PDA

View Full Version : Need to know if this build is viable.

DwarfInTheFlask
2013-12-02, 07:14 PM
I need to know if this is a good build, if not please inform me of corrections.

Gunslinger 5(PF)/Factotum 8/Swashbuckler 3/Chameleon 4//Psion 20(PF)

What would be better for this?
The idea is a character who draws a pistol fires it, drops it and either pulls a second pistol or draws a sword to fight. But as a fall back has the psionic powers to augment himself or if disarmed handle his business. Also to give him that mysterious supernatural feel.

Can something do it better?

Immabozo
2013-12-02, 07:17 PM
Can something do it better?

Four words.

Last son of Krypton.

DwarfInTheFlask
2013-12-02, 07:22 PM
Wha?
Sorry could you explain further? Is that a nickname for something? I am failing to see how Superman has something to do with this.

Emperor Tippy
2013-12-02, 07:28 PM
The non Psion half is missing a level. Decisive Strike Martial Monk with Kung Fu Genius would be a good choice to fill it.

That being said, Gunslinger doesn't seem to do all that much for you.

Targetteer Fighter (Dragon #310) seems to do everything Gunslinger does only better. Pick Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Firearms) as one of your two free EWP's and grab Arrow Swarm, Sniper, and Vital Aim in place of your bonus feats. The first lets you throw out two additional attacks when you full attack (might not be useful if your DM doesn't allow full attacks with the type of guns you are using), Sniper lets you drop attacks from a full attack to improve the weapons threat range (so up to +3 to the threat range if you have a BAB of 16+). Vital Aim lets you add Dex to all of your ranged attacks.

That also frees up a second level for Monk so that you can pick up Invisible Fist and another bonus feat. Or more Chameleon or perhaps a level or two of Swordsage.

DwarfInTheFlask
2013-12-02, 07:31 PM
5+8+3+4=20

Although Targetted Fighter is interesting.

The Gunslinger allows me to add Dex and Cha to damage rolls due to Archetypes. And with some convincing Dex x2 + Cha to damage as there is no Errata out there to fix an error that I could exploit.

Emperor Tippy
2013-12-02, 07:35 PM
How MAD do you plan on being? Because that switches you from Int/Dex to Int/Dex/Cha. Unless you are going FMI or Necropolitan then you need Con as well for your HP. Wisdom controls Grit for Gunslinger as well. That's every stat except strength (which effects melee damage).

DwarfInTheFlask
2013-12-02, 07:39 PM
True enough it does spread my stats thin. But Dex is good for anyone to have and with a x2 means you can have a smaller dex modifier and still get good use out of it. Cha to damage is just icing on the cake with the MS archetype. Con is good for any character but with armor, Force Screen, Inertial Armor, etc this makes it have a high AC so lesser HP is not to bad. Plus with the other classes having better HD it gets some more HP then not.

So the main build would need INT (Lost Traditions can turn this to Cha) to make it a Cha/Dex build.

Immabozo
2013-12-02, 11:09 PM
Wha?
Sorry could you explain further? Is that a nickname for something? I am failing to see how Superman has something to do with this.

Just was in an oddball mood earlier today. Superman beats everything.