PDA

View Full Version : Swordsage Feat Advice?

ramrod
2013-12-02, 03:08 PM
Hi,

Time has come to level up my Unarmed Swordsage to level 6. I cant take any of the fun options just yet.. level 9 needed for Gloom Razor and Snap Kick so I feel like, whilst it is a nice feat Craven is hardly a game changer!

I am a dex based unarmed SS (link to profile http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=12574)

Currently I have weapon finesse, shadow blade, superior unarmed, adaptive style, combat reflexes. Seems like a lot, but I have 2 flaws and improved unarmed was granted as part of Unarmed variant.

I dont mind taking Craven, but is there anything else that people would recommend?

Techwarrior
2013-12-02, 03:11 PM
Darkstalker. Hiding you from scent, blindsense, tremorsense, and other assorted detections since Lords of Madness.

Lightlawbliss
2013-12-02, 03:46 PM
If you intend to really use hide, darkstalker is a must.

at this point, I would likely take craven or darkstalker personally

ramrod
2013-12-02, 04:07 PM
Darkstalker was my other option, but I think the extra 12 damage a round will be more beneficial over time than being able to get through unusual circumstance hide checks. Plus Craven will scale with level (extra iterative attacks, snap kick, flurry etc).

I was just hoping that someone had spotted something that I hadnt in little tweaks that can make SS even more flexible/fun (somehow... lol)

Grams
2013-12-02, 05:44 PM
Staggering strike is one of the more powerful sneak attack feats and it's up there with craven. Maybe only taking it when the mobs your DM throws at you are capable of full attacking.

Edit: Coupled with Craven the DC can get very high.