View Full Version : Very cool thing Giant contributed to:

Josh_Kablack
2007-01-14, 02:20 AM
Just saw this:

http://www.websnark.com/archives/2007/01/submitted_witho_1.html

Pretty cool if you ask me.

Lilly
2007-01-14, 02:46 AM
Say it with me now: "Awwwwwwwwwwwww....." :smallsmile: (and I was just going to come over here and post this)

ElfLad
2007-01-14, 02:49 AM
That's so sweet.

Alchemistmerlin
2007-01-14, 12:16 PM
Hah, very nice.

I love stuff like that. I like the way Gabe from Penny-Arcade did it too.

skreweded
2007-01-14, 12:46 PM
I find it great that other people from other web comics (who really, are competition with each other) are willing to help their competition. Even if it is something that has no funny joke in the whole comic, and is just for ones love life.

Jewel Thief
2007-01-14, 03:41 PM
Oh, wow.

That's a very clever proposal, but I would never want my man to do that.

Meagen
2007-01-14, 05:10 PM
I find it great that other people from other web comics (who really, are competition with each other) are willing to help their competition. Even if it is something that has no funny joke in the whole comic, and is just for ones love life.

Websnark is a webcomic blogger, not a webcartoonist. So he's not really "competition".

Bryn
2007-01-15, 02:17 PM
I'm not entirely sure how webcomics could compete - you can easily read several different webcomics without them interfering with the reading of one another.They gain nothing from working against each other (you don't 'convert' from, say, OOTS to Goblins). The only way they do compete is those webcomic voting sites, as far as I know, but to me at least (and presumably many others) that doesn't make much difference (I don't vote regularly).

pclips
2007-01-15, 11:03 PM
Agreed. I never have seen webcomics as being in competition with one another. It would not have been possible to collaborate with Rich and other creators as much as I have, if I thought about things that way. Certainly there would be no Erfworld.

Oh, and I was on the panel when Eric proposed to Wednesday. :D

ElfLad
2007-01-15, 11:24 PM
I, for one, can say that any fan of mine who reads another webcomic is a fan that I do not need.

Joking aside, the only webcomic I consider myself in competition with is myself, as I'm trying to constantly improve. And I'm friends with a whole lot of webcomic artists on the ComicGenesis boards, so there's no deep-seated rivalry between us.

theKOT
2007-01-16, 12:06 AM
That's so sweet.
When are YOU gonna settle down elfy? I want to see carnahan making a long speech about how the love you share with... let's call her amy... will echo through the ages.

ElfLad
2007-01-16, 01:07 AM
Never. I've resigned myself to a life of loneliness and despair.

Waf
2007-01-16, 01:12 AM
I like it. I hope that if I ever propose I can knock of gabe with such great style. I'm really impressed with how they all meshed. All the artists really gave it such a neat style to the message.

The Giant
2007-01-16, 01:27 AM
Technically, Eric is a webcartoonist; he wrote Gossamer Commons, he just stopped updating it like a year ago. However, yeah, he is far better known as a webcomic critic/essayist. I got to meet him and Wednesday last year when we did that panel at Swarthmore College, and I wish them the best of luck in their new dual-nation marriage.

And I agree, the only time two webcomics compete is when they both put out books or other products that cater to the same audience. For example, I compete with Nodwick, as we are both in Dragon Magazine and both have web and print versions. I don't compete with Penny Arcade, even though they have web and print products, because they're totally different audiences, nor do I compete with a comic that is in my genre but has no commercial products.

pestilenceawaits
2007-01-17, 03:26 PM
Cool proposal. Man, I just asked my wife, nothing fancy. I better make sure she never sees this. (looks side to side while wiping web cache)

Green Bean
2007-01-17, 05:00 PM
Very cool. It must have been tricky to keep the proposee from finding out early, what with all of the artwork flying around

Tiako
2007-01-17, 09:44 PM
Poor Chex...

ittybittykitty
2007-01-18, 01:29 AM
That is the coolest proposal ever!