PDA

View Full Version : Trog's tavern CXXXVI

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 05:18 PM
((If you guys don't want my help please just tell me to sod off, so I can explore the town a bit more ;) ))

Rebonack
2007-01-14, 05:19 PM
Regiji gives Catherine an odd look.

"I take it your scouter there mentioned something hilarious?"

"Yay! Destro still loves me!" the probe enthuses as it zips over to Destro. "... and a rat and a rat hole and some rat poo and some bar stools and some tables and some chairs and a door and some floor boards and some window panes and some bottles of diluted ethanol and Clovis' secret stash of naked nymph pictures and a pie and some string and..."

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 05:22 PM
Catherine takes off the SEER system, still laughing about the ridiculousness of her entire situation. It says- things may be a bit unstable. Though I'd be more inclined to say I was unstable.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 05:23 PM
Destro grins widely, and laughs when the probe mentions the stash of pictures. He somehow manages to endure the probe's neverending happiness, too.

Fenric
2007-01-14, 05:23 PM
(( It's not actually up to me: both characters in question are Hoseki's. I certainly don't mind if you throw your two cents in. I had an unfortunately timed phone call that made timing awkward. ))

Krystal bows apologetically to Tinderhall.

Sorry. Didn't mean to talk around you...

The Mundane spell is specifically designed to terminate everything that isn't... mundane. Um... it might be a bit much.

She frowns

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 05:27 PM
((I take it you mean me by Timberlinn, I am Tinderhall ;) ))

"I am well aware of the spell, though I still have problems wrapping my head over the exact working off that spell, seeing how it's existance is impossible due to the spell itself not being "mundane" which means it can't exist, but if it does not exist it can be cast, but a discussion on paradox's within the art of magic can wait untill another time"

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 05:28 PM
Something that sounded close to an explosion suddenly occurred outside, shaking the world around it violently. The horrible earthquake from nowhere lasted only a few seconds. After everything died down, a man stepped inside.

"Is this a bar?" The man asked.

wxdruid
2007-01-14, 05:30 PM
Yes, as Cassandra wonders what caused the ground to shake

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 05:32 PM
"Kickass!" He said, ordering whatever drink was strongest.

wxdruid
2007-01-14, 05:33 PM
Cassandra raises one eyebrow and starts to draw him.

Rebonack
2007-01-14, 05:34 PM
"Sounds like a reasonable description of things in general around here," Regiji responds with a chuckle. "You aren't crazy Beckett. The Town in general certainly is, but you're one of the least insane persons I've run across thus far."

"...and a spider and some dead flies and a were-fox and a lich and some peanuts and forty two billion nine hundred and thirty six million two hundred and twenty eight thousand seven hundred and twelve motes of dust!" the probe concludes. It sounds very pleased with itself.

Hoseki
2007-01-14, 05:36 PM
((I have no problem with him butting in- Hoseki just has thing about people who seem obsessed with payment.))

"Or it may do nothing- the plane itself is not magical, not a completely mundane phenomenon."

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 05:37 PM
So I am a sane woman stuck in an insane world. Great. Whats there to do in this place, anyways?

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 05:38 PM
Good for you! Destro grins. He has decided that the probe is almost certainly the greatest thing since sliced bread. How many peanuts were there? He breaks off from his conversation with the probe long enough to say You're certainly a great deal more sane than me, to Catherine. And there's quite a lot to do here. Most of it involves a great deal of drinking. He adds as an afterthought.

Gamerofthegame
2007-01-14, 05:42 PM
The redheaded Hin from Eberron steps in, glancing around the tavern before making her way over to a empty table, ordering a glass of rootbeer from a passing waitress and taking it when a waitress deleivers it moments later, smiling softly and giving her a wink before sipping it, glancing over the tavern and mumbling softly, "Right... All I need is that Llama now..."

Timberwolf
2007-01-14, 05:42 PM
Nightstar wanders in with an enormous grin plastered all over her tiny face. She strolls up to the bar and declares.

"I'm in a good mood, somethings worked, who wants a drink ?"

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 05:43 PM
So I am a sane woman stuck in an insane world. Great. Whats there to do in this place, anyways?
((The only sane person in an insane world is the only insane person in a sane world))

The man begins gulping down the DLB he is handed with much gusto. The people behind the fourth wall secretly hope that he can hold his alcohol as good as he claims he can.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 05:47 PM
((Alright then))

"Then if I may, let me explain, the fundamental planes are just that, fundamental no magic can extingiush any of their power or one might risk destroying everything and I think no one wants that. Now the plane of Chaos is a very odd thing, there are no laws and even the law that there are no laws is flawed, some might form out of nowhere to be broken, as such it is a very dangerous energy to temper with as you have already noticed. However there is a way to succesfully channel it, the soul. The soul is created from all energy's and has found a balance between it and thusly is capable of mastering any energy, this is why they are in such high demand. Powerfull spells destroy the soul, however in this case it is not needed. What is needed is a one way to gate to the chaos plane and a soul capable of focusing such energy's, normally a being who can command the energy's like this is a deity, but since your friend is infused with this energy it should be possible to channel it with that soul. I can supply the gate if you wish and focus your friends soul, however this means I must trap it first and then use it as a focus. I can understand you might not be willing to entrust me with this, so if you wish I can teach this to someone you do trust, but that will take a lot of time where I can do it right now and it will be done in no time at all. Now there is a risk however, if I entrap the soul whithout your friends cosent, I will have to destroy it in the process, now I will offcourse not do this, but if your friend has any doubts about this iut might affect the process and be possibly harmfull to the soul. The only way I can promise this will not happen is when I temporarily disable your friends mind and again this will require your trust in me or extra training to a third"

The_Librarian
2007-01-14, 05:52 PM
((The_Librarian's player looks around suspiciously and glares at RL. "Give me an uninterrupted hour, I beg you!" she cries. But RL frowns and says "Don't count on it, babe."))

