PDA

View Full Version : Razanir (potentially) watches Star Wars

Razanir
2013-12-02, 04:12 PM
I've always preferred Lord of the Rings and fantasy to Star Wars and sci fi. (Please, no debates on what genre Star Wars is) I can appreciate them as movies, but I just don't care very much for the plot of Star Wars. BUT after reading some raving reviews of the Machete Order (IV-V-II-III-VI), I've decided to give them another chance. And I figured that if I did, I may as well to a "X watches Y" thread.

Hiro Protagonest
2013-12-02, 05:52 PM
I've always preferred Lord of the Rings and fantasy to Star Wars and sci fi. (Please, no debates on what genre Star Wars is)

Gotcha. So it's agreed that Star Wars is fantasy IN SPACE!

the_druid_droid
2013-12-02, 05:53 PM
Sounds pretty interesting, since I'm a fairly rabid LW fan (at least when I've seen the series myself), but what format are you thinking of?

One post per movie seems like it might run the risk of compressing things too much, but I don't know if there's a logical breaking point within each of the movies you could stop on. Or were you thinking more along the lines of watching one, and then sort of filtering out your thoughts on it over a day or two afterwards?

Darth Credence
2013-12-02, 05:54 PM
Enjoy, Razanir, and I think that the machete order is the way to go. But, that still starts with Star Wars, so if you don't like that one it may not help you.

Razanir
2013-12-02, 06:05 PM
Wasn't really sure of the format. It'll probably be write a few posts over the course of a day or two after each movie.

And I'm not worried about wanting to stop after one movie. I've seen the original trilogy before. It's how I know I didn't find the plot as compelling as I would have liked. And even then, I can still appreciate them as movies; it's really just that the plot wasn't my cup of tea. My goal with this is to see if the machete order makes me like the story more.