PDA

View Full Version : Adventurers! IC

Feirgon
2013-12-02, 03:43 PM
The city of Eldrim, in some ways, is your average city in the world of Trean. Bustling with commerce, a constant flow of people, and a fair share of problems that need fixing. This last point is one that is quite important to you, because fixing problems pays. What makes Eldrim unique is the size of the problems are disproportionately large compared to the city itself.

As a common rule, bigger cities have bigger problems which necessitate bigger groups to fix them. This tends to be less of an issue for bigger cities, because there are more adventurers to solve said problems.

Eldrim breaks this rule. Through no fault of its own, either. Locals say it has to do with the location (no where special, probably pure superstition), others say it is a conspiracy by the council (really, to what end?). The most prevailing thought is that these problems all started out small, but because of the enormity of the other problems, were ignored until they got equally as big.

It also puts the city between a rock and a hard place. Adventurers tend not to stay close by after fixing a few problems because the city isn't large enough to meet all their other needs. And businesses are hesitant to move to Eldrim because of all the problems.

Regardless of all of this, here you are, visiting Eldrim for the first time in all it's... glory. You're probably already looking forward to leaving.

Luckily, the city is large enough to have a postings board. This handy device allows a prospective client to leave a note for interested adventurers. Which is helpful, because adventurers and clients don't get along until a problem is fixed. There is also some weird magical-binding-contract involved, but that never really interested you.

There are a few others who also seem to be perusing the board with you. Which is handy, because all the jobs that pay well will require more than one person. Scanning the board a couple stand out to you:

An alchemist is doing experiments in some nearby woods and now there are monsters attacking travelers
A local mine needs to be cleared out of bandits
A scholar needs some artifact from an ancient ruin

Introduce yourselves to fellow venture capitalists and potential teammates!

RP if you want more details on a specific job and also RP which one you prefer. You may use the fourth wall is a plot device, but please don't break it.

smasher0404
2013-12-02, 05:07 PM
Harold walks up to the board, using his quarterstaff as a means of parting the crowd to get close enough to the board. He quickly reads the message board once through in a quick skim, and once he had grasped the basic idea of each one he reads the one about the Alchemist's experiments and the monsters attacking travelers. "Hmmm... Monsters attacking those who are coming to the city? That can't be a good sign, and alchemists are usually good sources of research information about the elements. But I'm not sure if I would be enough to fix the problem, the notice says monsters plural, I can't fight well against such odds, I'd need to find some companions in order to do this. Most of my friends from the order aren't going to be able to help, they are too busy with running the monastery, and I haven't made close enough friends to ask to help me with this problem.I'll need to find some other help, probably those in it more for the large reward than the alchemist's knowledge." Harold thinks to himself as he takes out a notebook and starts copying down the notice and reading it more carefully himself.

Feirgon
2013-12-02, 05:25 PM
Harold walks up to the board, using his quarterstaff as a means of parting the crowd to get close enough to the board. He quickly reads the message board once through in a quick skim, and once he had grasped the basic idea of each one he reads the one about the Alchemist's experiments and the monsters attacking travelers. "Hmmm... Monsters attacking those who are coming to the city? That can't be a good sign, and alchemists are usually good sources of research information about the elements. But I'm not sure if I would be enough to fix the problem, the notice says monsters plural, I can't fight well against such odds, I'd need to find some companions in order to do this. Most of my friends from the order aren't going to be able to help, they are too busy with running the monastery, and I haven't made close enough friends to ask to help me with this problem.I'll need to find some other help, probably those in it more for the large reward than the alchemist's knowledge." Harold thinks to himself as he takes out a notebook and starts copying down the notice and reading it more carefully himself.

This is perhaps the most straight forward of all the notices. Usually a notice of this type is brought about by a group of poorer folks who have banded together enough money to pay for the problem to be remedied. The biggest clue that this is the case would be the supposed "attacks on travelers" on the nearby roads, as these roads would all be more traveled by locals.