The Librarian and Greeny return to the tavern after an afternoon of mysterious errands. They do the usual drill - Greeny finds a warm, comfy spot by the fireplace, and the librarian heads to the bar to order a hot chocolate and a glass of Xorn Zinfandel.

Fenric
2007-01-14, 05:56 PM
(( Reasonably close to what I play by. cool. ))

Krystal blinks

Wow.

Shadow
2007-01-14, 05:58 PM
Shadow comes downstairs curious as to what sort of nonsense is occurring in the tavern today.

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 05:59 PM
The man burps rather loudly after finishing his drink, setting it on the table. He begins rocking back and forth in his chair.

"Wheeeee!"

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 06:00 PM
"I certainly did not lie when I told you a know a lot about magic, please take your time to understand this, it is information usually only known by the highest of deity's and I did a lot to gain it"

The mouth of the skull on his left open's it's mouth, "YOU HAVE NO IDEAR HOW MUCH HE DID AND IF YOU WERE WISE YOU WON'T ASK, ME AND MY BROTHER TO THE RIGHT DID AND YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENED TO US"

"Silence, you fate was kind compared to what would've happened had I not reformed you"

Timberwolf
2007-01-14, 06:01 PM
"Hey, the person who just came in who's name I don't know yet (Shadow), want a drink ? I'm buying because things went right today."

Shadow
2007-01-14, 06:02 PM
Absolutely. And my thanks. I am called Shadow. And yourself?

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 06:02 PM
Destro looks over at the guy rocking his chair. Someone clearly did not believe the drink menu. He downs his DLB.

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 06:03 PM
Catherine looks at the varied, strange patrons and gives a hopeless sigh.

Timberwolf
2007-01-14, 06:03 PM
"I'm Nightstar, what'll it be ?"

She collars Cosmo the barman

wxdruid
2007-01-14, 06:04 PM
Cassandra chuckles and finishes her funky llama.

The_Librarian
2007-01-14, 06:05 PM
Catherine looks at the varied, strange patrons and gives a hopeless sigh.

"You all right there?" the librarian asks.

Shadow
2007-01-14, 06:05 PM
Cormyrian fireamber. Thank you again, Nightstar. What has gone right for you today?

Rebonack
2007-01-14, 06:06 PM
Regiji pulls out what appears to be a note-pad and a small stylus. He begins writing on it while humming to himself.

"Eight hundred twenty fo- three!" the probe responds.

Fenric
2007-01-14, 06:06 PM
Krystal smiles

My family originated in the Iron Woods, and thence to one of the nine worlds of Hel. After that, they moved to Ravenloft. We have very nearly tewnty thousand years of study into the mechanics of magic behind us, as well as the shards of the gem... (( and both a distrust and paranoia about psionics ))

Krystal looks whistful

I didn't get to see the shards.

She shakes her head

Well, Hoseki? What do you think is best?

Timberwolf
2007-01-14, 06:08 PM
Nightstar orders the drinks, pays and says to Shadow

"A little bit of science went well, all I need to complete whether or not a theory on the nature of shadows of mine actually works or not is a few specially cut stones which I'm hoping the Omnishop has and Alarra's gems will be able to cut for me."

Cosmo turns up with the drinks and stalks off sulkily.

Shadow
2007-01-14, 06:10 PM
I have heard rumors of a mine currently being excavated in the area. Shouldn't you look for the stones there first?

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 06:11 PM
Catherine looks over at Libris, cheered at hearing a friendly voice, but then sees who is talking to her. She puts a hand on her head and shakes it, then becomes determined to ignore the wings and other strange features of this person. Not really.

Timberwolf
2007-01-14, 06:13 PM
"Are there black opals and black diamonds being dug up there because that's what I need to test this with."

Nevrmore
The man looks around drunkedly, before seeing a platform for musicians.

"Oooh! Ooh! That's me!" He says, seeing a sign that says "Bards Welcome." He stumbles up the small stairs and gets on the stage, pulling the guitar from his back.

"Okay...okay...I call this one...uhm..." The man tries to think of a song he wants to sing, "Megalomania." He says, and starts playing a hard rock song very foreign to the fantasy settings of The World. Luckily, he's too drunk to use any magic, or else his song would make everyone within earshot without a good will save become insane with illusions of grandeur.

Destro_Yersul
Well, that's very interesting. Say, I've got a list of things I need found. Care to find them for me? Destro finds a piece of paper behind a molecule and shows it to the probe. On it is written

Sulfer
Realgar
Saltpeter
Lye

Lykan
2007-01-14, 06:14 PM
Demetrius rolls out from under the table, groaning

The_Librarian
((Her eyes are still a human brown, if that helps. And she's only slightly scaley.))

"What's wrong?" the librarian asks, taking a sip of her wine and putting the mug down on the floor beside Greeny. "You're new here, right? I'm Libris, and this is Greeny." The wolf is too busy lapping up hot chocolate to speak.

Shadow
I'm not sure what they're mining to tell the truth. Would you bcare to take a walk and find out? I can guide you there in thanks for the drink.

Timberwolf
2007-01-14, 06:17 PM
"Normally I'd love to but I must leave soon unfortunately, there is much to do tomorrow."

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 06:18 PM
Yes, I'm new. Very... new... Catherine's eyes float over the patrons as she tries to keep her sanity. She shakes her head again. Catherine Beckett. You can call me Beckett.

Lykan
2007-01-14, 06:19 PM
Demetrius crawls out from under the table and over to the bar, groaning some more. He orders some hot chocolate.

