want to say the magically vampire word.

ImpSyndrome
2013-12-30, 05:37 PM
"Could just mean that I-" It was at this point that Naku noticed that Leo had been perfectly fine and articulate until he said the magical vampire word. ". . . does it really bother you?" Naku asks, tilting her head slightly, her fairly thick hair shifting sides as she did. "That I'm . . . not . . . exactly human?" Sounds like even she doesn't want to say the magically vampire word.
Leo suddenly feels horrible; he hadn't considered how Naku might feel about his reaction, and now things have taken a turn for the awkward. The most sensible thing he can think to do now is explain the truth, even if it takes a bit of explaining.

"Honestly, it is a bit outside my comfort zone," Leo starts with a sigh. "Spiritualists consider zombies, vampires, revenants, and what-have-you to be unnatural, and...one of our chief duties is to exorcise such beings, to return them to their proper place in All Creation." He looks away, as if staring off into the distance, and continues, "But the Nexus is different...There's no such thing as All Creation here, and the rules and laws of my own world don't necessarily apply. I guess it's kind of like culture shock; I'm trying to be impartial, but I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't kind of conflicted..."

Mee
2013-12-30, 05:56 PM
Leo suddenly feels horrible; he hadn't considered how Naku might feel about his reaction, and now things have taken a turn for the awkward. The most sensible thing he can think to do now is explain the truth, even if it takes a bit of explaining.

"Honestly, it is a bit outside my comfort zone," Leo starts with a sigh. "Spiritualists consider zombies, vampires, revenants, and what-have-you to be unnatural, and...one of our chief duties is to exorcise such beings, to return them to their proper place in All Creation." He looks away, as if staring off into the distance, and continues, "But the Nexus is different...There's no such thing as All Creation here, and the rules and laws of my own world don't necessarily apply. I guess it's kind of like culture shock; I'm trying to be impartial, but I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't kind of conflicted..."

"So," Naku says, starting to smile slightly, her posture becoming much more relaxed. She's quite happy that Leo is actually willing to share. This gives her a chance to explain. "the problem would be that they're the reanimated dead, correct? Which, I'll concede, is unnatural and not supposed to be a thing. Right?"

ImpSyndrome
2013-12-30, 06:29 PM
"So," Naku says, starting to smile slightly, her posture becoming much more relaxed. She's quite happy that Leo is actually willing to share. This gives her a chance to explain. "the problem would be that they're the reanimated dead, correct? Which, I'll concede, is unnatural and not supposed to be a thing. Right?"
"Well...sort of, yes," Leo answers, apparently still choosing the right words to explain himself. "It's not just about breaking the cycle of life. It's also about the separation of a being's natural union of body, mind, and spirit...But, again, being from a different world means that my definitions of 'natural' don't necessarily mean much; for all I know, my being a spiritualist is even more unnatural here than your being a vampire." It should be obvious that he's trying his hardest to explain himself while remaining objective, but it's difficult for him to remain detached.

Mee
2013-12-30, 06:49 PM
"Well...sort of, yes," Leo answers, apparently still choosing the right words to explain himself. "It's not just about breaking the cycle of life. It's also about the separation of a being's natural union of body, mind, and spirit...But, again, being from a different world means that my definitions of 'natural' don't necessarily mean much; for all I know, my being a spiritualist is even more unnatural here than your being a vampire." It should be obvious that he's trying his hardest to explain himself while remaining objective, but it's difficult for him to remain detached.

Naku nods a few times, still smiling. "Then let me assure you," she says, after she let Leo finish, "I am still fully in possession of my body, mind, and spirit. Which is just the way the vampire work back where I'm from; as they . . . we . . . feed, we slowly lose more and more of ourselves. Which is why I've been starving myself for the entire duration I've been here. Nothing to worry about from me."

Recaiden
2013-12-30, 11:56 PM
There's a brief no announcement whatsoever as a customer enters. Uncharacteristically walking along the actual, physical ground, Anchor makes her way up to the bar.
"Could I get a drink-thing? Something bland?"
Always quiet, the slight young woman's voice is nearly inaudible here; she speaks with a great weight on her mind, or a great deal of tiredness and apathy. She's already slumped over on the bar, actually. It must be to feel dramatic about her malaise, because she's an inhuman monster who doesn't need to and in fact can't sleep.