The notice mentions attacks by a pack of four-legged mammals as well as some monstrous lizard. The details are left out (or completely missing as is the case from survivor stories).

Also, the use of the term "alchemist" is interesting as most times people would use the word wizard or mage. "Alchemist" brings to mind potions and herbs, which would require first hand knowledge and close inspection of an individuals work. Moreover, why an alchemist (a rather lucrative trade) would choose to be living in the woods, secluded, raises even more questions.

Maybe this isn't as straight forward as it seems on the surface.

Kymme
2013-12-02, 07:40 PM
It was a warm morning, and Karth had decided to go for a walk. The young monk donned his loose tan robes and set out. The wind tussled his auburn hair and tugged at his thin cloak, but he simply smiled and began to whistle an old scholars tune.

---------------

Karthage folds his arms, adopting a relaxed stance as he scans the postings board. Let's see... bandits in the mines? He harks back to a few nights ago, when he got into quite a brawl with a gang of lesser nobles. Gents didn't take kindly to his romancing their girls. He had ended the night with two sore knuckles and a lady on each arm. They went home with broken noses and bruised egos. Eh, that's all the fighting I need for one week.

Get an artifact from an ancient ruin? Too dusty. His eyes move across the board until they finally reach an interesting job.

"Monsters in the forest, huh?" The young monk says to nobody in particular. "And alchemist experiments? Sounds like a good time." His eyes travel to the monk beside him. "Hey, bro! You looking for a job, too?"

smasher0404
2013-12-02, 08:01 PM
"If by job you mean a way for me to aid people as best I can while still furthering my own knowledge, then yes. In fact there is one task that particularly interesting, see the one about the alchemist? What do you think of it?" Harold responds without even looking up from his notebook still scribbling down the rest of the notice. "Surely, you must have some opinion of it. There are some things that seem a little off, yet my desire of knowledge tugs at me, wanting me to investigate the situation." Finally Harold looks up from his copying to realize that Karth was wearing monastic robes. With a visible look of surprise Harold says "So then Brother, what do you think of it? Surely the opinion of another man from monastic training has picked up on some of the things that seem a little off to you."

KiCowboy
2013-12-02, 08:41 PM
"Tha' does it laddie! Nobody talks about mah wife's beard but me!"

Forbauti's broad forehead crashed into the drunkards nose like a slab of granite. The table collapsed under his victim's weight, somehow allowing the dwarf to look intimidating despite having stood on a chair to complete the task. Seeing the barkeep's furrowed brow, he shrugged and delivered a wan smile.

"Sorry mah good man. I dinnae mean to break yer card table." Foraging through his coin purse, Forbauti tossed three heavy pieces of silver. "Fer mah drink, fer yer troubles, and fer mah ill spoken friend's drink once he wakes up. Ah'll leave yah be, then. Would be awfully grateful if yeh could point me to the postings board." Following the barkeep's gaze, he sees it just outside and stalwartly stumbles forward.

Not wanting to confess he can't see all of the postings - Ah swear, it be a conspiracy to keep the short man down the way they put all the best jobs up top! - and too proud to ask for help, Forbauti simply feigns doing so whilst running his fingers through a bristly grey beard and listening in on the two robed gentlemen nearby.

"Cannae hardly understand what would send the man to live in the woods. Good money in alchemy after all. If'n yeh don't make a habit of burnin' yer patron's profits." For a few moments afterwards the old dwarf trails off into incomprehensible grumbling, then offers a hand out with a vice-like grip and skin more akin to sandpaper than leather. "Gentlemen! Ah'm Forbauti, an' ah'm a wee bit curious m'self on this one."

Kymme
2013-12-02, 08:56 PM
Karthage grins, amused by his Brother's behavior. And here we find the Scholar Monk in his natural habitat. "I think it sounds interesting. I mean, an alchemist of in the woods sounds fishy, but that makes no difference to me." He stifled a laugh at the other monk's surprise. "As I said, it sounds interesting. The fact that you seem fascinated with it only adds to my curiosity." Karth extends his hand. "I'm Karthage, Adherent of the Path of the Iron Spider. Which order are you from, Brother?"

