PDA

View Full Version : Spell Engine Help

questionmark693
2013-12-04, 07:16 PM
I have seen the comment that a wizard can change his whole spell selection in a standard, and even swift action, by using this spell. But all I saw in the text was that it takes ten minutes to cast and then makes it take half as long to prepare spells....what did I miss?

Doorhandle
2013-12-04, 07:20 PM
Never heard of this trick, but there is probably an obscure pattern of feats, class features, and general RAW abuse that make it possible.

ben-zayb
2013-12-04, 07:27 PM
1. Wish(Spell Engine) is a standard action
2. XP is a river
3. Quickened Wish

Emperor Tippy
2013-12-04, 07:30 PM
Never heard of this trick, but they're probably an obscure pattern of feats, class features, and general RAW abuse that make it possible.

Not obscure at all.

Wish to replicate Spell Engine. It get's Wish's casting time (a standard action). If you want it Quickened then use a Greater Rod of Quicken. This however costs 5,000 XP.

If you want it XP free and are willing to take a standard action then (assuming that you already have Shapechange up) you free action shift to Zodar form and use your Wish Supernatural Ability to replicate Spell Engine. This has various downsides but is much cheaper XP wise.

questionmark693
2013-12-04, 07:34 PM
Ok, that gets it cast as a standard action, but the way I read it, you still have to prepare all the spell slots, it just takes half as long. Did I read that wrong?