Deathkeeper
2013-12-31, 12:02 AM
Mist perks up.
"Hi Anchor! Sure, here you go!"
He passes her a nice generic glass of wine. It's fancier than beer, but still quite generic.
"What's up?"

Recaiden
2013-12-31, 12:15 AM
"Hello Mist."
For the tiniest instant she brightens up. Some part of her reminds about the name thing, but she ignores it. You can't stop a nickname once it's started without really drastic measures.
"Everyone* at the Good League of Good is awful** and a friend*** of mine is gone forever and-"
She reaches out to take the wine glass and drops her head to the counter again with a small cry.
"-I'm an idiot! I can't drink things! What was I thinking? Mist, please drink that wine for me. :smallfrown:"
She does pay for the drink, or try to. Look, there's a few coins fumbled onto the bar.

* Four of the six people she saw most recently
** Kinda insensitive, maybe. It's the small things that drive a girl to villainy.
*** Reciprocity of the friendship never established. May be closer to a one-sided obsession.

Deathkeeper
2013-12-31, 12:20 AM
Admittedly, Mist did say he preferred her real name, but she did tell him at the time it didn't matter much and his player has forgotten what exactly it was.
"I'm sorry, I forgot too. Hey, I know how you feel. Anything I can do?"

Recaiden
2013-12-31, 12:26 AM
Well it wasn't totally reasonable of that part of her to correct him to 'Leah', given that Mist could be bad with names, or be being playful, or any number of things.
Leah straightens up a bit and looks at the bartender.
"You could drink it or give it to someone so it's not a waste."
She pauses and forces her eyes to stop glancing around. There's a request that she's avoiding saying.
"I just don't know what to do anymore. It's like if I went home and my house was just vanished was gone, or the sun stopped shining or something."
This is even worse than the thing with the scythe, or getting amnesia.

Deathkeeper
2013-12-31, 12:32 AM
Mist sticks the glass under the bar.
"I'll give it to someone else. I'm a minor.
And really, I get it. I lost everyone I've ever known when I came here, and in the literal sense my humanity, too. You can't let it break you down like that."

Arkhosia
2013-12-31, 12:38 AM
Oh look! Aurelia walks into the tavern and takes 1d10 damage!
Oh, Hi Anchor!
... What's wrong?
She asks, concern in her voice.

Recaiden
2013-12-31, 12:39 AM
There, the glass is safe. That's all okay then.
Leah looks back down, a bunch of conflicting emotions running over her face. Relief, he didn't ask. Sadness, he didn't ask. Hunger, stupid inhumanity why can't I just drink wine. Shame, Mist is so much worse off than me and I'm complaining. She flickers into incorporeality and sinks a little way down into her seat.
"Yes. I should be stronger."
If only it were as easy as saying that. She would ask about the age; there's something odd about a bartender being too young to drink the things he serves, and she's fairly certain Mist is older than her but she got a drink anyway. Too embarrassed to actually speak up.
She groans softly. Somewhere near the bottom of the list of things she wants to happen is for her friend/nemesis to show up and make her look even more foolish. Aurelia is probably going to show her up by being a nice forgiving person. Typical. :smalltongue:
Anchor makes a rather obvious show of sitting up, solidifying, and turning to Aurelia, a patently fake smile on her face.
"Hey Aurelia. Call me 'Leah'. People can be really awful, is most of it, and Rein is gone. You seem better."

Deathkeeper
2013-12-31, 12:46 AM
Mist is 18. According to New York law, anyone that old can take the test to get a bartender's license. I know because a friend of mine did right after high school. And so did my physics teacher from high school. So it's not that weird. Regardless, Mist sits back and lets the two talk to each other.

Arkhosia
2013-12-31, 01:02 AM
There, the glass is safe. That's all okay then.
Leah looks back down, a bunch of conflicting emotions running over her face. Relief, he didn't ask. Sadness, he didn't ask. Hunger, stupid inhumanity why can't I just drink wine. Shame, Mist is so much worse off than me and I'm complaining. She flickers into incorporeality and sinks a little way down into her seat.
"Yes. I should be stronger."
If only it were as easy as saying that. She would ask about the age; there's something odd about a bartender being too young to drink the things he serves, and she's fairly certain Mist is older than her but she got a drink anyway. Too embarrassed to actually speak up.
She groans softly. Somewhere near the bottom of the list of things she wants to happen is for her friend/nemesis to show up and make her look even more foolish. Aurelia is probably going to show her up by being a nice forgiving person. Typical. :smalltongue:
Anchor makes a rather obvious show of sitting up, solidifying, and turning to Aurelia, a patently fake smile on her face.
"Hey Aurelia. Call me 'Leah'. People can be really awful, is most of it, and Rein is gone. You seem better."
Okay. That is true, sadly. People are the best and the worst beings in the multiverse.
Really? First I heard of it. That's sad. Rein was kinda nice.
Thanks.
Aurelia sits in the seat next to Leah.

Recaiden
2013-12-31, 01:11 AM
It being a legal thing that happens does not make it not weird. I too have a friend who got a bartending license when she was 18, but it remains odd and confusing and the main point was shouldn't he check peoples' ages if he's going to refuses service to himself based on age? :smalltongue:

"Best and worst? We really are, aren't we?"
And clearly, since Leah isn't one of the worst people (she's sure of this because she didn't actually try to kill anyone at GLoG), she must be one of the best ones.
"I'm afraid so. I'll miss him but, at least I'm not alone."
Especially since she was taught one of the secrets of creation. Difficult to be truly or even figuratively alone after that, except by your own choice.
"You're welcome. What have you been doing?"
A generic question to be sure, but Aurelia is distracting Leah by being so delicious-looking and nearby and winning at their competition(which I'm fairly sure exists only in Anchor's mind) by her obvious composure and whimsy.

ImpSyndrome
2013-12-31, 09:30 AM
Naku nods a few times, still smiling. "Then let me assure you," she says, after she let Leo finish, "I am still fully in possession of my body, mind, and spirit. Which is just the way the vampire work back where I'm from; as they . . . we . . . feed, we slowly lose more and more of ourselves. Which is why I've been starving myself for the entire duration I've been here. Nothing to worry about from me."
Leo doesn't generally take the undead at their word, as the ones to which he's most accustomed are often deceptive and conniving. It's obvious to him, though, that Naku is far and above his typical zombie con, and he owes her some measure of trust for taking him in on nothing but his assumed work ethic. Besides, now that he has an opportunity to look, he notes that she does, in fact, radiate the presence of a spirit of her own, proving the validity of her claim.

"Well, it'll take some getting used to, I confess," Leo admits apologetically. "Still, I think I owe you that much at least. After all, I'm going to be working here, so I'd better not do anything to cause trouble."

Soon after this, he'll remember the original tone of their conversation and, unless Naku persists on the subject of vampires, continue, "Anyway, about spirit powers...Most of the time, it's up to each individual to discover their abilities for themselves, but a practiced spiritualist can occasionally get a sneak peek that could help to unlock it. I've never tried it before, but it's not invasive or dangerous, so I think it'd be worth a shot, if you're up for it."

Arkhosia
2013-12-31, 11:54 AM
It being a legal thing that happens does not make it not weird. I too have a friend who got a bartending license when she was 18, but it remains odd and confusing and the main point was shouldn't he check peoples' ages if he's going to refuses service to himself based on age? :smalltongue:

"Best and worst? We really are, aren't we?"
And clearly, since Leah isn't one of the worst people (she's sure of this because she didn't actually try to kill anyone at GLoG), she must be one of the best ones.
"I'm afraid so. I'll miss him but, at least I'm not alone."
Especially since she was taught one of the secrets of creation. Difficult to be truly or even figuratively alone after that, except by your own choice.
"You're welcome. What have you been doing?"
A generic question to be sure, but Aurelia is distracting Leah by being so delicious-looking and nearby and winning at their competition(which I'm fairly sure exists only in Anchor's mind) by her obvious composure and whimsy.

Nothing of note, as of late. I deadtimed for a bit, nothing unusual around here.
Aurelia replies.

Recaiden
2013-12-31, 02:10 PM
"Aurelia, you can't just mention that! It bothers people who have a metrically linear conception of time."
Leah gives an exasperated sigh, but now she's curious. Can Aurelia see the fourth wall too?
"At least there's nothing bad. Say, how do you feel about animals?"

Arkhosia
2013-12-31, 06:06 PM
"Aurelia, you can't just mention that! It bothers people who have a metrically linear conception of time."
Leah gives an exasperated sigh, but now she's curious. Can Aurelia see the fourth wall too?
"At least there's nothing bad. Say, how do you feel about animals?"

Animals are the best things ever!
Aurelia replies.

