PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition XXI Voting Thread

Tanuki Tales
2013-12-01, 10:51 AM
{table=head]Entry|Author|1st Place|2nd Place|3rd Place|Total|MLTSP Votes|MUE Votes

Troy's Compatriot (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16384325&postcount=9)|caledscratcher|7|0|1|8|1|4

Cyberman (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16385639&postcount=11)|malonkey1|7|0|1|8|1|0

Sontaran (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16479732&postcount=12)|gr8artist|14|0|1|15|0|0

Dalek (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16481190&postcount=13)|TETanglebrooke|0|9|0|9|1|0

Nestene Consciousness (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16486986&postcount=14) Plastics, Civilization, and the Nestene Connection (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16486999&postcount=15)|SassyQuatch|0|3|1|4|1|0
[/table]
Unfortunately, the Companion is disqualified for not being complete by the deadline.

Welcome one and all to the Voting thread for the twenty-first Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition! We have five wonderful entries for you to peruse over, but only one will end up taking home the gold!

Now, the way the voting for this competition works is as follows:

You receive five votes to cast.
The first three votes are to be given to the entries that you believe should come in first, second and third place respectively. First place votes are worth seven points, second place three points and third place one point each. Keep in mind that such choices should go to the entries that you believe fit most closely to the given concept of the contest and not just the entries you like the most.
The fourth vote is to be given to the entry that you believe is "Most Likely to See Play". This vote is cast for the entry that you could see yourself allowing as a DM or you could see yourself wanting to and being allowed to play at an actual game session by your DM.
The fifth vote is to be given to the entry that you believe is the "Most Unique". This vote is cast for the entry that you least expected to see made for this competition and that stands out the most compared to it's peers.
You may apply all types of votes to the same entry (but you of course cannot select the same entry for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place), but doing this does not better the chances of that entry winning anymore than if you selected three separate entries.
Once you make your vote, that's final. You can not take it back or change it. The first vote I see and tally on the scoreboard is how it will be until the end of the voting period.
Entrants are allowed to vote and can vote for their own entries if they so wish.
Please give reasoning for why you selected an entry as the recipient of any of your votes.
Please Bold your choice for each vote.
In the case of any ties I will cast the tiebreaker vote.

The voting will remain open through December 30th and the winners will be declared December 31st.

SassyQuatch
2013-12-03, 05:32 PM
1st: Sontaran. Probably the most fleshed-out of the remaining choices, they present the Sontaran strengths and weaknesses well, as well as a good amount of fluff to give players and DMs an opportunity to make a thematic choice (beyond just the numbers).

2nd: Dalek. Straightforward. Move slowly, Exterminate, restore buffs as needed. Not as well formatted as some entries and especially lacking on fluff for the most recognizable Who enemy, but it gets the job done with brute force.

3rd: Cyberman. MOstly gets to 3rd place due to maybe a bit too much simplicity for my tastes. Make type construct, adjust ability scores, add weapon, hive mind and weakness. Usable, but it doesn't *POP* for me and seems a tad generic.

MLTSP: Dalek . The single combat focus to use the effective Exterminate ability could create a number of terrifying scenarios for a party to face.

MU: Troy's Compatriot. I know it seems like I was snubbing Troy's Compatriot, but at the moment I don't see it being usable. One Sponsor isn't enough options for the class. Also, I know the reference, but it seems a bit too away from the mainstream to create a class based on a short-lived companion and as such begins to stray from the theme challenge. In the end, a bit of a shame, I would have liked to have seen a more completed product. HAVING SAID ALL THAT, a caster with divine and arcane spells on her list and the running theme of "u can't touch this" is certainly unique.

caledscratcher
2013-12-04, 04:56 AM
1st: Troy's Compatiriot. Yes, it's bad form to vote yourself for 1st, but... to be perfectly honest, I feel that despite the lack of Sponsors, there are "enough" options to get you through uniquely. Plus, knowing next to naught about DoctorWho, I feel I accomplished something that I always (personally) strive to do: take the prompt and make it your own.
2nd: Nestene Consciousness. A lot of effort was very clearly put into this, and that is something for which I give high marks. The whole section on plastics also looks fantastic, even though I've only yet skimmed it.
3rd: Sontorans. ...I dunno, it just seems cool.
Most Likely to See Play: Troy's Compatriot. I was telling a friend of mine about this class, and given his affinity for healers/damagers, he offered to play it when given a chance. So, er, yeah.
Most Unique: Troy's Compatriot. Yes, yes, it seems a bit narcissistic to give myself all of these votes, but I feel that simply taking a race or creature from the series and providing it with a statblock isn't really something that deserves the title of unique. On the other hand, to take something without much content and extrapolate and expand and develop... that strikes me as unique.

Stake A Vamp
2013-12-07, 07:49 PM
1st:The Cyberia: they were just brilliant in my opinion. give this (wo)man a tardis
2nd:The Daleks:a close second, give this (wo)man a sonic screwdriver
3rd:Troys Compatriot: would have taken first if it had more sponsors, either way, give this (wo)man thirteen regeneration's
Most Likely To See Play: the Cyberia: guess what my players are facing next... give this (wo)man a K9 unit
Most Unique:Troys compatriot yeah, it was lacking, severely lacking, in sponsors, and that damaged it severely, but the concept was really the only one not lifted from the show entirely (not that the others weren't fabulous, just unoriginal). give this (wo)man a fez

Tanuki Tales
2013-12-28, 10:43 AM
Votes tallied to here.

3WhiteFox3
2013-12-28, 12:25 PM
1st: Sontaran
2nd: Dalek
3rd Nestene Consciousness

MLTSP: Nestene Consciousness
MUE: Troy's Compatriot

Tanuki Tales
2013-12-30, 03:28 PM
Votes tallied to here.

gr8artist
2014-01-28, 09:39 PM
By my (unofficial) count, the totals are ~

1st Place: Sontarans
2nd Place: Daleks
3rd Place: Troy's Compatriot and Cybermen
MLTSP: Daleks, Troy's Compatriot, Cybermen, and the Nestene Consciousness.
MUE: Troy's Compatriot, hands-down.

In case anyone was wanting to reference the results for their homebrew page or something.