PDA

View Full Version : Non-custom avatar preview?

Lheticus
2013-12-05, 07:21 AM
Not much more than a few minutes ago, I decided I wanted to change my forum avatar from the angry Roy fighter dude avatar to another already provided OOTS avatar. Upon attempting this, I realized that there either isn't a reliable way for me to tell what the avatar I'm selecting will look like without actually changing it, or there is, but it is not one that I can easily locate on this site. I would very much appreciate a resolution to this in either case.

ChristianSt
2013-12-05, 07:49 AM
If found a thread discussing this topic from a year ago: Predefined Avatar List (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256061).

I haven't heard that any changes was made, so basically the only option is to just try them all out until you have found the one you like. There aren't (as of now) any feature that will make that process easier, so probably the fastest method is the one posted by Rawhide:

Currently there is no way to preview all of the avatars like that, sorry. The issue is likely to change in the near-ish future.

For now click on "Quick Links" then "My Profile" to open up your public profile, then change your avatar in a different window and refresh your profile to see what it looks like.

Hamste
2013-12-05, 09:52 AM
Would it be possible for someone to copy what the avatars look like and stick what it is called next to it in a thread for easy viewing or is that against the rules involving TheGiant's artwork?

Cuthalion
2013-12-05, 10:11 AM
Would it be possible for someone to copy what the avatars look like and stick what it is called next to it in a thread for easy viewing or is that against the rules involving TheGiant's artwork?

Someone asked that.... Please do NOT go and compile all of the avatars into a post. This is exactly what we DON'T want. Thanks.

So yeah. It's not going to happen.

Roland St. Jude
2013-12-05, 02:58 PM
Sheriff: I'm going to lock this now before some "helpful" person tries to link or repost them all or some compiled image of all of them or something else that violates intellectual property law, Forum Rules, or Rich's stated preferences on the matter.

There is not presently a better way then the one mentioned by Rawhide and quoted above. There will be in the "near-ish future."