PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Evil BSF character creation advice

B.S.F.
2013-12-03, 01:19 PM
So, as my name states I like playing the BSF role in games. We've been playing dnd and free rp/homebrew for some time now, and we're starting up with a new DM.

The concept I have in mind is an evil rider dude (kinda like a blackguard) with a big-ass flail!

I need some advice on how to do a couple of things.

What feats would someone have to take to be able to be an effective rider but also, be good dismounted? (dungeons, thick forest etc).

The monkey grip feat alows you to use 1 size bigger weapons with -2 on attack rolls. Is it possible to weild a medium size double-handed weapon with one hand if you get this feat? Is there any feat for this purpose? Talking about the large flail.

Besides being a fighter with an evil alignment what PRCs are there? I know blackguard but he gets most benefits if you start out as paladin, but I'm not in the mood to play for such a long time as a lawfull good.

Campaing info: We'll be starting out at level 5 and pretty much any source is available. Specific races might be banned at will, and he said we should generally avoid races with L.A.

Falcon X
2013-12-03, 04:46 PM
Several thoughts:

- There is a Horselord Barbarian variant in Dragon 338 that would work great as a Base Class. It gives natural bonuses to riding and a variant to rage that is more controlled.

- Follow this link for the Mounted handbook. It should give you a ton of good ideas for feats: http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7414

- I had a friend who recently started building an Evil fighter. I'm not checking why he had these ideas, but here are things he looked at: Soul Eater PrC, mounted Hulking Hurler, Swordwraith Template LA+3, Death Knight Template LA+5, Chosen of Bane Template.

- Look into Tome of Battle classes. I LOVE ToB, and the Crusader or Warblade could be a good base class, and some PrCs like Ruby Knight Vindicator or JAde Phoenix Mage (Homebrew it to Ebon Phoenix Mage) are pretty cool.

B.S.F.
2013-12-03, 05:07 PM
Hmm, I'm not really going for a raging barbarian. Something like corrupted warrior.