PDA

View Full Version : Artificer Rogue Gestalt help

Corinath
2013-12-01, 12:08 PM
Low down:

I'm in a Gestalt Campaign. Starting at low levels. I've got a Rogue build that, were it not for suddenly being Gestalt, I'd be playing. My main emphasis is on playing as a rogue. I've got that class progression sorted out. Even income via poison making and selling with a house ruled profession. I like it. But, beyond that…

Now we're Gestalt.

I picked Artificer because it seems like, with enough warning/gold, I could either break the game (in the event of a party wipe) or, well, not. It also has the great benefit of being an amazing support class if I wanted it to be, so that everyone could feel they were getting some great jabs in.

The vast majority of my fellow players aren't hardcore DnDers. Including my DM, I think. So while they have T1 classes, mostly, they wouldn't be breaking game mechanics.

My question is this:

1) In building a Ninjaficer/Bufficer (In that order, remember I'm a rogue first :) ), what FEATS do you consider essential, and why?
2) I don't entirely understand how metamagic works with infusions. Can you Meta Magic infusions? How do people claim they can get persistent, say, invisibility/blink? (Which I don't actually need, but am truly curious about)

Again, my goal is to build a character that can break the game, but I'm very much a team sport guy, and have no intention of doing it unless imminent doom is on the horizon. I'd rather Buff team mates and Sneak Attack baddies than have a spell that kills everything in one hit.

EDIT: Meant to mention I'm off to work, so I won't be back for awhile to respond. Womp womp.

Corinath
2013-12-01, 08:51 PM
…Nothing? Bueller?

Waker
2013-12-01, 10:27 PM
When you say you want to focus on being a Rogue, which type in particular? Are you a social scoundrel, treasure hunter, assassin or some other archetype? How do you see yourself engaging in combat or solving problems? What level are you starting? Team makeup?

Corinath
2013-12-02, 12:21 AM
Not a skill monkey. Mostly a Sneak Attack melee dude. Assassin type. the build stacks Sneak Attack with Iajutsu Focus, regularly, quite a bit.

I'm also the "fool" in lots of ways. I joke around with people and such. But I'm also Chaotic Neutral. Of course.

We're starting at level 1.

I have a Wizard/Druid, a Fighter/Barbarian, A Barbarian/something else, and one character who is being secretive over what they're playing.