PDA

View Full Version : Was the Snatch Weapon feat updated to 3.5?

Joe Eskimo
2013-12-03, 12:31 AM
If it wasn't is it compatible as is for 3.5? Also if I attempted the feat unarmed would I still suffer the usual penalties for a second attack with an off-hand weapon?

Question 2: If I attempt an unarmed disarm with the Improved Disarm feat but without the Improved Unarmed Strike feat, would I provoke an AoO for being unarmed in attempting a disarm?

Kelb_Panthera
2013-12-03, 12:50 AM
It doesn't appear to have been updated.

3.0 material is 3.5 legal unless it's been updated.

Yes, you would still take the penalty even if you perform the disarm unarmed.

SowZ
2013-12-03, 12:53 AM
There are so many ways to get that as a bonus feat from a class or ACF, though. If you are trying to dual wield unarmed, I'd dip a level in City Brawler Barbarian for TWF and IUS.

Joe Eskimo
2013-12-03, 04:30 AM
Okay then. So let's say I'm a character with BAB +5, I'm wearing Bracers of Striking(gives IUS), took the Whirling Frenzy rage variant from UA, and I have the Snatch Weapon feat. So I already have whirling frenzy active, on my turn as an attack I attempt a disarm unarmed, assuming I beat the defender I now have his weapon and get a free attack against him care of snatch weapon, and then I should also get another free attack against him care of whirling frenzy. So is this correct? I get a chance to hit him twice on this situation?

Curmudgeon
2013-12-03, 04:43 AM
Question 2: If I attempt an unarmed disarm with the Improved Disarm feat but without the Improved Unarmed Strike feat, would I provoke an AoO for being unarmed in attempting a disarm?
The answer is clearly stated in the feat:
Benefit: You do not provoke an attack of opportunity when you attempt to disarm an opponent, nor does the opponent have a chance to disarm you. Whether your unarmed attack would normally provoke simply does not matter as long as you're making a disarm attempt.

Lord Vukodlak
2013-12-03, 06:08 AM
If it wasn't is it compatible as is for 3.5? Also if I attempted the feat unarmed would I still suffer the usual penalties for a second attack with an off-hand weapon?

Well if your disarming someone unarmed you end up with the weapon in your hand anyway. Secondly it was reprinted word for word in Champions of Ruins.

Joe Eskimo
2013-12-03, 06:25 AM
Well if your disarming someone unarmed you end up with the weapon in your hand anyway. Secondly it was reprinted word for word in Champions of Ruins.

Yes but Snatch Weapon gives you a free attack after you disamed your foe. Kinda like what improved trip does after a succesful trip. Also on what page can I find it in Champions of Ruin? I do kind of recall seeing it reprinted on a 3.5 book but maybe I might be mistaken. All I can see is Snatch Trophy.

Lord Vukodlak
2013-12-03, 10:47 AM
Yes but Snatch Weapon gives you a free attack after you disamed your foe. Kinda like what improved trip does after a succesful trip. Also on what page can I find it in Champions of Ruin? I do kind of recall seeing it reprinted on a 3.5 book but maybe I might be mistaken. All I can see is Snatch Trophy.

I can not help you there, I simply used a featfinder and it told me it was in champions of ruin... I've yet to see it give me incorrect information before but there is always a first time.

Darrin
2013-12-03, 11:07 AM
I can not help you there, I simply used a featfinder and it told me it was in champions of ruin... I've yet to see it give me incorrect information before but there is always a first time.

Snatch Weapon was not reprinted in Champions of Ruin. The featfinder may have it confused with Snatch Trophy, which does appear in Champions of Ruin, but doesn't involve disarming (although a finger would probably work).

If you want to disarm with a weapon, consider a flindbar (MMIII). Exotic, but every time you roll a critical threat, you get a free disarm attempt. If you need to free up your hands to grip a new weapon, then Glove of the Master Strategist (3600 GP, Ghostwalk) works like a Glove of Storing, and can store a weapon as a free action. So: keen flindbar rolls a possible crit, free disarm attempt, free action to store flindbar, free attack with Snatch Weapon, free action to drop the new weapon, free action to switch back to the flindbar for the rest of your attacks.