PDA

View Full Version : So what should I do?

UmpteenthDoctor
2013-12-01, 08:45 PM
I apologize in advance for my spellkng errors i am on my phone at work and an idea came to me.
But what alignment and classes to give this idea.

The character is the third son of a noble lord. Due to the way they dedicatr wealth and power through male bloodlines he will really get nothing upon his fathers death. But he has his place in the family. He is the provider as they are nobles but not very wealthy. He hunted and fished to feed his family but has since left to find a piece of his own fortune and future. He is yiung and brash not willing to help people unless he sees something in it for himself. Even if that is just a free drink. He is smarter then his siblings always clever and thoughtful making plans.

As far as magic he is understandibly intrigued by it same with psionics though i am not zure if i should make him one. He doesnt mind standing back and launching volley or two but he favors the thrill of up cloze and personal to bring his enemy down.

So what should i do with him?

Callin
2013-12-01, 08:51 PM
Factotum to start with. I mean you just described the dabbler of it all.

Red Fel
2013-12-01, 11:02 PM
Given his experience hunting and fishing, his ability to dabble, and his ability to either fight at range or in melee, I'd pick Ranger. Not because it's an awesome class, but because it fits.

Your character strikes me as a CG sword-for-hire kind of person. Used to supporting others, but not appreciated for it, so he became sort of rigidly individualist.

A character like this, I'd recommend leaving his Charisma low. He's a loner. Dex, Str, Con should be high. I'd recommend keeping non-magical combat as his focus, perhaps multiclassing into Scout, which is a naturally loner-type class. Maybe take Swift Hunter.

ngilop
2013-12-01, 11:11 PM
I second ranger or failing that.. Scout sounds pretty spot on. Also maybe wilderness Rogue?

alignment id say CN as he is all about "what i cna do to better myself with X/bydoing X" because selflessness is a hallmark of the good alignment