"Forbauti, huh? You gunning for this job, too? Why don't we all take it together? Safety in numbers, as they say."

smasher0404
2013-12-02, 09:13 PM
After recovering from his surprise, Harold returns the offer of a handshake and replies "Harold Davincent,former member of The Brothers of the Flame, before you ask, I left the order to attempt to further my own knowledge. I left in good standing, and I am planning to return as soon as I am satisfied with my research. It seems rather odd that the notice seems to pin the blame on an Alchemist, rather than say a wizard or some other more i guess the word i'm looking for is "Magic" person. Someone who specializes in potions and herbs would hardly seem capable of somehow creating monsters. In fact it is quite possible that the "monsters" we are dealing with are some unknown species of creature, that we just don't know about. The details are rather scarce, this could be some new breed of wolf and the monstrous lizard is even more curious to me. The only creature that I can think of off the top of my head is a dragon, yet if it were a dragon, there would have been no survivors. I'm quite inclined to take on this task only to find out what said creature is." Turning to Forbauti "Well then, Forbauti was it? I feel like agree with Karthage here, it seems like the best course of action if our goals right now are the same is to collaborate on this. As he seemed to put it, there is safety in numbers."

KiCowboy
2013-12-02, 10:22 PM
"Aye, and well met, then - the both of yeh! An Adherent an' a Brother then, is it? No title fer mahself tho'. 'Less you ask mah ol' lady, in which case Curmudgeonly Bastard would be the one." Forbauti chuckles a bit at his own expense, then pulls out a pipe and offers to share after packing in an oddly pungent concoction of herbs and leaves.

"As fer this alchemy business, well . . . Ah suppose ain't too outlandish fer the fella ta be searchin fer some ingredients or whatnot. Funny thing is - most any place yeh go has some sort o' local legend of witchroot, kingleaf, an' the like." He puffs contentedly for a spell, then offers "An' it aint too far off to wager most such things - or the sudden absence of 'em - can have an impact on the things what normally live about them." While holding out the pipe once more he pats the pyreshot sidearm at his hip. "Just so happens ah'm no stranger to the art. Tho' mah preferences trend more to brimstone an' such."

"And yeah, ah'm all for strength in numbers. Ah'd rather face that dragon o' yours rather'n spend a night alone in them damnable woods. How's a dwarf to get a decent night's sleep with all that fresh air and no earth above him"

Dr.Gunsforhands
2013-12-03, 02:34 PM
"You could use a tent."

A third robed figure, speaking in an airy, humorless monotone, has seamlessly integrated herself into the group as though she had always been there. Just another adventurer staring at the boards, hoping to look cool, blase and mysterious for potential employers. She isn't doing a very good job of it, but she tells herself that that's all part of the newbie thief persona.

She looks back up at the message everyone is focused on. Somehow, when she reads the account of the monster attacks, she can't help but picture an iguana riding a pony.

"Interesting how whoever posted this clearly wants us to associate the alchemist with the attacks. What basis do they have for that connection? Did someone see him or her testing potions on animals, or do they just have a grudge against antisocial scientists?"

smasher0404
2013-12-03, 04:08 PM
Harold reacts in surprise at the newcomer's sudden speech. "Indeed madam, the points you make are very valid ones, It seems that you are the only one left looking at the postings board who has not introduced themselves. May I inquire after your name? And whether you would be interested in joining us on this task of eliminating said "monsters" if they be monsters at all. If we investigate this further we may be able to prove the alchemist innocent, or gather enough proof to validate incarcerating this fellow. Either way, we all stand to be greatly rewarded for this.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2013-12-04, 02:11 AM
The lady looks up and regards the scholar for a moment.

"Yes, you may inquire, and yes, I am interested."

She looks back to the poster and gets back to business before Harold can ask the obvious follow-up question. "We should start by finding the suspect's place of operation. I imagine it's near the road where the attacks occurred."

