PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Magazine Wizard ACFs

thorr-kan
2013-12-05, 01:23 PM
Since I lack access to most Dragons, I thought I'd mine the hivemind for knowledge.

Is anyone aware of an ACF that trades Scribe Scroll for another feat, or even specifically for Spell Focus?

AstralFire
2013-12-05, 01:27 PM
Since I lack access to most Dragons, I thought I'd mine the hivemind for knowledge.

Is anyone aware of an ACF that trades Scribe Scroll for another feat, or even specifically for Spell Focus?

The only ACF that drops Scribe Scroll which I know of only gets a Fighter bonus feat.

Karnith
2013-12-05, 01:28 PM
This Wizard variant (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#wizard) trades Scribe Scroll for a bonus feat chosen from the Fighter bonus feat list, but I am not aware of an ACF to trade Scribe Scroll directly for Spell Focus.
Yes, yes, Chaos Shuffling.
I will trawl through my issues of Dragon and see if I find anything, though.

Emperor Tippy
2013-12-05, 01:35 PM
Embrace the Dark Chaos + Shun the Dark Chaos lets you trade Scribe Scroll for any other feat that you qualify for (such as Spell Focus).

Kelb_Panthera
2013-12-05, 01:57 PM
I believe the eidetic wizard ACF drops scribe scroll and the familiar in exchange for keeping his spellbook in his head instead of on paper.

Ansem
2013-12-05, 04:39 PM
Not Wizard but Sorcerer, I love their Poltergeist alternative which gives you a fanfare around you at all times by giving up 2 cantrips.

ddude987
2013-12-05, 04:46 PM
Does it have to be dragon mag specifically? there are options in unearthed arcana.. Trade the scribe scroll for any fighter bonus feat. That doesn't get spell focus though, but maybe could replace another feat you have so you can use that feat slot for spell focus

Vortenger
2013-12-06, 01:16 AM
Not Wizard but Sorcerer, I love their Poltergeist alternative which gives you a fanfare around you at all times by giving up 2 cantrips.

Where is this written? It sounds kind of fun.

Bullet06320
2013-12-06, 03:10 AM
I been looking for the same thing myself, I hadn't thought about the trade for fighter feats out of unearthed arcana
I looked at the feats avail, improved initiative, pointblank shot works for ranged spells that need an attack within 30', weapon focus(rays). all look like possible options
exotic weapon profieciency im thinking play a wizard with a whip or lasso, lol

thorr-kan
2013-12-06, 12:04 PM
Does it have to be dragon mag specifically? there are options in unearthed arcana.. Trade the scribe scroll for any fighter bonus feat. That doesn't get spell focus though, but maybe could replace another feat you have so you can use that feat slot for spell focus

Dragon specifically, because Spell Focus is what I'm looking for.

thorr-kan
2013-12-10, 12:24 PM
Well, looks like I'm outta luck with Dragon. Maybe the retraining rules will give me an in.

Thanks, all.