PDA

View Full Version : Wrist Dagger type things

Ranting Fool
2013-12-02, 11:42 PM
I've been playing a bit too much Assassins Creed: Black Flag. And I vaguely remember having a campaign where the rogue had wrist daggers :smallbiggrin: is there actually rules for this or did the DM at the time (Me) just make it up (In my defense this was over 10 years ago and that campaign didn't last very long at all) :smalltongue:

geekintheground
2013-12-02, 11:46 PM
check the hidden weapons in complete scoundrel (pg 109-110). the sleeve blade sounds right. though the gnome quickrazor is more effective (but doesnt stab unfortunately)

Sir Chuckles
2013-12-03, 02:07 AM
It's a sleeve blade/knife.
Same exact thing from Assassin's Creed.

There's also the boot knife, elbow blade, weighted sleeve, weighted cloak, and knee blade.
Be a Thri-Kreen, take Multiweapon Fighting, go nuts.

Prime32
2013-12-03, 10:02 AM
If you're not worried about hiding them, refluff some spiked gauntlets/clawed gauntlets.

A&EG also has wrist crossbows (spring-loaded gauntlets), though they're very weak.

Red Fel
2013-12-03, 10:07 AM
Warforged components.

In the words of Uncle, "Whole body becomes a secret weapon!"

Dalebert
2013-12-03, 10:55 AM
In Pathfinder, Ratfolk can get a tail dagger that they're automatically proficient with. I'm trying to think of ways to conceal it with some feathers or ornamental cloth or something so it can be my secret weapon. Might be handy if I get tied up.

Know(Nothing)
2013-12-03, 01:40 PM
Here (https://the-continent-of-morkane.obsidianportal.com/items/wristblade) is a homebrew wrist blade I did a while ago, though looking back I might've made it Exotic.

Jormengand
2013-12-03, 01:42 PM
In Pathfinder, Ratfolk can get a tail dagger that they're automatically proficient with. I'm trying to think of ways to conceal it with some feathers or ornamental cloth or something so it can be my secret weapon. Might be handy if I get tied up.

PF also has the scizore, which is useful because it's a d10 one-handed martial weapon, because you near enough can't be disarmed of it, because you essentially count as having a buckler on the same hand and because it's pretty easy to hide.

FinnDarkblade
2013-12-03, 03:18 PM
Pathfinder also has a spring-loaded wrist sheathe, which lets you draw the dagger as a swift action.
*edit* Even better, if you're actually using the Assassin PrC(for some reason) you can put an Assassin's Dagger in it.

Ranting Fool
2013-12-03, 05:16 PM
cheers guys :smallbiggrin:

Dusk Eclipse
2013-12-03, 05:19 PM
Honestly I would go with slightly-refluffed Gnomish quick razors.