She combs the quest description for anything about the alchemist's location more specific than, 'the woods.'

Feirgon
2013-12-04, 10:44 AM
The lady looks up and regards the scholar for a moment.

"Yes, you may inquire, and yes, I am interested."

She looks back to the poster and gets back to business before Harold can ask the obvious follow-up question. "We should start by finding the suspect's place of operation. I imagine it's near the road where the attacks occurred."

She combs the quest description for anything about the alchemist's location more specific than, 'the woods.'

Despite the amount of understanding and perhaps intimate knowledge required to label an individual an alchemist, there is no exact location in the woods noted as the alchemists residence.

The attacks do have direct reference points, which happen to be quite some distance from each other along two different roads. If indeed both attacks are from the same source, the location would most likely be in the farthest part of the woods (from Eldrim) near the river that cuts through it.

Kymme
2013-12-04, 08:34 PM
Karthage folds his arms, watching the newcomer for a few moments. He flashes her a welcoming smile as he sizes her up.

"So, you're in on this, too? That makes for four of us, then." With a little half-turn the monk whirls to face the whole group. "Anybody know how far that river is from the outer wall? If we're gonna be outside for more than a day then I've got to go get some things. You know how it is with these kinds of journeys." He kicks at a loose flagstone, which chips off and soars away.

smasher0404
2013-12-04, 09:21 PM
"Brother Karthage, you may as well obtain the supplies you desire right now as we have no idea how long it will take us to locate the Alchemist,or locate the "monsters", it may take mere moments, or it might take days. And this is not factoring in the time needed to determine the alchemist's guilt or innocence. This is not a job that can be done in a single day for sure." Harold responds deciding to ignore the newcomer's evasion of the true intent of his question.

KiCowboy
2013-12-04, 11:54 PM
"Well then, aren't we a fine and motley crew? Pleasure to meet yeh ma'am."

Forbauti watches as Karthage bounds away, tutting as old folks will at the exuberance of youth, but not without a toothy grin.

"Ah'm ready when'er you lot are. Seems ah've worn out mah welcome at the tavern. An' anyways, ah'm already well stocked on all four food groups: Beans, Bacon, Whiskey, and Lard!"

Feirgon
2013-12-05, 10:59 AM
https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1NmGwwRDKkhbODdTOmQM0-51vL3vIh5Lr6lvYbIIJ7Ys/edit?usp=sharing

It is roughly a six hour walk to the edge of the woods. There is mostly farmland near and around the area. Eldrim sits on the foothills of the mountains to the north.

Seeing as that it is early in the day, you are sure that you can make it to the edge of the woods before sundown.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2013-12-05, 03:47 PM
As the group gets on their way, the sleepy-sounding girl draws a curve on their crude map, representing her proposed search pattern.

"We start at the Southwest corner, proceed East-northeast until we reach the river, and then head North alongside it. Any objections?"

Kymme
2013-12-05, 06:22 PM
It took about half an hour for Karth to return to the team. He did so with a bulging satchel under his arm and a fluttering joy in his heart. Adventure! And a chance to get out of this town, too!

-----------

Now, Karthage stands, watching as their lady companion makes a quick sketch on the map. She seems to know what she's doing. Better let her say her piece.

"Sounds like a plan, Miss... Actually, I don't think you introduced yourself." Karth reflects for a moment before tuning back to her, folding his arms once more. "What is your name, lady?"

Dr.Gunsforhands
2013-12-06, 09:08 PM
"Don't worry about it. You can keep calling me Miss if you want."

Karthage can't possibly have anything to say to that except to keep right on glaring at her.

"Sorry," she sighs. "I mean, I'd rather not say, if it's all the same to you. Which it isn't."

KiCowboy
2013-12-07, 02:11 AM
"Aye, fair 'nuff. Lil' Miss Sunshine it is!" The old dwarf chortles. "Though now we get down to the really tough question. . . Would yeh rather have wings or a tail? Me, ah'd go with a tail since ah dinnae think wings would do much good for me. Too much good living around the middle if'n yeh know what ah mean."

