PDA

View Full Version : A useful exotic weapon

Greenish
2013-12-05, 12:07 PM
I was just browsing Sandstorm, and paid a bit closer attention to the weapons section. There is a light weapon called manople. The stats on the table are thoroughly unexceptional, but the weapon description is quite interesting.

Two things of note:

It grants 1 shield bonus to AC, and the bonus is not lost when attacking (if you're proficient). This is basically same as Imp. Shield Bash without needing to be proficient with shields.
It can be enhanced as a shield or as a weapon, like a spiked shield. It has base damage of 1d6, so Bashing would bring that up to 2d6.

Now, a feat is a feat, but this could be fairly handy, especially as an alternative to Imp. Shield Bash (unless you're going for further shield feats). Not to mention you don't run into a light weapon with greatsword damage every day.

Norin
2013-12-05, 12:27 PM
Interesting option for a master of masks/chameleon build using gladiator mask and the floating feat for bash.

neat.

Greenish
2013-12-05, 12:29 PM
Interesting option for a master of masks/chameleon build using gladiator mask and the floating feat for bash.You don't need a feat for bash if you're proficient (which you are thanks to the gladiator mask).

Ravens_cry
2013-12-05, 12:30 PM
I doubt the name would go over well in most groups to be honest.

Norin
2013-12-05, 12:34 PM
You don't need a feat for bash if you're proficient (which you are thanks to the gladiator mask).
Ah, right.

It would just be fitting for my half drunk innuendo heavy beer and pretzel group! :smallbiggrin:

Greenish
2013-12-05, 12:46 PM

It would just be fitting for my half drunk innuendo heavy beer and pretzel group! :smallbiggrin:Am I missing something here? :smallconfused:

hymer
2013-12-05, 12:48 PM
Shuffle the 'p' one space left and think like a teenager. :smallwink:

Drachasor
2013-12-05, 12:50 PM
Shuffle the 'p' one space left and think like a teenager. :smallwink:

Or preferably don't.

Talya
2013-12-05, 12:51 PM
"I hit him with my manople!"
"Wait...aren't you playing a woman?"
/cue Arrowsmith music

Telonius
2013-12-05, 01:00 PM
Looks like it's basically a shortsword that can also do piercing damage, that can be enchanted as a shield, and that can't be disarmed. I think it would probably be most useful to a TWF build that wants a bit more AC, or possibly to decrease costs on armor enhancements.

TWF builds are usually pretty feat-intensive, so I'm not sure I'd want to spend one on it; but if you're already a Master of Masks-dipped Rogue walking around with a Gladiator gauntlet at all times, it seems like it might be a decent pick.

Talya
2013-12-05, 01:03 PM
Looks like it's basically a shortsword that can also do piercing damage

Pssst...shortswords are already piercing.

Greenish
2013-12-05, 01:09 PM
Pssst...shortswords are already piercing.

Master of Masks-dipped Rogue walking around with a Gladiator gauntlet at all timesAnd Masters of Mask usually use Gladiator masks, not gauntlets. :smalltongue:

Zubrowka74
2013-12-05, 01:53 PM
"I hit him with my manople!"
"Wait...aren't you playing a woman?"
/cue Aerosmith music

Here, fixed that for you!

Talya
2013-12-05, 02:51 PM
Here, fixed that for you!

Duh. I knew that, too.

Callin
2013-12-05, 03:03 PM
OMG. This weapon is fairly cool as far as Exotics go.

Zubrowka74
2013-12-05, 03:13 PM
Duh. I knew that, too.

OMG, this means it wasn't a typo but trather a witty cross reference between rock music and fantasy RPG ??!?

Talya
2013-12-05, 03:25 PM
OMG, this means it wasn't a typo but trather a witty cross reference between rock music and fantasy RPG ??!?

I wish. No, it was absent-minded typing.

Telonius
2013-12-05, 03:43 PM
Yeah, I should really take my own advice about not posting on 3 hours sleep...