PDA

View Full Version : Widen? Chain? Area spells problem

WebTiefling
2013-12-03, 10:31 AM
I'm fiddling around with protecting a home. Yes, I realize this is really tough, etc, etc. I'm still putting in the basic work to fend off casual raids and discovery.

I'm looking at the Sequester spell - covers a 2' cube per level. Is there a Metamagic feat of some sort that would make it cover a larger area per casting?

Widen doesn't seem to apply, and that bumps it up 3 levels, and since it's already a 7th level spell, it can't get bumped up that many levels. Should I just break down and use multiple castings, or is there a cheap metamagic effect to avoid multiple castings?

I did think of Chain Spell, but that also bumps the spell 3 levels higher - no go for me. (I know hijinks can get an effective 10th level slot, but that's not what this character can do.)

Epsilon Rose
2013-12-03, 10:54 AM
Are there metamagic rods for either of those?

Fouredged Sword
2013-12-03, 10:59 AM
Well, shape spell could make it a large round shape centered on the caster. Not a bad option, and available as a rod. I recommend a rod of shape and a rod of widen. That will get you a fairly large area.

WebTiefling
2013-12-03, 11:37 AM
Well, shape spell could make it a large round shape centered on the caster. Not a bad option, and available as a rod. I recommend a rod of shape and a rod of widen. That will get you a fairly large area.

Hmmm, I hadn't thought of combining the metamagic effects. I like that! Muchas gracias!