PDA

View Full Version : What I Was Thinking Of...

1pwny
2013-12-01, 03:51 PM
So I was wondering (in D&D):
Are there any rules about increasing damage from speed? Just think about it: you have a character with a base speed of 30, the trait Quick, the feat Epic Speed. That gives you a base speed of 70. Use the feat Blinding Speed to increase that to 100 ft/6 seconds, and then you take the Run feet to quintuple that when running.

All in all, it means that while running you have a speed of about 60 mph. Should I get an attack bonus?

On another note...
Have any of you thought of making a Distance, Throwing, Seeking, Returning Morningstar?

OldTrees1
2013-12-01, 04:02 PM
Make it a Bloodstorm Blade: Make ranged attacks (as if they were melee attacks) with melee weapons (as if the weapon were a Returning weapon) against everyone.

Now you have a blazing fast character wielding a very long range weapon against a whole army at a time.

Vedhin
2013-12-01, 04:05 PM
The Swordsage maneuver Tornado Throw works sort of like this. There was some theoretical build that broke lightspeed and used Tornado Throw for ridiculousd6 damage and knocking things prone.

DarkSonic1337
2013-12-01, 04:38 PM
Wasn't that the ruby knight windicator?

It involved spending turn undeads to gain more swift actions and to recover "quicksilver motion" to move as a swift action over and over again before initiating tornado throw, which scales damage and throwing distance based off of how far you moved in that round.

Fun stuff. I think they got to like 400ft per move action at one point.

Kelb_Panthera
2013-12-01, 05:19 PM
I remember that.

As I recall it used the spell foot steps of the divine or some such from complete champion. It was DMM'ed to persistence then its 14399 rounds of remaining duration gets turned into a speed bonus which in turn is turned into an absolutely ridiculous bonus on the opposed strength/dex check for one of the setting sun throws; allowing the windicator to hurl his foes at like C1.04 or so.

Slipperychicken
2013-12-01, 06:39 PM
If you mean body-checking people? I think you'd just make an unarmed strike/bull rush on a charge. It gives you a +2 to hit.

I believe A&EG has rules for crashing and ramming vehicles. You could make some attempt to convert that for medium sized squishy people.

Daebu
2013-12-01, 07:14 PM
So I was wondering (in D&D):
Are there any rules about increasing damage from speed? Just think about it: you have a character with a base speed of 30, the trait Quick, the feat Epic Speed. That gives you a base speed of 70. Use the feat Blinding Speed to increase that to 100 ft/6 seconds, and then you take the Run feet to quintuple that when running.

All in all, it means that while running you have a speed of about 60 mph. Should I get an attack bonus?

On another note...
Have any of you thought of making a Distance, Throwing, Seeking, Returning Morningstar?

Both build ideas are answered with Tome of Battle.

The first is exemplified in the "Chuck E Cheese" build. Swordsage/Crusader/Cleric/Ruby Knight Vindicator

The second would be a form of Warblade/Bloodstorm Blade/Master Thrower. Throw in a little Dungeoncrasher Fighter if you want to make ranged bullrushes with it.

Slipperychicken
2013-12-01, 10:56 PM
The first is exemplified in the "Chuck E Cheese" build. Swordsage/Crusader/Cleric/Ruby Knight Vindicator

Wasn't Chuck killed by errata?

Kelb_Panthera
2013-12-01, 11:08 PM
Wasn't Chuck killed by errata?

Yeah. They made foot steps of the divine's secondary effect into a discharge effect, making it an invalid target for persistent spell.