PDA

View Full Version : Will Elan ever meet up with Julio Scoundrel again?

Sam de Cheese
2007-01-14, 07:56 AM
im wondering if he will, because like the Captain himself said, it will end with him dying in Elan's arms as he swears vengance upon his killer.

so will they meet up again?

Police_palace
2007-01-14, 08:03 AM
Nah.. They won't meet up.. he taught him the ways of the stick and then he left the story.. But he will always be in elans heart :smallfrown:

Amon Star
2007-01-14, 08:05 AM
I don't think he will, because Julio is smart and knows it will involve his death. Also, the OotS are probably quite easy to keep track of, as they aren't subtle, so with his Airship he can just fly away if he hears that they're near.

Golt
2007-01-14, 08:31 AM
I seriously doubt this could happen. Even with his prestige-class-enhanced way of thinking he still doesn't seem like the type for such a deep and dark episode as having his mentor die before him would be. (I think we can all agree that's exactly what would happen if they were to meet again)
Come to think about it, neither is Julio the type to die like that.

Zanaril
2007-01-14, 08:33 AM
My guess is that he'll be mentioned, or be part of the story again, but indirectly. Something like helping Nale escape because he thinks he's Elan, or meeting Xykon on the way from Azure city and giving him directions because the whole army took a wrong turn and got lost.

Something subtle that effects the story.

mockingbyrd7
2007-01-14, 11:30 AM
It would be so funny if they just bumped into each other some time and Julio's running away, screaming, "Get away! GET AWAY! I DON'T WANT TO DIE!!"

Thom
2007-01-14, 11:46 AM
I can't remember who said it, but I believe there is a rule in storytelling that if a gun has to be fired in the fifth act, it needs to be shown to the audience by the end of the second act.

We shall see Scoundrél, again.

Dawnstrider_Moogle
2007-01-14, 11:59 AM
I can't remember who said it, but I believe there is a rule in storytelling that if a gun has to be fired in the fifth act, it needs to be shown to the audience by the end of the second act.

We shall see Scoundrél, again.

The gun that makes an appearance in the first act goes off in the third, but yeah. I think that was Hitchcock.

He's definitely coming back...perhaps only in the Epilogue, but definitely coming back. Last words: "Oh gods...how cliche..."

onasuma
2007-01-14, 12:33 PM
Should he return, it would probably be for a plot based around elan, like he gets kidnapped and his only pupil elan rises to the ocasion and resucues julio and gains a powerful talking rapier in the process, or he dies defending the gate from zykon, eithers fine by me.

Mapmaker
2007-01-14, 01:09 PM
Yes, Elan will see Julio again, but may or may not actually get to talk to him. You see, Elan will be chasing Scoundrel around (needing help with something) and Scoundrel will be doing his best to get away from him.

dauvis
2007-01-14, 01:50 PM
My speculation...

He will come back in a Han Solo style moment to save OOTS during Xylon's attack. Although, I think the chances of this happening is very low.

Jewel Thief
2007-01-14, 01:57 PM
I think Rich explaining why we will never see Scoundrél again, because he'll probably be slain by one of Elan's enemies and die in Elan's arms, means we can accept why Scoundrél will never show up.

Mad Scientist
2007-01-14, 06:28 PM
My speculation...

He will come back in a Han Solo style moment to save OOTS during Xylon's attack. Although, I think the chances of this happening is very low.

Oooo. I like that one!
But it was really Lando who saved the day.

The Dirge
2007-01-14, 06:45 PM
He'll be back just in time to teach Elan a nifty trick that will be usefull in the final battle

Obsidian Blade
2007-01-14, 06:48 PM
Nah, I think we're done with him. He was a hilarious character, but like they say, too much of a good thing... the only scenario I can imagine is them meeting up accidentally and him running away as fast as possible.

Cifer
2007-01-14, 07:04 PM
Oooo. I like that one!
But it was really Lando who saved the day.
Not in the first movie (that is, the fourth... or whatever...)
If we see him again, I predict Elan won't get the chance to talk to him. They'll somehow bumb into each other, Julio will shout "Crap!" and promptly get stabbed by someone.

TreesOfDeath
2007-01-14, 07:05 PM
I wonder if that comemtn of his was just a joke or forshadowing. I voted yes, just because of something in my gut, but we can't be sure

The Extinguisher
2007-01-14, 07:26 PM
It would be so funny if they just bumped into each other some time and Julio's running away, screaming, "Get away! GET AWAY! I DON'T WANT TO DIE!!"

That would be hillarious

Jewel Thief
2007-01-14, 07:47 PM
They'll somehow bumb into each other, Julio will shout "Crap!" and promptly get stabbed by someone.

I like that one.

Shott
2007-01-15, 02:11 AM
If he does come back, I don't think it will be for a long while. This part of OotS has focused primarally on Elan and his changes, so I think its another character's time to shine.