Shadow
Another time then? I was hoping to explore there soon, as there is something I search for as well.

Just then Shadow notices Destro in the tavern and glares angrily at him from across the room.

Fenric
(( looks like we lost Hoseki... oh well ))

Krystal orders a Martini. She looks at Shadow

"cute silver dragon". hmm...

wxdruid
2007-01-14, 06:20 PM
Cassandra decides she is tired of the noise and heads upstairs.

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 06:21 PM
"Whoooo!!" The man shouts as he finishes the song, slamming his guitar onto the floor. The guitar is strangely unscathed. "Play Freebird!!" He shouts, stumbling and falling off the stage with a thud.

The_Librarian
2007-01-14, 06:21 PM
"Nice to meet you Beckett." The librarian sees the lost look on Beckett's face and looks sympathetic. "I'm guessing home wasn't this varied, huh?" she says.

Greeny looks at Demetrius and stops lapping hot chocolate. Unlike Kratos, Greeny can keep his muzzle clean while drinking, and so looks at him with a clean face.

"'lo, boy."

Timberwolf
2007-01-14, 06:22 PM
"Good evening then Shadow, nice to have met you."

Nightstar exits the bar and her PC goes to bed.

Gamerofthegame
2007-01-14, 06:22 PM
(( Damn phone.))

Glances around the room after finishing her rootbeer, raising a brow. ... These people are worse then... Well... Anything... Giving a soft sigh, she spots Destro, smiling softly to herself before walking over to the man, trying to get his attention, "Excuse me... Er.. Destro, was it?"

Lykan
2007-01-14, 06:23 PM
Deme grins at the wolf

Evening, Mr. Greeny.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 06:24 PM
Tinderhall sees Hoseki needs more time to decide and gives a scroll to Krystal, "When you cast this scroll it will allow me to teleport to you, if Hoseki comes to a decision please do so and I will help any way I can, now if I may ask, is there any shop that can sell me magical items and large amounts of golems?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 06:24 PM
Destro looks down at Kerigan, but only because she's short. That's me, what abou- He does a double take. Holy crap. You're back!

The_Librarian
2007-01-14, 06:25 PM
"Care to furnish us with a name and a story? Like who you are and how you came to be here?" the wolf asks Demetrius.

AmberVael
Not at all... I feel like I fell into a fairytale or something. Catherine tightens the glove-like MAGE system on her hand.

Rebonack
"Oh! I can find that!" the probe says brightly. "There's a bunch of the first one in everyone in the tavern!" it bounces around happily while relaying this information. "I'll go find some of the other stuff!"

It then zips out the door which was conveniently left open.

Regiji continues writing on his note pad. He glances up and gives Libris a friendly wave.

Gamerofthegame
2007-01-14, 06:26 PM
The halfling grins slightly at the reaction, nodding a bit, "Yes I am. Now then, I need to know where a certain talking Llama is..."

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 06:26 PM
The man sits up, supporting his back against the stage. He sets the guitar on his lap. He begins strumming on it lightly, a little too drunk to do anything else.

"Doesh you haff any requeshts?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 06:27 PM
I don't know where he is, actually. Why do you need to find him?

Shadow
2007-01-14, 06:28 PM
Shadow sneers at the guitar playing fop and says I have a request. Stop that horrible racket!

The_Librarian
2007-01-14, 06:28 PM
Not at all... I feel like I fell into a fairytale or something. Catherine tightens the glove-like MAGE system on her hand.

"A fairytale? I suppose we have our share of dark forests, palaces in the sky and dragons... but as in all real fairytales, the meanings behind it all are often much darker than they first appear. I'm a librarian," she adds. "And a paladin. I advise you to cherish the beauty of this place wherever you find it. There's a lot of good people here."

Fenric
2007-01-14, 06:29 PM
Krystal takes the scroll from Tinderhall with a clumsy attempt at a bow

Thanks. The Omni Shop is the best, bar none. I'd enjoy chatting with you more, as well. There arent that many folks around here actually interested in the mechanics of magic.

(( Kerrigan! Sweet! ))

Nevrmore
The man looks at Shadow and thinks for a moment "Shorry, I don'tsh know that one."

Gamerofthegame
Kerigan gives a soft hmph, nodding softly with a sigh, drumming her metalic fingers on her theigh, "I need to... Uh... inquire a certain service only he can preform..." Dieing, namely. "To save a world."

Lykan
"Care to furnish us with a name and a story? Like who you are and how you came to be here?" the wolf asks Demetrius.

Demetrius bites his lip. Well... Crazy story... I'm from the future.

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 06:30 PM
I feel like I'm going crazy. Catherine holds her head between her hands. I don't understand half the things I see hee.

Kyrian
2007-01-14, 06:31 PM
He's a demigod now. A random NPC says.

Shadow
2007-01-14, 06:32 PM
You don't know that one? Let me teach it to you...

Shadow casts Silence at the drunk.

The_Librarian
"What have you seen that you don't understand?" the librarian asks.

"Are you now? Funny that, me and Kyrian first became friends after a similar conversation. You'll find I'm not an easy wolf to weird out," he says to Demetrius. "But why come here, boy?"

Deus Mortus
"A shame, but I think we will get a long just fine, I will make sure to invite you to my home when it is finished, I can teach you a few things and you perhaps can teach me a few things as well, but now I must take my leave to start the preperations for the building of my new home, if you wish to contact me, copy that scroll to your spellbook and I will come as fast as I can", Tinderhall gives Krystal a courtious bow and leaves the tavern.

((Just PM me with a link where you use that spell and I'll show up))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-14, 06:34 PM
(good to see ya back, Kerrigan. I'm pretty much not here right now, till Monday, as I've got company over.)

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 06:35 PM
THe man, familiar with how Silence works, begins playing another song.

