PDA

View Full Version : Legacy Weapons Campaign

breakdownjason
2007-01-14, 12:48 PM
I am currently running a legacy weapon campaign, and need some help coming up with ideas for it. Presently, I have a Paladin that found the legacy weapon in the ruins of a temple to Hextor (an extremely powerful paladin from centuries before defeated a demon lord there and his weapon was lost), a druid that got his in a unearthed limestone cavern full of nasty natural traps (cracks in the floor, swarms of bats, etc.) a rogue that found his legacy armor (rogues always get crappy armor, so I figured that since he can do an extra 4d6 of damage with his sneak attack, he didn't need a weapon) in a gauntlet of resetting traps (I had them go through the first time with about 2/3 of the traps already sprung and when they grabbed the armor without checking for anything, all the traps reset and they had to go back through about 30 corridors full of all kinds of fun traps). My problem is trying to find out what to do with the fighters legacy weapon (A bastard sword that ends up being uber-powerful). Right now, I have an arena type area on my mind, but I don't know how to get my entire party into the whole arena setting. I want to have one on one gladiator fights between my lvl 6 fighter lvl 1 gladiator, but I don't want anyone else feeling left out. We're playing in about 6 hours and any help you guys have for me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Fax Celestis
2007-01-14, 12:56 PM
Have a teleport trap that only activates for people holding the Legacy Weapon. The trap teleports him into an arena, where he is assaulted by successive waves of summoned/called opponents.

Don't tell the rest of the party, and have them try to figure out where the hell he's gone.

breakdownjason
2007-01-14, 01:05 PM
Yeah, I was thinking of doing something similar. I had a doorway planned that would pick up on the legacy weapons they do have already and transport the druid, rogue and paladin to different parts of the dungeon and have the fighter walk through it with no effect (he'll get his weapon after he fights). Any ideas for encounters for the rest of the players? I already have something nasty planned for Gar the fighter/gladiator.

Lord Sidereal
2007-01-14, 04:28 PM
well the druid could be ported to a land of steel and concrete where he has to fight for some animals. the rogue could be placed in a very secure treasury with loads of loot and have to find his way out. the paladin could be put toe-to-toe with demons sent to reclaim the weapon that almost slay their master

Ramza00
2007-01-14, 05:20 PM
Not directly affecting you, but I saw someone trying to make an epic progression of Legacy Champion on the epic boards. Figured it would be helpful for you :smallsmile:

http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=771693

The 8th Sin
2007-01-16, 06:29 PM
Do you still want an idea for a villain?

breakdownjason
2007-01-16, 09:33 PM
yeah, i set up a new post for it.