Feirgon
2013-12-09, 04:31 PM
The six hour walk passes uneventfully. Few leave the city in this direction as the farmers usually do their travelling in the morning (because they would rather avoid dusk and night travelling for obvious reasons).

As dusk approaches, so do the travelling four approach the southwest edge of the forest. There are no farm houses near the forest and the road that passes by it, only farm land. Based on the notice, the lizard attack happened nearby.

There is enough sunlight, about two hours left, to investigate the surrounding area.

Investigating uses Mind and takes one hour. If you are attacked/interrupted the Skill related to Mind will be reduced by however much was spent while investigating.

For example:
Character A has 3 Mind and decides to investigate using 2d6. In the middle of the investigation, he is attacked. His Reaction is tied to Mind therefore, his reaction dice pool will start the combat with 2 dice already exhausted.

Switch gets 6 bonus dice. Everyone else gets 1 bonus die.

Kymme
2013-12-10, 10:45 PM
"Aw, whatever. I'll just call you Miss. Feel free to tell me your name whenever you feel like it."

Karthage's grin grows wider and wider with every step away from Eldrim. When they arrive at the forest's edge the monk wheels around and claps his palms together. "So! We don't have much daylight left, but let's get to work." Then he sets off, blazing a trail for the others to follow.

I'll just spend the bonus Die. Best leave the investigatin' to the professionals.

Invurstergate: [roll0]

Dr.Gunsforhands
2013-12-11, 10:23 PM
I'm all in, this is worth it I think. Nine Dee Sicks!

[roll0]

"This is the place?"

Swtich paces along the side of the road, looking for signs of the struggle. Taking into account how many days ago it had happened, the prints may have eroded, but there might be some debris, and if it was an ambush...

She looks around quietly, deep in concentration.

Feirgon
2013-12-13, 03:50 PM
Karthage notices some nearby scorch marks and an obvious foot print of a large three-toed lizard heading north-east into the forest.

Switch is able to determine a lot more. She is first aware of the lack of blood around the attack. Either the lizard ate its victims whole, or whoever was attacked was able to fend off the creature. More details on the notice would have helped make this a bit clearer.

Secondly, the scorch mark was not made by fire. It looks more akin to acid or some chemical reaction.

Thirdly, based on the spacing of the prints, the creature is about the size of a wagon and has six legs. The only lizard known to have six legs is a basilisk. Basilisks are much smaller, comparable to a wolf or other large hound. However, these creatures do use acid to attack their prey.

Switch looks over the scorch mark again, but it is probably too small to be the fully dissolved remains of a humanoid. Probably.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2013-12-13, 05:37 PM
"Basilisk."

Switch indicates the oversized tracks. "It is really huge. Hippo-size-ish. They don't usually get that big, I don't think."

She spends a moment staring at that scorch mark. "Basilisks use their acid to soften prey up for digestion, so it could have licked up most of the evidence. You would think drenching a human would burn a wider area, though. A halfling, maybe, if it was tidy about it."

Kymme
2013-12-13, 07:30 PM
"Basilisk, yeah?" Karthage crouched low over the charred section of ground, prodding it gently with his fingers. He takes a glance across the clearing, eyes alert for any sign of a fight. "Weird..."

His eyes widen and the young monk stands back up. "Can't Basilisks turn people to stone? That would explain the lack of blood and bodies. Or am I thinking of Cockatrices?... Gorgons?" Karth drifts off, rubbing his temples.

Feirgon
2013-12-13, 08:04 PM
"Basilisk, yeah?" Karthage crouched low over the charred section of ground, prodding it gently with his fingers. He takes a glance across the clearing, eyes alert for any sign of a fight. "Weird..."

His eyes widen and the young monk stands back up. "Can't Basilisks turn people to stone? That would explain the lack of blood and bodies. Or am I thinking of Cockatrices?... Gorgons?" Karth drifts off, rubbing his temples.

Karthage is definitely confusing gorgons (multi-headed snakes) with basilisks. Though, both are scaly-lizard monsters that have a poisonous bite.

Feirgon
2014-01-09, 07:32 PM
Before the two could continue their trek into the woods (see? pretending like it was just these two the whole time!), three odd looking creatures appeared from the tree line.

They looked be the size of dogs, but each had six legs and a lot of mange. Though, after a moment or two of looking at them, the mange looked more like scales than skin.

Two of the dog-things charged forward while one seemed to stay back and watch.

Ok, everyone roll Reaction! Except switch, who spent all her reaction to investigate.

Dog1 [roll0]
Dog2 [roll1]
Dog3 [roll2]

Dog1 is in melee with Karthage
Dog2 is in melee with Switch
Everyone else at range from everyone else.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-01-10, 12:23 AM
"Yes, you have it backwards. Basilisks normally look more like this. Except they're not usually dogs, either."

After a cartoonish delay between commenting on the monsters and actually noticing them, Switch's eyes go uncharacteristically wide as she mutters some colloquialism for excrement under her breath.

Huh. Too bad base initiative only counts in the tie-breaker. Switch might just be dead here.

First action:

Attaaaaaaaaack! All dice + weapon strength, vs. dogasaurus #2.
[roll0]

Second action, if she even gets one:

Focus! Bring reaction back up in time for the next initiative roll.

Kymme
2014-01-10, 08:23 AM
"Oh. Well, that's cool."

Karthage drops into a low stance, flashing Switch a confident grin. The tiny spiderweb patters on his skin flash silver for a brief moment, as if they have become actual strands of metal silk.

Reaction: rolling three dice [roll0]

Kymme
2014-01-10, 09:06 AM
With a quick gesture the threads on Karthage's feet unwind and embed themselves in the ground around him, anchoring him to the earth. "Come at me, mongrels! Bring it!"

Can I roll anything to taunt them? If so, that'd be sweet.

Rolling Defend: [roll0]

Feirgon
2014-01-10, 04:15 PM
As the first creature approaches Switch, it takes a precise cut along a major artery. It blood squirts out violently, but it is still able to complete it's lunging attack.

The second creature bites at the defensive monk.

Dog1 Attacking Karthage [roll0]
Dog2 Attacking Switch [roll1]
It is immediately obvious that Dog2 is nearly dead.

Dog3 Continues to watch from a distance.

Kymme
2014-01-10, 05:04 PM
Karthage grins as the monster dog's jaws snap around his steel-threaded palm. He stifles a chuckle as tiny cracks appear on the hound's front canines.

"My turn."

Then he rips his forearm from the creature's maw, tearing his skin in a few places, and leans back to plant a solid silvery kick right in the hound's face.

Well, that Defend worked out pretty well.

HP: 21/22

Attack!: [roll0]

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-01-10, 11:22 PM
Switch's scalpel leaves an inky aura behind as it tears up the veins in the beast's front shoulder, but it's not enough to bring it down. The ex-dog easily pins her to the ground with its other five legs.

She stares into the slathering monster's eyes, considering whether she could quickly finish it off from this position... but were she to try, that other suspicious mutt would probably be right on top of her. No, she needs to get back on her feet as quickly as possible.

She elbows the monster's damaged leg to throw it off-balance and reverse-somersaults back to a standing position, throwing off her robe in the process. She should have an easier time moving around now.

Switch is revealed to be wearing mostly dark grey, including a pair of high-heeled boots that zip up past her knees.

Recovering as many reaction dice as her Focus action will allow.

Feirgon
2014-01-13, 05:16 PM
The creature on Karthage doubles back from the strike. It then circles left and swipes a clawed paw to return the favor.

Paw Attack: [roll0]

The creature attacking Switch moves out of range from her deadly blade and begins licking its wounds. The creature that stayed back, notices an opening in the rogue's defense and goes in for a strike.

