PDA

View Full Version : Requesting a Cthulu D20 campaign journal.

G.Cube
2013-12-01, 02:36 PM
Really excited to try it out, does anyone have any campaign journals that I could read to get me even more pumped for it?

Rhynn
2013-12-01, 03:12 PM
Just read The Case of Charles Dexter Ward, that is like the best example of how CoC should be played (except maybe without the full-on flashbacks, but those could work). Lovecraft's own works are out of copyright by now, so it's conveniently available online.

Mutazoia
2013-12-02, 05:26 PM
Just read The Case of Charles Dexter Ward, that is like the best example of how CoC should be played (except maybe without the full-on flashbacks, but those could work). Lovecraft's own works are out of copyright by now, so it's conveniently available online.

Like this (http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/31469)

Kaveman26
2013-12-02, 05:55 PM
For how horrifically wrong it can go...search out Old Man Henderson...

As an example of right...very hard to find. Majority of Lovecraftian games I have ever heard of pretty much share a few common factors.

1. Oops we accidentally blew up the cultist's warehouse and are now on the run

2. Oops we actually tried to read or see something from the beyond and we are now insane.

3.Hey we circumvented the insanity rules by creating blind,deaf and illiterate characters that couldn't accidentally trigger a Shoggoth to our world by reading the cultist manual in brail.

4. When in doubt...Tommy Gun/Shotgun at point blank range in the face...then everyone died.