PDA

View Full Version : Oddball Con-Boosting Items

Rubik
2013-12-01, 01:51 PM
I've been looking around everywhere for non-HD, non-spell, non-racial, and non-template boosts to Constitution, and they're apparently incredibly rare.

We, of course, have ioun stones and amulets that grant enhancement bonuses (like 90% of everything else out there), Wishes, and manuals of bodily health.

I've only found THREE "items," in all the books I own, that grant constant non-enhancement bonuses to Con: the gutworm symbiote (10,000 gp, according to Magic of Faerun, I think) and the strong leg fiendish graft (8,000 gp), both of which grant +2 untyped bonuses, and are from Fiend Folio, and the psychoactive skin of proteus, which grants constant Metamorphosis at will (which, unlike Polymorph, does change hp; it's great but expensive, and it doesn't fit all characters well). That's all I'm aware of.

A little help here? Cheaper is better, of course, but anything that boosts Con is welcome.

Vedhin
2013-12-01, 03:11 PM
Items:
Silthilar Bones from Lords of Madness are +2 untyped.
Glyph of Slave's Glory, same source gives +2 morale to Str and Con, but has crippling restrictions.
Horn of Triumph, Song and Silence is +2 morale to Str and Con. Best to have a Warforged/Necropolitan to play it.
Rhul, Lords of Darkness, is a drug that grants pseudo-rage.

Feats:
Deformity (obese), Book of Vile Darkness is +2 Con/-2 Dex.
Ettercap Berserker and Reckless Rage, Unapproachable East and Races of Stone respectively, increase bonuses while raging.

mabriss lethe
2013-12-01, 09:09 PM
Also Vow of Poverty gains +8/+6/+4/+2 as an enhancement bonus to 4 ability scores over 20 levels. Of course VoP is its own can of worms, but I'll drop it down for the sake of completion.