PDA

View Full Version : Psionic Gestalt[PF]

Macabros
2013-12-02, 08:18 PM
Ok so I wanted to see if a build with a gestalt of two psionic classes.

But I am not sure of what to combo.
The idea is a character who is mysterious and to those who do not know of psionics appears almost godlike.

Psion 20// ? is the build. I am considering either Psywar or Soulknife but I cannot decide on which one to use.

I plan on going Thrallherd and potentially another PrC after I am finished with it but not sure what.

So what combo of psionic classes could best fit?

Or would a class like Warblade or something be better?

shadow_archmagi
2013-12-02, 08:29 PM
The question is what you are hoping to get out of it.

If you gestalt with Warblade, you have INT synergy, full BAB, and nifty melee things. On the other hand, you don't have much action synergy (Since you're choosing to use a maneuver OR manifest a power, unless you specialize in swift action maneuvers).

If you gestalt with Soulknife, you gain a knife. This has the advantage of being a fairly useful object, but the disadvantage of also being found in stores for a reasonable price.

If you gestalt with Psywarrior, you have a similar problem with Warblade, where you gain more powers, but you're still limited to so many actions per round.

I may be a bit biased, but personally, I'd actually suggest putting something like Incarnate, Artificer, or Binder on the other side- Something that gives you long-term buffs or out of combat utility. Incarnate can certainly help with the godlike appearance thing.

The-Mage-King
2013-12-02, 08:32 PM
I'd suggest...

Aegis, actually. Psychic armor. Storable Power Stones. Lets you summon super armor around you.

Psyren
2013-12-02, 08:42 PM
Warblade would be my suggestion, he would be a warrior without peer at all levels that would strike a lot of fear into anyone he faces. For discipline I would pick Nomad, Seer or Telepath.

EDIT: And I missed the PF tag :smalltongue: Yeah Aegis would be a deadly fit for this.

Macabros
2013-12-02, 08:54 PM
I have no previous experience with the Incarnate classes

Aegis sounds cool but the psionic armor thing is weird, can someone break it down for me?

Psyren
2013-12-02, 09:16 PM
Aegis sounds cool but the psionic armor thing is weird, can someone break it down for me?

It's a bit like an eidolon - you get a suit made of ectoplasm and various points you can use to customize it as needed. The abilities are quite useful, giving you flight and swim speeds, damage reduction, darkvision, AC bonuses, ability score bonuses, PR, powerful build etc.

You can think of it as a balanced version of the Synthesist.

Macabros
2013-12-02, 09:45 PM
Interesting

Thought I disagree with the Soulknife comment you create weapons out of psionic energy and can further enhance them. Heck with the right archetype you do nothing but point your finger and fire off blasts of damage, or can create assassination weapons at will with no evidence when you disperse them.

How powerful would an Aegis//Soulknife be?

Armor and Weapons made of psionic energy.