"Don't Shtop the Rock." He sings, dispelling the...spell.

Gamerofthegame
((Mm... Alrighty, Gives me a day to hunt down the Llama and come back to the town...))

Destro_Yersul
Well last I saw him was at the temple of Inari. That's all I know.

Lykan
2007-01-14, 06:36 PM
"What have you seen that you don't understand?" the librarian asks.

"Are you now? Funny that, me and Kyrian first became friends after a similar conversation. You'll find I'm not an easy wolf to weird out," he says to Demetrius. "But why come here, boy?"

Demetrius grins. Well... My sister got sent here by accident, and me and my brother came after her. He takes a sip of the cocoa. My dad gave us some botched orders on purpose, apperently.

Gamerofthegame
2007-01-14, 06:37 PM
Kerigan nods again, giving Destro a smile, "Thankee, mate... I'm off. Cya later." Or not... I get to go home after that Llama is dead... With that, she walks out of the tavern, smiling softly to herself.

Shadow
2007-01-14, 06:37 PM
Infernal Bards...
Shadow mumbles and grumbles himself out the front doors.

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 06:39 PM
Well lets see, Mr. Not-alive-but-still-walking who randomly makes trout appear- She points at Destro. Oh, and then there are the people with wings, and then all the crazy energy fluctuation going on all the time, and thats just a few things! The SEER system picks up a strange signal from the Silenced area and beeps again, and Catherine glares at the SEER headset on her table.

The_Librarian
Demetrius grins. Well... My sister got sent here by accident, and me and my brother came after her. He takes a sip of the cocoa. My dad gave us some botched orders on purpose, apperently.

"Sounds like quite a twisted sort of thing to do. Why'd he do that? And did you find your sister?"

The librarian looks slightly hurt for a moment.

"Yes, well... I suppose it would be strange at first. But you'll get used to it." And who knows around here... maybe you'll end up with wings of your own, she adds to herself silently. "Well, good luck." She moves to join Greeny and Demetrius.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
(he's meandering at Inari's right now, studying enchanted pillows.)

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 06:41 PM
And drinks. And papers. And in fact a good deal of other things. Destro waves to Kerigan and glares at Shadow's back. The trout that his DLB glass turned into earlier swims over to Catherine and blows a stream of bubbles at her.

((^: which reminds me. What did you think of that? I found it amusing))

Fenric
2007-01-14, 06:41 PM
Krystal nods

Sounds good. See you around

(( Will do. ))

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 06:43 PM
The man grins a bit as he hears Beckett's complaining. "Come on, baby," He says, "You gotta Keep the Faith" He says, seguing into another song called, appropriately, Keep the Faith.

Lykan
2007-01-14, 06:43 PM
"Sounds like quite a twisted sort of thing to do. Why'd he do that? And did you find your sister?"

Hiko grins. No no, it was actually for quite good intentions... You see... My mom died about the same time I was born... So me and my brother never really got to know her that much. By coming back here again, we can all be a family. It's great!

He pauses, then adds

Yeah, we found her.

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 06:44 PM
Catherine's eye twitches as the man begins playing the song, and a small red light on her MAGE system suddenly turns green. System active.

The_Librarian
2007-01-14, 06:45 PM
Greeny smiles.

"That's kinda sweet kid. Sorry to hear about your mum. So, she's in our time, huh? Who is she?"

The librarian sits down in a chair near the fireplace.

Lykan
2007-01-14, 06:47 PM
Demetrius sighs, taking another sip of his cocoa

Her name was Mhina. She's one of the most wonderful people I know.

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 06:49 PM
The man's song, when heard by anyone with a lousy will save or who is purposely letting the effects take hold of them, makes them feel more faithful to whatever they are thinking about at that moment.

wxdruid
2007-01-14, 06:50 PM
Alena walks in, her wings tightly folded against her back. She finds a stool at the bar. When she hears the music she mentally groans in pain from the singing.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 06:50 PM
The trout is undettered by Catherine's lack of reaction to it. It blows more bubbles at her. Destro decides he should challenge the bard to a drinking contest. Hey! You! Guy with the guitar!

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 06:51 PM
"Hey man, hey! Show some respect!" The man says, "Its name is Atom Heart." He says, rubbing his guitar lovingly.

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 06:51 PM
Suddenly the air around the trout turns blazingly hot as Catherine glares at it. The green light on the MAGE system blinks from green to black slowly.

Deadly
2007-01-14, 06:52 PM
Deadly appears in a hellish swirl of smoke and black flames, eating a muffin and humming to himself. He hops up on a chair and orders a glass of wine.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-14, 06:52 PM
Alex walks in and scoots to Alena's side "If you want I can cast silence on him..."

The_Librarian
2007-01-14, 06:54 PM
"Your mother was Mhina?!" Greeny barks in shock. "So that's... that's at least three kids she'll have and... how far ahead is this? Can't we warn medics and healers to look after her?"

The librarian looks at Greeny in utter confusion.

"What are you talking about?"

"The boy's from the future, Libris. He's Mhina's kid, 'cept he never knew her. She died in childbirth."

"Oh no! But Greeny's right, now we've been warned..."

Destro_Yersul
Well I didn't know that, now did I? Destro grins. Anyways, I have a challenge for you. The trout is somewhat surprised by the sudden change in temperature. It reverts back into being a shot glass and clatters to the table.

Nevrmore
Alex walks in and scoots to Alena's side "If you want I can cast silence on him..."
((Ask Shadow how well that worked on him last time :smallwink:))

The man looks up, now interested, "Challenge?? Like a Battle of the Bandsh??"

Lykan
2007-01-14, 06:55 PM
Demetrius bites his lip, shrinking slightly. She didn't die at childbirth... She died of unknown causes...

wxdruid
2007-01-14, 06:56 PM
To Alex You can try....

The_Librarian
2007-01-14, 06:57 PM
"What unknown causes? Can't we protect her?" the librarian asks. "And Lykan... Lykan wouldn't leave her side, surely!"

AmberVael
Catherine directs her highly annoyed eyes to the guitarist, and points a finger at his guitar. Forces from within the guitar and without the guitar suddenly try to crush it and break it in many, many ways.

Destro_Yersul
Something like that. Care for a drinking contest? Any drink on the menu. Take your pick. The shot glass in front of Catherine turns a baleful eye on her and blows a couple bubbles.

darnin
2007-01-14, 06:58 PM
Darnin snaps out of his dream-like state and orders some beer.

Deadly
2007-01-14, 06:59 PM
Deadly sips his wine and looks around the tavern.

Lykan
2007-01-14, 06:59 PM
"What unknown causes? Can't we protect her?" the librarian asks. "And Lykan... Lykan wouldn't leave her side, surely!"

Demetrius frowns, looking away.

He didn't.

He looks like he's on the verge of tears

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 07:00 PM
The guitar vibrates a bit, glowing a pink-ish color. Nothing else happens to it.

"Oooh! I'm good at drinking conteshtsh!" The man says, completely oblivious to how drunk he is right now. "Hmm...but I don't know what kindsh of drinksh they have here..."

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 07:00 PM
Catherine smacks the shotglass aside and stalks out the door.

Fenric
2007-01-14, 07:01 PM
Krystal sighs, apparently having lost Tinderhall to the water as well as Hoseki.

One martini, please. Grey Griffin, not too dry, straight up, twist of lemon.

The_Librarian
2007-01-14, 07:02 PM
The librarian stops her questions abruptly.

"I'm sorry... a friend of mine was hurt badly recently, and I didn't understand and... I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked so many questions." The librarian hangs her head.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-14, 07:02 PM
Alex looks at the guitarist, and his eyes narrow. He casts silence at him, and only effecting him.

((oh, cast by a God by the way...))

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 07:03 PM
Alex looks at the guitarist, and his eyes narrow. He casts silence at him, and only effecting him.

((oh, cast by a God by the way...))
((A god named Alex? Pah, I don't believe it!))

Deadly
2007-01-14, 07:03 PM
Deadly starts manifesting... muffins. He takes each muffin as they appear from nowhere and eats them.

Lykan
2007-01-14, 07:04 PM
Demetrius looks back up at her, sighing.

It's alright... It's just a touchy subject, is all...

He looks back up at her and smiles

... You're Libris?

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 07:04 PM
The Mai Tais are good. I'd suggest fireamber, but wine isn't really drinking contest material. Why don't you take a look at the menu? Destro picks a menu up off the bar and it floats over to the bard.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-14, 07:05 PM
((A god named Alex? Pah, I don't believe it!))

((His father named him. He's crap at thinking of decent names))

The_Librarian
2007-01-14, 07:08 PM
The librarian nods.

"Greeny's introduced me, then?" she says, smiling. "I'm one of them. The one also referred to as the librarian."

Lykan
2007-01-14, 07:09 PM
Demetrius grins. How much would you want to know about your future? As far as I can tell, it's a good one.

wxdruid
2007-01-14, 07:11 PM
Alena waits to see if the so called bard is silenced.

The_Librarian
2007-01-14, 07:11 PM
The librarian grins.

"Well, that would probably do me," she says, but she looks thoughtful. "How many years ahead are we talking here?"

"Am I there?" Greeny pipes up. "Kyrian never mentioned seeing me in his future."

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 07:12 PM
The man takes a look at the menu, amazed at how many choices there are. He finally decides and opens his mouth. No words come out. Angrily, he tries to dispel the Silence with another Don't Stop the Rock, but this one seems too powerful for him.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 07:14 PM
Destro sighs and informs the universe that he doesn't want that particular part of the Tavern silenced at this time. The Universe informs him there isn't really anything it can do, and would he please try back later? Destro spends the next minute or so angrily informing the universe of exactly what he will do to it if it doesn't find some way of making the silence go away.

((Your call Alex))

Lykan
2007-01-14, 07:16 PM
Demetrius grins.

Fifty years, miss...

He turns to Greeny.

You are, Mr. Greeny... Grizzled gray, but you're alive...

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-14, 07:17 PM
((If it's just Destro, the silence doesn't go away. If it's the universe, it goes away))

Kyrian
2007-01-14, 07:18 PM
((*sigh* see, *points to Lykan's post* this is why I also said Kyr's from a different dimension...))

Fenric
2007-01-14, 07:19 PM
Krystal looks at her drink and realizes that she shouldn't drink it. She sighs, pays, and leaves.

Destro_Yersul
((Well, he did ask the Universe, so...))

The_Librarian
"Fifty years..." the librarian says, sitting back in her chair and stroking Greeny's ears fondly. "Guess we make it to retirement together, wolf."

"Sure... like you'd ever retire and settle down with cubs of your own." The librarian shudders.

"They're not cubs. They're kids, kiddies, children... but not cubs."

((Sorry Ky... I blame the fact that Greeny is a wolf - physics is not his strong point))

wxdruid
2007-01-14, 07:20 PM
Alena smiles over at Alex, I'm a little thirsty, would you mind getting me a glass of wine?

Deadly
2007-01-14, 07:21 PM
Deadly starts to juggle a few muffins.

Lykan
2007-01-14, 07:24 PM
Demetrius grins. Spikey headed silver dragon-like children...

Alex Shipmaster
((*sigh* see, *points to Lykan's post* this is why I also said Kyr's from a different dimension...))

