PDA

View Full Version : [Star Wars] Jedi Feat allocation

Jeivar
2013-12-03, 01:36 AM
Can I get some advice?

My friend is homebrewing a cocktail of D20 Modern and the Revised Star Wars Roleplaying Game. Basically he is going to have us take D20 Moden base classes first before taking Star Wars classes as a sort of prestige class.
He isn’t finished with it but I’m trying to lay out an early plan for Feat distribution, assuming three levels of Fast Hero and three as a Jedi Guardian, the goal being to create a Dex-based Defense monster.

If one assumes Dexterity 18 (I’m going with a Cathar), that’s Defense 14.
Then ...

1: Martial Arts as my first level feat.
2: Defensive Martial Arts as my Fast Hero second level Bonus Feat (+2 to Defense).
3: Heroic Surge as my third level Feat (as a trump card for sticky situations)
+4 to Defense as a third level Fast Hero.
*Switch to Jedi Guardian*
4: Get Deflect as a 1st level JG (+1 Defense)
5: Weapon Finesse as my JG Bonus Feat.
6: Either Combat Expertise as my third level feat (up to +5 in defense in exchange for an equal penalty to attack), or Lightsaber Defense for a +2 to Defense.
+4 to Defense as a third level Jedi Guardian.

So that’s either a Defense score of 27 or 25-30 depending on my sixth level Feat.
Did I miss something in the rules? Isn’t this a decent enough build?

Vertharrad
2013-12-03, 03:46 PM
Knight Defense and Master Defense adds to Lightsaber Defense when using a lightsaber...

Jeivar
2013-12-03, 04:47 PM
Knight Defense and Master Defense adds to Lightsaber Defense when using a lightsaber...

Yes, but those come at later levels.

Jeivar
2013-12-05, 03:29 PM
Does anyone else have anything to say?

Alejandro
2013-12-05, 06:22 PM
Most talk here is for Star Wars Saga Edition, so we're less qualified to advise you. :)