PDA

View Full Version : Skyrim Glitch Thread

CAHaugen
2013-12-01, 09:23 PM
Greetings. We all know of the game Skyrim, for the 360.

I've been very slow to getting updates and installments due to working two jobs an such. I had the Dragonborn DLC and, of course, the normal bug associated with Miraak bugging out and staying Ethereal forever. Well I stopped playing Skyrim for some time and recently came back to it, got the update, and tried to play again.

Unfortunately the game glitched even harder than before. Now not only does Miraak stay in his Ethereal state, the dragon you ride in on only lands half the time and you can't physically kill him.

One method I read about ending the glitch was to focus all attacks on the other three dragons and kill them before you attack Miraak. Well with the blue dragon immune to damage (His HP bar doesn't even come up), I can't do this.

I've found a "window of opportunity" in which I CAN kill him, so long as I ground him and destroy him within the first five or so seconds of the battle. This makes taking down the other two dragons nearly impossible because it's so hard to actually line up shots and take them down, though.

In one session I played (About three hours) I was able to do this. But when the second one landed, it activated Miraak's sequence to absorb his soul and, once again, I absorbed it.

The "update" actually made the glitch worse.

I don't want to spend +40 hours redoing literally EVERYTHING in Dragonborn on the off-chance it MIGHT make things better and this really upsets me because I was looking forward to finally finishing Dragonborn and being able to reset my skill perks (I had invested in Light Armor and found it boring after I got the Ebonymail, now I wear nothing but Heavy Armor and wish to fill it in fully).

So, any advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

CAHaugen
2013-12-01, 09:41 PM
To post replies on all "known fixes", here's what I've faced.

1.) Damage him 1 hp at a time
Nope. He still won't absorb the souls.

2.) Distance yourself so he is closer
Nope. I still absorb them no matter the distance.

3.) Try to kill all dragons first, THEN attack
Nope. When the third one lands he activates the command to absorb it's health and get's stuck.

4.) DON'T attack the dragons
Nope. Nothing changes.

5.) Kill the dragon, save, reload
Nope. Glitch still happens.

The only one I haven't tried is redownloading the DLC because I've heard that doesn't always fix it either... Any new information would be helpful.

KillianHawkeye
2013-12-01, 09:45 PM
Have you tried the Elder Scrolls wiki? Or the main Skyrim/Elder Scrolls thread here?

CAHaugen
2013-12-01, 09:46 PM
Yes I tried the wiki. Nothing worked.

And I didn't know there was a TES page here already. I'm sort'a new to the site.

CAHaugen
2013-12-01, 09:49 PM
I just read two things that bother me...

1.) The cultists are supposed to attack you on the island, not the mainland? I was attacked in Solitude the moment I loaded. Literally, I loaded my character outside and was surrounded by them.

2.) Miraak is supposed to steal at least one dragon soul? He NEVER did this to me. I have 74 dragon souls stored up with all my shouts maxed. Not once did he load.

KillianHawkeye
2013-12-01, 10:12 PM
Well then, welcome to the playground!

The first thing you should know is that double-posting is against the rules, but you can edit your posts to include additional information if you think of something else you want to add.

The second thing you should know is that the on-site search function has been indefinitely disabled. If you want to search the site, you can go to Google (or another search engine, probably) and add "site:giantitp.com/forums" (without quotes) to the end of your search terms.

Like so. (http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=the+elder+scrolls+site%3Agiantitp.com%2Fforums)

DigoDragon
2013-12-02, 08:17 AM
1.) The cultists are supposed to attack you on the island, not the mainland? I was attacked in Solitude the moment I loaded. Literally, I loaded my character outside and was surrounded by them.

To the best of my knowledge, cultists will attack you on the mainland. I've been attacked walking out of Proudspire and have fought two separate random encounters with them in the Rift (Though the second encounter ended in hilarity when a bear mauled the cultists before they all could attack me).

AdmiralCheez
2013-12-02, 11:51 AM
I'm pretty sure the cultists attacking you on the mainland is the triggering event to start the DLC. It always starts the quest for me and encourages seeking out where they came from, leading to the boat.

GungHo
2013-12-02, 03:27 PM
Yeah, that's how it operates in my game. Granted, I'm modded to hell on the PC. The goon squad is three masked Cultists that appear "one day" in one of the cities after you exit a shop, similar to the way the Redguards appear in Whiterun, the way you get challenged by the Ebony Warrior, or the way you get attacked by thugs for running up a bounty. They show up, initiate dialog, and then it's clobberin' time. One of the bodies will have a note. Take it and read it and you start the Dragonborn quest to go to Solstheim.