PDA

View Full Version : Dragonborn Vassal of Bahamut

Luciandevine
2013-12-04, 09:23 PM
The name says it all guys. I just have a judgement call I'd like to post to you guys, even though I think I already know the answer most people are likely to give.

Would you allow a Dragonborn, who will not wear anything made of any part of a dragon, become a Vassal of Bahamut? One of the primary abilities of the Vassal of Bahamut is it's platinum armor, made from the scales of a slain red dragon, whose color turns to platinum during the creation process?

Chronos
2013-12-04, 09:57 PM
Given that they're both based on devotion to Bahamut, I'd say that someone screwed up on the flavor somewhere. The DM needs to decide that either Bahamut does not object to dragon-parts items, in which case dragonborn can use them, or that Bahamut does object to dragon-parts items, in which case the Vassal gets his armor in some other way. Either decision is justified, but in either case, a dragonborn vassal is fine.

Kelb_Panthera
2013-12-04, 10:17 PM
Dragonborn's distaste for items made of dragon flesh is fluff, not rules, and is likened to the distaste humans have for wearing human skin rather than anything to do with their devotion to Bahamut, IIRC.

Crake
2013-12-04, 11:59 PM
You could just say that the platinum armor is transformed when it is made, into actual metal, and is no longer the organic remains of a dead dragon, but rather metal in that form?

Kelb_Panthera
2013-12-05, 12:50 AM
You could just say that the platinum armor is transformed when it is made, into actual metal, and is no longer the organic remains of a dead dragon, but rather metal in that form?

Or you could fluff it as being willing to do whatever it takes, no matter how distasteful, to bring down Tiamat and her ilk.

vhfforever
2013-12-05, 12:58 AM
Meh. You just have to make the armor, you don't have to wear it.