((If Kyrian's from another dimension, then how can El J and Alarra be his parents? I don't understand this, please get back to your dimensions for the sake of my sanity :smalltongue: ))

Alex nods at Alena "Of course" he turns to Cosmo "A glass of wine and my usual please" he pays the grumbling gnome when the drinks arrive

The_Librarian
Greeny watches the muffins hungrily.

The librarian smirks.

"Ha, yeah. The wolf's right..." she hesitates. "That was just, you know, hypothetical, right? About the children?"

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 07:25 PM
The man's voice suddenly returns, "THEN I'LL SHTOMP YOUR DAMN COLON ON THE SHIDEWALKSH!!!" He says, not realizing his vocal chords could once again vibrate.

Deadly
2007-01-14, 07:26 PM
Deadly notices the look of Greeny and smiles. He throws a few of the muffins in the wolfs direction and summons a few new to juggle

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 07:27 PM
Destro raises his eyebrow. I don't believe that's actually a drink here. He grins, making it perfectly clear that he knew exactly why the man said that.

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 07:29 PM
"Oh Yeahsh" The man says, remembering what he was doing, "Let'sh drink RRMsh"

The_Librarian
2007-01-14, 07:29 PM
Greeny leaps up and swallows each one as it is thrown. He grins at Deadly.

"Cheers!"

wxdruid
2007-01-14, 07:30 PM
Alena sighs and sips her wine.

Lykan
Greeny watches the muffins hungrily.

The librarian smirks.

"Ha, yeah. The wolf's right..." she hesitates. "That was just, you know, hypothetical, right? About the children?"

He shakes his head.

Nope.

Alex Shipmaster
Alex sighs "Sorry Alena, apparently the universe wants him to "sing"..."

Deadly
2007-01-14, 07:31 PM
Deadly grins and lifts his glass at Greeny.

The_Librarian
2007-01-14, 07:32 PM
He shakes his head.

Nope.

The librarian shakes her head.

"I... well... I think you're mistaken. I mean, there's plenty of Librises about and I'm not the settling down kind, and I really wouldn't, I've invested in magic and... with who?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 07:33 PM
Sure. Cosmo! Round of Rail Mixers for the bard and I! Cosmo glares at Destro, who has an extraordinarily large tab, and mixes the drinks.

wxdruid
2007-01-14, 07:34 PM
I think I'll retire early, I really don't care to be around drunk people.

Lykan
2007-01-14, 07:36 PM
The librarian shakes her head.

"I... well... I think you're mistaken. I mean, there's plenty of Librises about and I'm not the settling down kind, and I really wouldn't, I've invested in magic and... with who?"

He shrugs.

All I know is you're her mum.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-14, 07:38 PM
Alex nods "You sure?"

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 07:38 PM
The man takes the drink in hand, staring into it. "Okay...Firsht to passh out winsh?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 07:39 PM
Nah, that's too easy. Destro thinks. Say, first to a set number of drinks?

The_Librarian
2007-01-14, 07:39 PM
"Her? Who's her?!" The librarian wipes her face with her hand, still not wanting to believe any of this is true.

wxdruid
2007-01-14, 07:40 PM
Yes, ...you can stay here if you're not tired?

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 07:40 PM
((Crap, I meant to put "first to pass out loses"))

"Okay...how many?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 07:41 PM
Oh, pick a number. Any number, really.

darnin
2007-01-14, 07:42 PM
Darnin notices the two starting a drinking contest and starts watching.

Lykan
2007-01-14, 07:43 PM
"Her? Who's her?!" The librarian wipes her face with her hand, still not wanting to believe any of this is true.

Demetrius shrinks away. I-... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you upset...

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 07:43 PM
The man, heavily overestimating his own abilities, says with confidence, "Twenty."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-14, 07:44 PM
Drake comes downstairs, his eyes lingering on Libris and Alena for only moments before he tears them away and goes out the door.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-14, 07:44 PM
"I think this place has got too many drunks for me to stay in here, but I do want to check in at the temple of Inari's...let me walk you to your door"

Deadly
2007-01-14, 07:45 PM
Deadly grins at Destro and the man. He leans back and orders a bag of popcorn for the show

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 07:45 PM
Allright. Cosmo! Twenty drinks each! Here. Destro tosses Cosmo a large bag of gold, and the grumpy gnome brightens visibly. Right. Soon enough there are twenty shot glasses in front of Destro, and another twenty for the bard. Here goes. Destro downs one of them.

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 07:48 PM
The quickly finishes one off, now even more visibly inebriated.

"Onesh" He counts, then starts on another.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 07:49 PM
Destro overturns the shot glass and sets it on the bar. He quickly drinks another and does the same with that. Two.

wxdruid
2007-01-14, 07:50 PM
Sure, I'd like that.

The_Librarian
2007-01-14, 07:50 PM
The librarian hangs her head for a moment.

"I've taken great pains to avoid this..." she says. "I couldn't... I couldn't have a daughter. It's too gods-damned dangerous."

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 07:51 PM
The man finishes his third drink. "Five" He says, confused. He begins feeling around for another shot glass, as if he suddenly went blind.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 07:53 PM
((No! No! 3 sir! 3!
Ah, right. 3!))
Destro picks up another two, and those shortly join the other pair upside down on the bar.

Alex Shipmaster
Alex stands up "Righty, let's go" he holds his hand out

Lykan
Demetrius looks up at her, frowning.

Please don't by mad... You both do fine...

wxdruid
2007-01-14, 07:54 PM
Alena stands and takes his hand, she keeps her wings tight against her back.

