PDA

View Full Version : Incarnum blade

Irk
2013-12-04, 09:06 PM
I think we all know how massively overpowered this class is, so I'm not going to be discussing any combos,as I'm sure they've been done to death.

My question is this: Could you just take the feat shape soulmeld and pick blademeld? It would be hilarious if that's legal, as it would completely undermine the class in every way, because it definitely hasn't been yet

Psyren
2013-12-04, 09:19 PM
It's... debatable. The blademeld does seem to be a soulmeld, but the question is whether it is on any class' "soulmeld list." The IB can shape it, but that still doesn't really mean it is on anyone's list.

Waker
2013-12-05, 01:52 AM
Thankfully no. The wording for Shape Soulmeld says that you choose a soulmeld from any class's soulmelding list. The Incarnum Blade doesn't have a soulmeld list, they just have a class ability entitled "Shape Blademeld". Though others my disagree with my reading, I would say that the feat wouldn't work on the blademeld.

Which is good, cause then everyone would take it.

Chronos
2013-12-05, 10:21 AM
It looks to me like the Incarnum Blade has a class soulmeld list consisting of one soulmeld, and that it is hence a legitimate choice for the Shape Soulmeld feat. However, it also has special rules on where it can be bound: Unless you have the Blademeld Chakra Bind class feature, all you can bind it to is the weapon itself, which does almost nothing (it makes it a little bit harder to destroy, and it makes it count as a magical weapon it probably was anyway).

So to sum up, possible, but not remotely worthwhile.

Zombulian
2013-12-05, 12:02 PM
Thankfully no. The wording for Shape Soulmeld says that you choose a soulmeld from any class's soulmelding list. The Incarnum Blade doesn't have a soulmeld list, they just have a class ability entitled "Shape Blademeld". Though others my disagree with my reading, I would say that the feat wouldn't work on the blademeld.

Which is good, cause then everyone would take it.

Really? Would they though?

Waker
2013-12-05, 12:55 PM
Really? Would they though?

It would be pandemonium! The feat to take would be Shape Soulmeld (Blademeld)...

I refuse to use blue text.

Greenish
2013-12-05, 01:10 PM
It makes your weapon all shiny and blue. How could you not take that?

(Un)Inspired
2013-12-05, 01:43 PM
Excuse me gentlemen, I'm off to go make a soulknife/ incarnum blade. The strongest class combo known to man

Divayth Fyr
2013-12-05, 01:52 PM
Excuse me gentlemen, I'm off to go make a soulknife/ incarnum blade. The strongest class combo known to man
You shuld try to squeeze a few levels of Shining Blade of Heironeous in there.

(Un)Inspired
2013-12-05, 01:56 PM
You shuld try to squeeze a few levels of Shining Blade of Heironeous in there.

I... I don't know what to say. I had never heard of that prestige class before... It's... It's... Why does it exist?

Zombulian
2013-12-05, 02:08 PM
I... I don't know what to say. I had never heard of that prestige class before... It's... It's... Why does it exist?

Don't forget Fortune's Friend!

Callin
2013-12-05, 02:30 PM
Don't forget Fortune's Friend!

Fortunes Friend is Awesome.

Divayth Fyr
2013-12-05, 02:35 PM
Because the designer desperately needed something to fill up the pages?