PDA

View Full Version : Psion/Sorcerer build question

Yogibear41
2013-12-05, 05:32 AM
Assuming I start as a 1st level psion with telepathy discipline (so no precocious apprentice for sorcerer) what is the fastest way for me get 8th level arcane casting and 9th level psion casting?

I specifically need polymorph any object as a spell(can't be a power/psionic) main reason for wanting 8th level arcane spells, if there are other ways to do it. (prefer spontaneous caster hence sorcerer instead of wizard)

AMFV
2013-12-05, 06:27 AM
Assuming I start as a 1st level psion with telepathy discipline (so no precocious apprentice for sorcerer) what is the fastest way for me get 8th level arcane casting and 9th level psion casting?

I specifically need polymorph any object as a spell(can't be a power/psionic) main reason for wanting 8th level arcane spells, if there are other ways to do it. (prefer spontaneous caster hence sorcerer instead of wizard)

You get spontaneous from the Psion side. I mean you no longer have Int synergy, and you can't lose as many levels. On a Theurge build that is pretty much all lose. I would strongly recommend reconsidering.

Otherwise use Sanctum Spell and a Dragonsblood pool and you can get by with 1 level of sorcerer.

Yogibear41
2013-12-05, 06:54 AM
If I did go wizard and started wizard3/psion3 then 10 levels of cerebremancer, I would still only be at 7th level spells/powers for each at level 16, and then up to 9th level on only one by 20, I was almost positive there was some way to get 9th on both by then, I remember reading some way to get 9th on all 3(arc, div, psionic) somewhere

AMFV
2013-12-05, 07:00 AM
If I did go wizard and started wizard3/psion3 then 10 levels of cerebremancer, I would still only be at 7th level spells/powers for each at level 16, and then up to 9th level on only one by 20, I was almost positive there was some way to get 9th on both by then, I remember reading some way to get 9th on all 3(arc, div, psionic) somewhere

No, you'd only go Wizard 1, using Sanctum Spell, then you'd have the ability to cast Spells of 2nd level in your sanctum. So It'd be Psion 3/Wizard 1/Cerebremancer 10/Legacy Champion 6. Casting as a 16th Level Wizard and an 18th Level Psion.

That trick works equally well for Sorcerers, albeit it's less synergy.

Tulya
2013-12-05, 01:37 PM
Mind Mage is an 8/10 progression Arcane/Manifesting dual class from Dragon Magazine that is customarily chained with Cerebremancer, though it will only get you to 15th arcane/17th manifesting progression at 20th for a Psion.
If you're not fixed on playing a Psion, Ardents are traditionally the preferred class for double 9s with manifesting because of their strange rules on power selection.

See: Mind Mage Handbook (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=3171.0)

As for triple 9s, I believe that relies on cheesing the Beholder Mage prestige class' non-level requirements. As long as you're a 'true beholder' and 'put out your central antimagic eye', you qualify immediately.

AMFV
2013-12-05, 01:44 PM
Mind Mage is an 8/10 progression Arcane/Manifesting dual class from Dragon Magazine that is customarily chained with Cerebremancer, though it will only get you to 15th arcane/17th manifesting progression at 20th for a Psion.
If you're not fixed on playing a Psion, Ardents are traditionally the preferred class for double 9s with manifesting because of their strange rules on power selection.

See: Mind Mage Handbook (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=3171.0)

As for triple 9s, I believe that relies on cheesing the Beholder Mage prestige class' non-level requirements. As long as you're a 'true beholder' and 'put out your central antimagic eye', you qualify immediately.

The Legacy Champion still manages to beat that though, if only just.

Fouredged Sword
2013-12-05, 01:48 PM
Psion 9 / Bard 1 / Sublime chord 1 / Cerebremancer 9

You get 18th level psionic manifesting and 9th level sublime chord spells pulled from the sorc/wis or bard list.

You just have to accept that you are a weird singing psion.

Emperor Tippy
2013-12-05, 01:48 PM
Triple 9's is Ardent 1/ Beholder Mage 2/ X 2/Ur-Priest 2/ Mystic Theuge 7/ Ardent 1+ with the Ardent having the Magic Mantle so that he gets the CL 18 of the Beholder Mage turned into ML 18 and thus gets 9th level powers from Mantles.

That allows for Psychic Chiguery and Expanded Knowledge to pick up more (or even all) powers.

There is no way to Triple 9 using any Psionic class but Ardent.