Lick Wounds: [roll1]
Lunge Attack: [roll2]

Kymme
2014-01-13, 06:58 PM
Karthage tries to dodge the mutt's claws but they gouge deep furrows down his chest. The monk grunts in pain and staggers back, spinning his arms furiously to avoid falling.

"Okay, that tears it! Forests! SUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!"

HP: 16/22

Focus! [roll0]

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-01-13, 07:44 PM
Reaction (if we're re-rolling initiative) : [roll0]

"Tag-team tactics. Huh."

Having regained her composure, Switch disrupts the animals' pack-hunting strategy by leaping at the pair of them as they go about changing places, hoping to finish off the weakened one in the process. She then bolts away, noting that the dogs don't seem to projectile-vomit like the lizards they were apparently crossed with.

Let's try some AoE, shall we?

Pursuit dice, if necessary: [roll1]

Attacks:
Vs. the already-injured one:[roll2]
Vs. the one that stood around staring for a while: [roll3]

Escape dice (add Pursuit result if I didn't need to chase anything for the attack): [roll4]

Her second action for the round will be to focus up again, which is awesome now that I know she can usually charge up both of her favorite dice pools in one action.

Feirgon
2014-01-14, 07:06 PM
Switches strike hits a vital organ and the creature falls to the ground.

The creature fighting Karthage gives a low growl as it circles around. And then lunges forward with another bite.

First Action - Focus: [roll0]
Second Action - Lunge: [roll1] (I will adjust this amount if the focus is less than three)

After licking its wounds, the creature attempts to follow Switch but can only growl as she evades it.

Pursue: [roll2]
Focus: [roll3]

As a note, Switch still has 1 die in her attack pool since she only rolled 8 (initially having paid one to attack multiple targets).

Feirgon
2014-01-14, 07:11 PM
The creature chasing Switch continues to growl at her.

Focus: [roll0]

Forgot to roll my new reaction for next round!
Creature fighting Karthage: [roll1]

Creature chasing Switch: [roll2]

Kymme
2014-01-14, 07:27 PM
Karthage stumbles backwards, reeling from the mutt's savage attack. His hands close into tight fists and the myriad of lines on his skin flash silver. Then they start to writhe, gathering together in a dense mesh on his chest and arms. The monk assumes a low stance, arms raised like a boxer.

HP: 8/22

Defense: [roll0]

Reaction for next round: [roll1]

Feirgon
2014-01-22, 03:15 PM
Oops. I thought this was the OOC...

As a note: Switch will need to spend a move action to get in range of her pursuer.

Also, could you guys include your hp and dice pool totals in spoilers during combat? Something like this:

HP x/X
Attack x/X
Defend x/X
Reaction x/X
Spell1 x/X
Spell2, etc.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-01-22, 10:03 PM
Switch slows down and allows the creature to catch up with her. She hunches over and limps, which to a dog should signal that she's wearing herself out.

As she hears the growling creature draw close, she quickly proves the opposite is true.

Using all 9 attack dice. Again. The dog doesn't seem to be interested in evading, so I guess it's just regular non-effort-taking movement?

[roll0]

Attack: 0 (+5 weapon strength)
Reaction: 9
Defense: 1
Thing That Hasn't Come Up Yet: 1

Kymme
2014-01-25, 11:28 PM
Karthage keeps his hands raised, fists closed tightly and ready to intercept any incoming attacks.

HP: 8/22, 12 Defense Temp HP

FOCUS: [roll0]

Feirgon
2014-01-26, 12:38 AM
The creature chasing after Switch falls lifelessly to the ground.

The other creature's paw meets Karthage's defense.

last creature Paw Attack: [roll0]

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-01-26, 09:26 PM
Switch stands over the slain lizardwolf's corpse and turns her attention to the monk's duel. She flicks a bit of caustic viscera off of her blade and prepares for one more deadly attack.

Focusing up again. [roll0]

HP 20/30
(Focus: 8d6)
Attack(mind): 9/9
Speed(body): 9/9
Defense(spirit): 1/1
Healing(?): 1/1