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 07:54 PM
The man works on his sixth drink. He begins wobbling in his chair. "Twenty!" He shouts triumphantly before falling out his chair and onto the ground, passed out.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-14, 07:55 PM
Alex leads Alena towards and up the stairs

Deadly
2007-01-14, 07:56 PM
Deadly sighs That was too quick. Let's sober him up so he can continue.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 07:56 PM
Hmm. Destro looks down at the passed out man. Someone should really wake him up. He resumes drinking, polishing off another three drinks in short order.

The_Librarian
2007-01-14, 07:58 PM
"We do?" the librarian asks, sounding a little calmer. She frowns. "It's odd that you wouldn't know who the father was though." She shakes her head. "Gods, what am I going to do?"

Greeny bursts out laughing, having restrained himself for too long.

darnin
2007-01-14, 07:59 PM
Darnin raises an eyebrow at the person who just passed out, then orders more beer.

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 08:01 PM
The man groans, barely conscious. "Guitar..."

Lykan
2007-01-14, 08:02 PM
Demetrius bites his lip.

She's really nice, if I may say so...

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 08:03 PM
Destro sighs and casts Neutralize Poison on the guy.

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 08:06 PM
He rolls around a bit, regaining consciousness. "Did I win?"

The_Librarian
2007-01-14, 08:09 PM
The librarian smiles weakly.

"Ah, well... that's good to know... but... well, if you'll excuse me -I think I might need to have a lie-down or something."

"Absolutely. You wouldn't want to be straining yourself in your present condition."

"I'm not pregnant yet, wolf! GAH!" She heads for the door, but then pauses. "Go home wolf. I'll see you there later."

"Huh?" The librarian heads to the mirror to Inari's. "Oh, right." He grins. "Good luck." The wolf heads out of the tavern, while the librarian bids good night to Demetrius and then walks through the mirror.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 08:09 PM
You passed out. The contest isn't over yet. Destro helps the guy up, if he lets him.

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 08:10 PM
The man stands up with Destro's assistance.. "Aww damn, really? Where'd we leave off?"

Lykan
2007-01-14, 08:12 PM
Demetrius sighs.

Well... That was fun...

He curls up under a table again

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 08:15 PM
I'm at seven. You're at six. Destro indicates the seat where the guy was sitting.

Deadly
2007-01-14, 08:15 PM
Deadly disappears in a swirl of black flames after finishing his wine

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-14, 08:23 PM
Drake comes back in and heads back to his room upstairs.

Rebonack
2007-01-14, 08:25 PM
Regiji puts away his tablet, which apparently he had been working on the whole time. He quirks an eyebrow at the drinking 'contest'.

The probe suddenly zips back into the building and begins bobbing around Destro's head happily.

"I found a whole bunch of sulfur! Let me show you!" the orb enthuses. A nice image of the red dragon that lives in the Mountains shimmers into view.

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 08:29 PM
The man sits at his seat and quickly downs a drink. "Now we're even." He says, smirking.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 08:30 PM
So it would seem, Says Destro, knocking back a drink of his own.

Rebonack
2007-01-14, 08:33 PM
Regiji stands giving a sigh at the antics of a drinking contest with Destro.

"I've got something to check on, I'll be back in a bit."

He then ceases to be in the tavern.

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 08:38 PM
"Don't count me out, buddy. I can hold a lot more drinks when I'm not already drunk, y'know?" He says, downing two more.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 08:40 PM
I do indeed. I have a similar situation. I can hold more alcohol than I look like I should be able to. Destro matches the other mans pair of drinks by downing two of his own.

cosmo
2007-01-14, 08:41 PM
Cosmo scowls as he walks out from the back, Trog needs to hire better help, I can't carry all of those barrels in. He starts wiping glasses as he notices the drinking contest.

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 08:42 PM
"The name's Floyd, by the way." The bard says between three more shots.

cosmo
2007-01-14, 08:43 PM
Next he'll claim to be Pink Floyd, ha

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 08:45 PM
Next he'll claim to be Pink Floyd, ha
((Now you're catching on :smallwink:))

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 08:47 PM
((Well, his speech is pink))
I'm Destro. Destro hurries to catch up, drinking four shots in rapid succession. Fourteen.

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 08:52 PM
Floyd begins feeling the effects of the alcohol, but ignores it. Grabbing two glasses in each hand, he downs four simultaneously. ""S-sixteen.

cosmo
2007-01-14, 08:54 PM
Cosmo waits to see who crashes to the floor first, knowing it won't be Destro.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 08:55 PM
That's really quite impressive. Destro leans back and his shot glasses all float off the bar and orbit his head, periodically dumping their contents into his mouth. This is punctuated by Destro counting. *gulp* fifteen *gulp* sixteen *gulp* seventeen.

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 08:57 PM
Damn...gott'shta go all out Floyd thinks. Man, even his thoughts are slurred. He tries to do the same trick he did last time, but stops halfway through. The bard drops the glasses, bends over, and vomits violently only the floor.

cosmo
2007-01-14, 08:58 PM
Cosmo scowls, You get to clean it up, buddy.

Kyrian
2007-01-14, 09:03 PM
Damn...gott'shta go all out Floyd

((I've been on PS2 and Xbox all day, so not paying attention. But I just saw this and got it.))

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 09:04 PM
Destro finishes the last three drinks. He grins and casts both Neutralize poison and Prestidigitation. The former is for Floyd. The latter is so that the vomit will go away. I told you I could hold more than you might think.

((And, dinner. Back shortly))

cosmo
2007-01-14, 09:07 PM
Cosmo walks down and cleans a spot on the bar, wondering how long Destro will prolong the torture of Pink Floyd.

(and he goes back to npc mode)

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 10:02 PM
Destro twiddles his thumbs and wonders if Pink Floyd is going to do anything anytime soon.

