PDA

View Full Version : Frostrager One-Two Punch

Zombulian
2013-12-02, 06:26 PM
So I was looking in Frostburn earlier today and I came across something interesting.

One-Two Punch (Ex): At 2nd level, while making an unarmed attack, the frostrager may make one extra attack in a round at his highest base attack bonus, but each attack made in that round (the extra one and the normal ones) take a -2 penalty.

So a Frostrager can run up to someone and quickly bap 'em with 2 hits. Neat. (http://i.imgur.com/WVifL68.gif)

I can't really find a good use for this though, since Pounce beats it fairly easily. I realize it adds another attack to the full attack rotation and that's nice, but I'm trying to figure out how two attacks as a standard action can be abused.

holywhippet
2013-12-02, 09:19 PM
Well, it would stack with a monks flurry of blows/misses in theory.

Might be handy if you have a touch attack spell charged by giving you an extra chance of hitting with it. If the touch spell can work multiple times, you can attack more than one opponent with each hit.

Coidzor
2013-12-02, 09:21 PM
So I was looking in Frostburn earlier today and I came across something interesting.

So a Frostrager can run up to someone and quickly bap 'em with 2 hits. Neat. (http://i.imgur.com/WVifL68.gif)

I can't really find a good use for this though, since Pounce beats it fairly easily. I realize it adds another attack to the full attack rotation and that's nice, but I'm trying to figure out how two attacks as a standard action can be abused.

Abused? I can't think of anything. I suppose if you couldn't charge and had Snap Kick and Whirling Frenzy you'd be able to make either 3 or maybe 4 attacks depending upon how one is supposed to interpret Whirling Frenzy (I don't see a full attack requirement) at -4 or -6 to each attack.

Edit: If it was like Snap Kick you could do a thing with Karmic Strike/Robilar's Gambit where for every time you're hit you attack them back three times, but since it seems to be just once a round...

Amphetryon
2013-12-02, 09:56 PM
Well, it would stack with a monks flurry of blows/misses in theory.

Might be handy if you have a touch attack spell charged by giving you an extra chance of hitting with it. If the touch spell can work multiple times, you can attack more than one opponent with each hit.

I suppose, in theory, it could be used to combine with Decisive Strike to give a Character who entered through Monk the ability to choose based on the situation.

Zombulian
2013-12-02, 10:07 PM
I suppose, in theory, it could be used to combine with Decisive Strike to give a Character who entered through Monk the ability to choose based on the situation.

Could you not argue that you could take the full round action to decisive strike, and then One-Two Punch triggers off of it?