PDA

View Full Version : What in your opinion is the best Favored Soul Build?

TwentyFold
2013-12-03, 01:40 PM
Elloz
On my searching through google, i have found many different builds for Favored soul, which is the equivilant of a sorcerer to a wizard (comparing it so that the cleric is in the wizards position). I find that a nice common build is the melee buffer, being melee themselves and ubercharging themselves w/ buffs that are persisted and healing like a boss later. Usually I would just look to guides for good builds, but whenever I do I cant help staring halfheartedly at the #1 best multiclass (that has been heavily recommended) which is either multiclass into paladin for 4 to get turn/rebuke undead for free for some feats and such, or multiclass into the prestige class: BlackGaurd for the same thing, but w/ only taking 3 lvls to get what you want.
I am at a loss of what to do, mainly because I want to build a favored soul character for a gangster city game, and that I dont want to be a self righteous bastard, but i also dont want to be looked down upon as playing another evil character (which they still dont drop the fact that I chopped a guys leg off when he told me to bring it on... hate they keep bringing it up even though i was happy w/ that character).
Is there anyone who has a great Favored soul build that might help me keep away from such alignment restrictions, or even just a build w/ one of those classes that might fix this?

Xerlith
2013-12-03, 02:28 PM
Favored Soul4/Ordained Champ1/Knight of the Raven 3/Prestige Paladin2/Ordained Champ+1

You can finish it up with either OC+1/KotR+8 or Fist of Raziel 9. Your spellcasting suffers, but you're pretty much a melee powerhouse.

For a ToB build you can always have fun with Crusader4/Favored Soul1/KotR3/Prestige Paladin2/Ruby Knight Vindicator 10.

Overall, a Favored Soul suffers from the lack of turn undead, but if you DO obtain it, you can have fun with adding your CHA mod to all the things you can.

nedz
2013-12-03, 03:08 PM
Use these rules (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/spontaneousDivineCasters.htm) from UA/SRD and create a Spontaneous Cleric.

Also: if you posted this in the 3.5 sub-forum you might get better answers.
Hint: to do this: Click on the Red Triangle and report your thread to the mods asking them to move it.

TwentyFold
2013-12-03, 04:30 PM
Favored Soul4/Ordained Champ1/Knight of the Raven 3/Prestige Paladin2/Ordained Champ+1

You can finish it up with either OC+1/KotR+8 or Fist of Raziel 9. Your spellcasting suffers, but you're pretty much a melee powerhouse.

For a ToB build you can always have fun with Crusader4/Favored Soul1/KotR3/Prestige Paladin2/Ruby Knight Vindicator 10.

Overall, a Favored Soul suffers from the lack of turn undead, but if you DO obtain it, you can have fun with adding your CHA mod to all the things you can.
cant you make sure your spellcasting is good w/ a feat called trained caster or something? or would that not help to well w/ these builds?

TwentyFold
2013-12-03, 04:31 PM
Use these rules (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/spontaneousDivineCasters.htm) from UA/SRD and create a Spontaneous Cleric.

Also: if you posted this in the 3.5 sub-forum you might get better answers.
Hint: to do this: Click on the Red Triangle and report your thread to the mods asking them to move it.
Thnx for the tip, i will do that asac