Deathkeeper
2013-12-31, 06:30 PM
(Mist silently makes note to stay in his humanoid shape for a while to avoid risk of being squeezed.)

Recaiden
2013-12-31, 06:32 PM
"Along with people and probably most things, right? You wouldn't have a favorite sort of creature?"
She's too generically cheerful; Leah is slightly disturbed.

Mee
2013-12-31, 10:05 PM
Leo doesn't generally take the undead at their word, as the ones to which he's most accustomed are often deceptive and conniving. It's obvious to him, though, that Naku is far and above his typical zombie con, and he owes her some measure of trust for taking him in on nothing but his assumed work ethic. Besides, now that he has an opportunity to look, he notes that she does, in fact, radiate the presence of a spirit of her own, proving the validity of her claim.

"Well, it'll take some getting used to, I confess," Leo admits apologetically. "Still, I think I owe you that much at least. After all, I'm going to be working here, so I'd better not do anything to cause trouble."

Soon after this, he'll remember the original tone of their conversation and, unless Naku persists on the subject of vampires, continue, "Anyway, about spirit powers...Most of the time, it's up to each individual to discover their abilities for themselves, but a practiced spiritualist can occasionally get a sneak peek that could help to unlock it. I've never tried it before, but it's not invasive or dangerous, so I think it'd be worth a shot, if you're up for it."

Naku nods once. "I appreciate that. And speaking of trouble, if anyone starts harassing you, just let me know. Don't try to fight. Not sure if you would or not, but the DFI frowns on violence."

Then Leo continued on with the spiritual doodilyboppers. Naku wasn't too interested in keeping the conversation on vampirism, so she gladly let him change the subject.
"I'm all for it. Nothing lost either way, right?" With that, Naku hops off of the bar she was still sitting on, and cricked her neck slightly.

GrandDM
2014-01-01, 11:53 AM
The door opens, and Silver walks in. He looks around for Amelia.

McBish
2014-01-01, 11:53 AM
Amelia Jones walks into the tavern looking either tired or pissed off. It is slightly difficult to tell unless you know here really well. She carries her beaten up suitcase with her as she finds a small table to sit down at, placing an order for an irish coffee and resting her head on the table till it is delivered.

((Like a ninja, except she doesn't notice Silver right away.))

Deathkeeper
2014-01-01, 11:58 AM
Mist comes by with Amelia's coffee.
"Hiya Amelia. Trouble at work?"

GrandDM
2014-01-01, 11:58 AM
Silver drops into one of the other seats.

"Hey."

McBish
2014-01-01, 12:02 PM
Amelia sits up as her table gets approached. She gives a sad smile and nod to Mist. "Yeah, though not really trouble so much as not having work once again." It looks like she hasn't been getting enough sleep lately, and is looking forward to some caffine to help get her body going.

Then when Silver sits down across from her she glances at her wrist out of habit. She sold her last watch awhile back and hasn't replaced it yet. "And you must be Silver. You said you wanted to talk about Harald?" I assume their phone conversation was pretty short and low on details.

GrandDM
2014-01-01, 12:14 PM
Probably.

"Indeed."

He flicks a finger, and a tiny droplet of coffee floats up. Another flick, and it expands, turning into a large sphere of coffee which moves over to hover next to Silver's head and occasionally calve small pieces which Silver drinks.

"I believe you were employed for a period by my brother?"

McBish
2014-01-01, 12:21 PM
"Yeah though he didn't mention anything about brothers. From the way he spoke it didn't seem like he really had a family, let alone someone who would come around asking questions if he died." Amelia says trying not to sound to suspicious. She knows familes can drift apart, and figures something like that must have happened.

"Yeah I started off as a bodyguard for a mission up in space. I always wanted to get up there so it was a good job for me. Then it turned into something I had hoped would be more permenent." She picks up her coffee taking a small sip from it. She seems a tiny bit amused by Silver's floating coffee trick. Silver sure likes being showy like Harald.

GrandDM
2014-01-01, 12:27 PM
"Well, Henry always liked to remain in the shadows. And Harald never got on with me, what with his phobia of magic. Coupled with his demon-induced mental instability towards the end, it didn't exactly make for a happy family.

As for work... if you're looking for a job, Henry's starting a small facility. You'll have to sign a very stringent confidentiality clause, but the pay's good and you get everything provided. You'd probably be posted in my department, given that you have powers."