PDA

View Full Version : President of American Nintendo: May be the newest addition to SSB4 roster???

Tectonic Robot
2013-12-04, 11:17 AM
Reggie Fils-Aime, the president of Nintendo of America, also known as the guy who made the term 'My body is ready' a thing, has stated that he wouldn't be adverse to being added to the Super Smash Bros 4 roster.

I ain't joking, guys. (http://mynintendonews.com/2013/12/04/reggie-says-sakurai-might-consider-adding-him-to-super-smash-bros/) Not even joking. (http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/sora-sakurai-add-reggie-fils-aime-to-the-super-smash-bros-3ds-wii-u-roster-reggieforsmashbros)

Apparently, the guy in charge of the game says that if this petition gets 100,000 signatures, he'll be added to the game. So, like, crazy beans, right?

Seracain
2013-12-04, 11:27 AM
I don't even...

The only potential issue for me is that he'd likely take the spot of another character I'd like to see in Smash Bros.

Lentrax
2013-12-04, 11:34 AM
Can we Falcon punch this petition into oblivion?

Zevox
2013-12-04, 11:43 AM
The only potential issue for me is that he'd likely take the spot of another character I'd like to see in Smash Bros.
This, so very much this.

I am going to guess it won't happen, though. Random internet petitions almost never accomplish anything, especially stranger ones like this.

Emperor Ing
2013-12-04, 11:44 AM
I'd play as Reggie :smallbiggrin:

Tectonic Robot
2013-12-04, 01:12 PM
Well, I mean, if I had to choose between Reggie and, say, Toon Ganondorf getting into the game, I'd pick Toon Ganondorf in a heartbeat...

Tiki Snakes
2013-12-04, 01:30 PM
Given the sheer size of the roster, I never got the impression they really endorsed any kind of hard-cap on characters like that. So, in theory, his inclusion might not actually squeeze anyone out? I always assumed that sorting out rights and so on was the main hold-up for most guest-stars, and given the specifics, that shouldn't be a problem.

Not going to sign the petition, mind you. But it's hardly something to worry about, I suspect.

CarpeGuitarrem
2013-12-04, 01:32 PM
Here's what I think... (http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/31500000/My-Body-is-Ready-random-31574400-320-319.png)

You knew it was coming. :p

Tectonic Robot
2013-12-04, 01:34 PM
Given the sheer size of the roster, I never got the impression they really endorsed any kind of hard-cap on characters like that. So, in theory, his inclusion might not actually squeeze anyone out? I always assumed that sorting out rights and so on was the main hold-up for most guest-stars, and given the specifics, that shouldn't be a problem.

Not going to sign the petition, mind you. But it's hardly something to worry about, I suspect.

I heard there was a hard cap of, uh, something like 44? I don't remember where I got that number, though.

Seracain
2013-12-04, 10:13 PM
Even if there wasn't a hard cap, developing a character takes resources: time, animation, balancing, voice acting (would Reggie be doing this?), salaries, etc.

There is a limit to the amount of resources they can invest in creating characters and the roster is already very large. I'd be surprised if his inclusion didn't mean another character won't make it in.

That being said, the roster will never include everyone people want, so there will always be disappointed fans.

Tectonic Robot
2013-12-04, 10:20 PM
If Waluigi, Tetra, or Toon Ganondorf get in, I will jump for joy, yo. But people on tumblr seem excited about the possibility of Fils-Aime getting in...

DigoDragon
2013-12-05, 08:01 AM
But people on tumblr seem excited about the possibility of Fils-Aime getting in...

Well, it is Tumblr after all. :smalltongue:

To me he'd feel out of place among a roster of video game characters. I've been hoping for another Nintendo/Capcom partnership so I can see some of my fav characters in a Smash Bros game.

AstralFire
2013-12-05, 11:14 AM
I like Reggie, but why does it seem like Nintendo only listens to the parts of the internet it should not listen to? XP

Seerow
2013-12-05, 11:27 AM
I signed the petition just to see if this actually happens.

I don't particularly care if he's not included, but if he is it will be the funniest thing I've seen in a while, so worth it no matter who gets cut.

SiuiS
2013-12-05, 12:48 PM
This, so very much this.

I am going to guess it won't happen, though. Random internet petitions almost never accomplish anything, especially stranger ones like this.

I dunno, doesn't Detroit have a statue of robo cop because of this sort of thing?

Well, I mean, if I had to choose between Reggie and, say, Toon Ganondorf getting into the game, I'd pick Toon Ganondorf in a heartbeat...

Not me!

Even if there wasn't a hard cap, developing a character takes resources: time, animation, balancing, voice acting (would Reggie be doing this?), salaries, etc.

There is a limit to the amount of resources they can invest in creating characters and the roster is already very large. I'd be surprised if his inclusion didn't mean another character won't make it in.

That being said, the roster will never include everyone people want, so there will always be disappointed fans.

Not in the world of DLC. Continual development is the single most productive thing they could do, provided the content is stuff people really want...

... Like, say, the president of Nintendo of America?

Rakaydos
2013-12-17, 01:44 AM
Speaking of DLC, has anyone checked out the Brawl mod "Project M"? They recently did an update that added Mewtwo and Roy to (their version of) Brawl.

Demolator
2013-12-17, 01:42 PM
Speaking of DLC, has anyone checked out the Brawl mod "Project M"? They recently did an update that added Mewtwo and Roy to (their version of) Brawl.

I just got it a week ago, they're both amazing. Ivysaur is the most overpowered thing in the universe, though.

On topic, I'd actually play as Reggie provided he was any good. I wouldn't want him in there if he was useless though.

Zevox
2013-12-19, 01:22 AM
Well, a newcomer for the series was revealed today. And no, it's not Reggie - it's Rosalina (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MK9-6hRRjY), the princess from Super Mario Galaxy. Huh. Didn't see that one coming.

I'm pretty ambivalent on her myself, honestly. She does seem to have a fairly unique play style, so that's good, but she always just struck me as another bland princess for Mario to help in Galaxy. Not by rescuing her from a kidnapper, but still.

Oh well, gotta figure there's always going to be newcomers I don't care about in this series. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for Palutena at this point - she's easily at the top of my wish list, especially since Mega Man, her sole previous competition for that spot, is already confirmed.

Illieas
2013-12-19, 02:58 PM
Love the rosalina annoucement. Mainly because i love her in galaxy and the mechnics seem to be like ice climbers but you can project luma out so you can sandwich like carl in blazblue. It is character i hoped they would have her in more games ( good they also see that and added her here and 3d world). She is also prettier than peach. I am so hopeful this game becomes like melee in popularity.

Mewtarthio
2013-12-19, 11:13 PM
I'm pretty ambivalent on her myself, honestly. She does seem to have a fairly unique play style, so that's good, but she always just struck me as another bland princess for Mario to help in Galaxy. Not by rescuing her from a kidnapper, but still.

She was a lonely little girl mourning the death of her mother who befriended the stars and now oversees the births of entire worlds. For comparison, Mario is a (plumber/doctor/sports coach) from (Italy/Brooklyn/Yoshi's Island) who's rather fond of (Peach/Pauline) and jumps super high. I'm pretty sure Rosalina's the most well-defined character in the franchise outside of the RPGs. :smalltongue: