PDA

View Full Version : Bloodlines how do they work?

LordAshenshield
2013-12-05, 11:39 AM
Well I believe my title pretty much asks it all for me.

But really how do they work? Do they work as things like ECL increase or something? I am working on a game with Gestalt rules and thanks to another thread someone suggested Titan Bloodline and I have no past experience with Bloodlines and so I am very curious in case my players want to use those in the future or for their current builds.

Red Fel
2013-12-05, 11:45 AM
Well, here is the SRD on the subject (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/bloodlines.htm).

The gist is that, unlike an LA, which must be taken upfront (but may be bought off), Bloodlines are paid for over time. You must pay the xp cost of a Bloodline, depending on its strength (Minor, Intermediate, or Major) at various intervals.

There is some dispute as to whether these "Bloodline levels" count as character levels (e.g. a person with a Major Bloodline could only reach class level 17, due to three Bloodline levels) or simply xp sinks.

Bloodline levels, in addition to giving bonuses at each level, also grant bonuses to any class abilities based on class level. Basically, if you have a class that says, "Gain +1 to X for every level of this class," Bloodline levels count as levels of that class. So that's very helpful.