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 10:03 PM
(Pink) Floyd, who had been, um...sitting there for awhile doing something, looks at Destro, "Well, I've gotta admit, I'm impressed. How the hell can you hold so much beer?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 10:06 PM
It's a talent. Destro grins. I have spent over three months here. During those three months, I have had at least four drinks per day. You build up a resistance pretty quickly when you drink that much.

darnin
2007-01-14, 10:08 PM
Darnin orders a beer, finally beginning to get all the NPC names.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-14, 10:09 PM
Alex walks into Trog's and quickly vanishes upstairs

Rebonack
2007-01-14, 10:12 PM
"Are you going to go get the sulfur Destro?" the probe enthuses. The life-like image of the red dragon bounces up and down in the air along with Zeemis.

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 10:12 PM
"Wow...and how many brain cells do you have left?"

Xerillum
2007-01-14, 10:20 PM
Finne walks in. Hey, uhh, anyone who could be a hitman... I can pay a lot... uh, yeah.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 10:20 PM
Maybe later, Zeemis. Killing a Dragon is not something one does alone. Destro turns back to Floyd. Most of them. Though I'm sure that I used to have more.

((Oddly enough the D&D rules for being drunk do WIS and DEX damage, but no INT damage))

darnin
2007-01-14, 10:24 PM
Darnin considers the hitman offer, and then realizes he should get a decent weapon before even thinking about it.

((Okay, now I'm mostly just posting to show I'm not dead. Oh well.))

Rebonack
"Why not?" the probe asks. It sounds honestly curious. "Is it because it's big and ugly and scaly and has magical parasitic worms in its gut?"

Xerillum
We also provide weapons.

darnin
2007-01-14, 10:29 PM
Darnin hears this, and his mind starts working. Eventually, he figures that a creature with it's own darkness should be an interesting idea.. He calls Finne over.

Alright, give me the details and I'll tell you if I'm interested.

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 10:30 PM
Floyd straps his guitar over his back, "Wow, itneresting...I guess."

Xerillum
2007-01-14, 10:32 PM
Emperor of an island that's army is invading the town... the emperor is rolling in dough... ah, and there are a lot of women. A LOT.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 10:33 PM
That's the gist of it, yes. Destro grins at the overly happy probe. Yeah, you get used to it. Good to meet you, Floyd. He holds out his hand for Floyd to shake.

((He is wearing gloves, so Floyd wouldn't see through the disguise by touch))

darnin
2007-01-14, 10:35 PM
Alright...But what about risks? How likely is it I'm going to get out alive?

Xerillum
2007-01-14, 10:36 PM
Around 80%.

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 10:36 PM
"Likewise" Says Floyd, shaking his hand.

darnin
2007-01-14, 10:40 PM
80%, eh? And you did say cash and women, right? You've got me hooked.

Rebonack
"So if we de-wormed the dragon first..." the probe begins. "Then it would be easier to slay him?" Zeemis seems excited at the thought of this and rolls about on the bar to demonstrate his pleasure.

Destro_Yersul
Not really, Zeemis. It's more the big, ugly, scaly part that most people worry about. Now then, says Destro, standing up. This place could use some music. Who's with me?

Vespe Ratavo
2007-01-14, 10:42 PM
Vespe teleports in. Someone call for a bard?

Xerillum
2007-01-14, 10:42 PM
Mmkay. Anyone else want to join?

Vespe Ratavo
2007-01-14, 10:43 PM
Vespe pulls out his guitar. And a piano.

darnin
2007-01-14, 10:46 PM
((Wait, what did he pull the piano out of?))

Vespe Ratavo
2007-01-14, 10:46 PM
(Bag o' holding my friend.)

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 10:49 PM
Floyd looks up and sees the bard. His eyes narrow as he stands up.

""Hey, buddy, the rocker position if covered.

darnin
2007-01-14, 10:49 PM
Battle of the bards. I like it. Has a nice ring to it.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-01-14, 10:50 PM
Vespe looks up and says, Place your bets ladies and germs! Floyd vs Vespe!

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 10:51 PM
Just have two guitars. Destro finds a conveniently placed drumset behind one of the molecules that make up the stage. He pulls a mirror out of his pocket and says something at it. Shortly thereafter a nimblewright walks through the door.

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 10:52 PM
((Read my mind))

"Don't take me lightly, I'm the best rocker ever." He smirks, pulling out his guitar.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-01-14, 10:52 PM
So hows this gonna work out? Dueling guitars? I play a song then you?

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 10:55 PM
"Sounds good."

Destro_Yersul
Works for me. Destro sits down behind the drumset. The drumsticks lift themselves into the air and stay poised over the drums. The nimblewright takes up position behind the piano.

darnin
What about you both play your own song and the audience votes?

Rebonack
"Yay! Guitar fight!" the probe squeals with delight. Apparently wormy dragons are no longer on its mind. Instead it makes a note that there are now more guitars in the tavern than there were before. And a piano.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-01-14, 10:56 PM
Agreed. What type of song? Metal? Any type?

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 10:57 PM
"I only play one type of song, man; And that's hard rock."

Vespe Ratavo
2007-01-14, 10:58 PM
I can play many types. I will level and play hard rock as well.

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 10:58 PM
Floyd squints, "Whatever, mug. You want to go first?"

Vespe Ratavo
2007-01-14, 10:59 PM
Mug? Anyway, very well. Vespe tunes his guitar and flips through his songbook.

(How is this actually gonna work? Just say what song we're playing? Post the lyrics? RP it?)

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 11:01 PM
((I'd say either RP, or youtube))
I'll play accompaniment. Who wants a light show as well? Destro folds his arms across his chest.

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 11:01 PM
Mug? Anyway, very well. Vespe tunes his guitar and flips through his songbook.

(How is this actually gonna work? Just say what song we're playing? Post the lyrics? RP it?)
((I say post the lyrics AND RP it! mwahaha!))