PDA

View Full Version : Gestalt question

Asteron
2013-12-03, 02:24 PM
In the Gestalt rules, it says that when two classes share the same class feature, it accrues at the faster rate (like a Barbarian//rogue with Uncanny Dodge). I'm building a Cleric//Paladin and I was all excited to have more turn undead attempts to fuel DMM with, but then I remembered that. I'll only end up with the turn attempts from my cleric levels, won't I?

Fouredged Sword
2013-12-03, 02:47 PM
Yep, cleric progression only...

Unless you cheese your way into a neutral alignment and progress rebuke undead with your cleric levels.

Asteron
2013-12-03, 03:19 PM
No chance of that...

:smallsigh: I was really excited for that. Stupid brain remembering the stupid rules...

RMS Oceanic
2013-12-03, 03:21 PM
However, while RAW is silent about this, it's possible you could trade one class's Turn Undead attempts for an ACF and still get Turn Undead from the other.

Fouredged Sword
2013-12-03, 03:45 PM
Or be a dragonborn and take the Turn Dragons ACF. It can be used for DMM and it would be BOS to run around with a dragon mount.

Remember, if the dragon has HD equal to yours, you can control it as a if rebuking undead. You just need to deal half of it's HD in negative levels first. At eleventh level you can be riding around on a young gold dragon. Ask your DM for a phylactery of Dragon Turning and you can do it at 7th level.

Asteron
2013-12-03, 03:45 PM
However, while RAW is silent about this, it's possible you could trade one class's Turn Undead attempts for an ACF and still get Turn Undead from the other.

You, sir, deserve a cookie!

I can take the Rebuke Dragon ACF from Dragon Magic! It makes perfect sense too because he is a Cleric//Paladin of Bahamut...

Fouredged Sword
2013-12-03, 03:54 PM
OOOOH! Get Planer Touchstone (catalouges of enlightenment) at 6th level for the fire domain and pick up a SECOND very young gold dragon at 7th level, then get a dragon paladin mount and a draconic cohort!

Be a BOSS who rides around on 4 gold dragons.

Asteron
2013-12-03, 04:24 PM
OOOOH! Get Planer Touchstone (catalouges of enlightenment) at 6th level for the fire domain and pick up a SECOND very young gold dragon at 7th level, then get a dragon paladin mount and a draconic cohort!

Be a BOSS who rides around on 4 gold dragons.

LOL...

I'll need to boost my AC to stop all of those books coming at my head!