PDA

View Full Version : Creating Thralls quickly

JW86
2013-12-02, 07:38 AM
Hi,

So, my soon to be Level 22 C.E. Githzerai StPErudite/Slayer will be taking levels into Thrallherd.

I'll be getting a Level 17 Thrall. I've got a few rough ideas already.

1. Half-Giant Psychic Warrior - Uses Vigor, Thicken Skin etcto be tough, and the Knockback feat to send anyone flying who approaches the Gith.
2. Human Warlock - Invocations and Eldritch Blasts, fairly simple.
3. Paladin - because annoying Gods is fun.

I'm aiming only for a kind of Mid-OP approach, these characters do not need to be too powerful, and I've even requested the DM that the thralls are killed fairly regularly (being CE, I don't give a fig about them).
My questions, simply, is how would you create a mid-op warlock? I'm trying to avoid multiclassing for simplicity's sake (we already have 8 Level 20+ characters in the group, we don't need any more complex rules)

Question:

Does anybody have any cool ideas for thralls? I'm not looking for metagame "Artificer!" suggestions to explicitly buff the main character, but just general bodyguard/interesting character ideas. This is more a creative idea exercise than an optimisation one. The more ideas, the better, because they'll be dying frequently under my C.E. Leadership!:smallamused: