PDA

View Full Version : The Little Assassin's Shop.

Xerillum
2007-01-14, 10:07 PM
In a small shack near the slums, out of goblin turf, there is a little wood shack. They sell a variety of things, like shuriken and daggers and assassin clothes. They also rent out hitmen. Oh, and in case you were wondering, the little assassin's room is down the hall, first door on the left.

Xerillum
2007-01-14, 10:18 PM
Finne leaves the shop.

Renrik
2007-01-17, 01:57 PM
((The Rat King does not accept other assassins on his turf. Beware, lest you find yourself made to dance to your own tune.))

Fualkner Asiniti
2007-01-17, 03:41 PM
((Hey Renrik, where is your assassin guild? I would like to join.)))

Renrik
2007-01-18, 01:41 PM
((Well, actually, to tell the truth... I'm starting to get out of the buisiness. The Guild was shut down after the First Guild war, when the Gufis took power. After that, there wasn't enough conflict going around to keep buisiness alive. The Troupe never really recovered. And Renrik in;t actually all that interested anymore.))

((For the record, you new assassins do all know the assassination rules, right?))

Xerillum
2007-01-20, 02:58 PM
((Yes...Yes I do.)) A man in DragonSkin walks out. (the ceramic body armor. not the actual.) He loads his 9mm and 12 gauge and walks to the docks.

J_Muller
2007-01-21, 09:34 PM
Chase

Looking around, William Chase pushed his sunglasses back up his nose. The wooden building looked nondescript, but he had heard from a contact shortly before he had arranged to be teleported into this town the previous day that this building was the place he should look for equipment appropriate for his trade, and possibly employment. It appeared deserted for now, so he remained across the street, watching from the alleyway. He would not normally have been so careful to wait and meet the shopkeeper, but in such a town as this, there might be established rules dealing with his trade, and he had decided it wouldn't do to be unaware of them.

((OOC: Chase will wait for the shopkeeper to return (going to eat dinner now, check it when I return). I'm new here, and unfamiliar with any assassination rules, so if someone could explain somehow, either IC or OOC, that would help. Thanks in advance.))

Deus Mortus
2007-01-22, 12:38 AM
A small note with the message Target: Captain of the Town Police Verdandi appears and with it a sack with platinum pieces.

((Just an attempt at, not an actual one offcourse, seeing how I don't have permission of Verdandi, just showing the new captain that the new rules are not appreciated by all ;) ))

AmberVael
2007-01-22, 12:41 AM
((Go for it.))

Deus Mortus
2007-01-22, 12:42 AM
((You know this is win-win for me, either the police get hit, or I get to watch a poor hitman completely beaten to a pulp (more likely), god I love being evil! ))

Flabbicus
2007-01-22, 12:44 AM
(This made me realize something. I've never seen anyone besides Renrik successfully use the assassination rules or robbery rules. Maybe I should try them out...)

Deus Mortus
2007-01-22, 12:46 AM
((Where can you find those BTW?))

AmberVael
2007-01-22, 12:49 AM
((The old assassination rules are as follows:
1) You must make a suspicious post within three posts of the target
2) You then PM the target, giving them the method of death and a clue for people to find.
3) The target is generally supposed to accept the assassination, and if they refuse to get assassinated the should agree to get whacked at a later date. Once they agree they die and drop the evidence for the police))

Deus Mortus
2007-01-22, 12:51 AM
((Ah they're similar to a previous forum I RP'ed on, though I ended up killing almost all characters there because I was challenges to, after that the rules were changed :P ))

J_Muller
2007-01-22, 12:53 AM
((OOC: Oh, thanks. I was wondering if there were rules like that, considering that it's not a far stretch for it to be utterly unreasonable to escape some methods of assassination.))

Flabbicus
2007-01-22, 12:53 AM
(Maybe I shouldn't have posted that... I have no ulterior motives whatsoever... nor do I have any reason to be suspected if brains suddenly go missing...

Blame gnomes.)

J_Muller
2007-01-22, 01:25 AM
Chase

Spotting motion, Chase starts walking from the alley to the street in front of the shop, where a bag of coins and a short note has suddenly appeared. Looking around to see no activity in the street, he walks slowly up to the bag, then crouches to pick it and the note up.

Hefting the bag in his left hand, Chase reads the note. Though mildly surprised by the high-profile target, he looks around again and peers into the bag, inspecting its monetary contents.

Pushing his sunglasses up again, he pockets the bag and note. Looking around, though at nothing in particular, he guesses that whoever left the note has taken steps to find out if someone accepts and speaks to thin air.

"As much again upon completion. Deal?"

Deus Mortus
2007-01-22, 01:31 AM
Another note appears, Make sure it's a public venue and people know it's because of the new laws, payment after will be ten times this.

J_Muller
2007-01-22, 01:39 AM
Chase

Picking up the new note, Chase reads it quickly and puts it into his pocket alongside the first note and the money.

"Deal."

Looking around to ensure no one witnessed the previous encounter, he leaves the area in the direction of Trog's Tavern, intending to gather information about his target.

Xerillum
2007-01-22, 06:37 PM
Finne walks into the shop and restocks the shuriken vending machine. He then begins to work on his backlog of dagger cleaning. Darn boss... Making ME do this dirty work... At least I'm not a hitman...

J_Muller
2007-01-22, 06:46 PM
((OOC: Shuriken vending machine? Lawl.))

Xerillum
2007-01-22, 06:58 PM
((Meh. you should see the throwing knife machine.

Timberwolf
2007-01-22, 07:00 PM
Nightstar and Snowraven wander in

"Hi, we're not looking for work but we're always interested in new toys."

Flabbicus
2007-01-22, 07:04 PM
((Meh. you should see the throwing knife machine.

(Technically they are the same thing as Shuriken literally means "dagger in the hand." And can look like a regular dagger as well.)

Xerillum
2007-01-22, 07:09 PM
Wha? mmkay. What are you interested in?

Timberwolf
2007-01-23, 08:44 PM
"toys, you know, fun things"

"Like a Callahan full-bore auto lock with customized trigger double cartridge thorough gauge, you got one of those ?"

"I should just say, she's the one who'll be using it."

Xerillum
2007-01-26, 03:16 PM
Mmkay. with or without laser sight? a man walks out.

Timberwolf
2007-01-26, 04:06 PM
"Oh without please, never did like the factory model."

Xerillum
2007-01-26, 06:14 PM
OK, here you go. He hands her the gun, along with a "2-month bullet supply voucher"

J_Muller
2007-01-29, 09:12 PM
Chase walks in wearing a trenchcoat. His hair is dyed brown as a disguise, and he is wearing his usual mirrored sunglasses. He looks around the store.

Excuse me. Do you sell poisons here?

J_Muller
2007-01-31, 11:13 PM
*Cough*

(Bumping this back up to first page.)

McBish
2007-01-31, 11:16 PM
((Any particular reason why?))

J_Muller
2007-01-31, 11:19 PM
((Because Xerillium hasn't OKd NPCing purchases and he's not always on. I wanted to make sure he sees it.))

Deus Mortus
2007-02-01, 08:09 AM
((PM him about it...))

J_Muller
2007-02-01, 06:06 PM
((I don't want to be annoying about it. He just might not have noticed yet.))

J_Muller
2007-02-03, 02:09 AM
((Bump. I'll do this one more time, then PM him.))

Renrik
2007-02-03, 10:05 PM
((actually, in my (long, long) experience as a town assassin, it's best to PM them in the first place, so nobody kows they got a job until someone ends up dead. Then, nobody knows who paid them, nobody knows who the target is, and nobody can just go check to see if the suspected assassin has had any on-thread conversations about assassinations recently.))

J_Muller
2007-02-03, 10:51 PM
((I'm not hiring. I'm trying to buy something from the shop. Chase, my character, needs it because he's an assassin himself.))

Deus Mortus
2007-02-04, 11:02 AM
(( There's a vendor machine with everything you need just next to you, problem solved :P ))

AmberVael
2007-02-04, 11:11 AM
((I have a better idea, Deus Mortus))

There is a short scream in the back room, and a man who is certainly not Finne comes to the front.
He has an obviously blood covered dagger in one hand, and a few flecks spatter across his otherwise white coat. He smiles and hides the dagger behind his back in casual manner, looking more like he simply has his hands behind his back.
"Can I help you?"

Deus Mortus
2007-02-04, 11:18 AM
(( Call me Deus or DM, easier ))

J_Muller
2007-02-04, 11:29 PM
Raising an eyebrow, Chase subtly moved his left hand closer to his back pocket, pushing his sunglasses farther up on his face and smiling at the same time.

"Yes. I require a substance, capable of being absorbed through the skin, which produces lethal effects. Would you happen to have such a poison?"

AmberVael
2007-02-05, 12:08 PM
The man sighs and drops his knife on the counter, then rumages through a small box under the counter. He pulls out four vials and points to the first.
"This is Nitharit. Easy enough to resist, but on a weaker man it might work well."
He points at the next.
"Sassone leaf residue. Harder to resist, but the kill is less certain."
The third he smiles at and toys with a lttle.
"Black lotus extract. Very hard to resist, and almost certain of killing someone."
He conveniently fails to mention the fourth vial.

J_Muller
2007-02-05, 07:50 PM
"Hmm. If I might ask, what's the last one?"

AmberVael
2007-02-05, 07:57 PM
"This? Oh... just a very, very expensive poison that I make myself. I can't tell you where I get it, or how I make it, but I can guarantee a death on almost anyone not immune to poison."
He smiles and continues to clasp his hand behind his back.

Xerillum
2007-02-05, 08:03 PM
Finne bursts out of the back room, a loose piece of duct tape hanging off his mouth. He throws the man out the door, Detroit-style.

AmberVael
2007-02-05, 08:05 PM
The man wonders where Finne had come from, and just exactly who that person was who he had slaughtered in the back. With a curse he snaps up his own special vial of poison and runs.
Incidentally, there is one less theiving hobo in the streets.

Xerillum
2007-02-05, 08:14 PM
Finne begins sharpening his katana to a sharp point, and begins to refill the poison resevoir. He pulls on a bulletproof vest with ceramic inserts and chanmail, with a black cloak on top, and leaves, flipping the "open" sign to "closed".

J_Muller
2007-02-05, 09:00 PM
Chase watches the man be kicked out of the store, and is slightly surprised that the apparent owner decided to leave him in there alone. Putting a glove onto his right hand, he picks up the vial of black lotus extract, slipping it into his pocket. Deciding it's not a good idea to piss off the guy with all the poisons, he leaves payment in platinum coins on the counter before stepping out.

Xerillum
2007-02-06, 02:28 PM
A warforged takes the coins.

Rainspattered
2007-03-09, 07:53 PM
"I am here to procure an assassin," Yoritomo's habitual formal mercantile coming through. Old habits die hard, the samurai sighs. "Some of my. . . constituents. . . have reccomended those of a certain order, for discretion and efficiency. I'm looking for an assassin of the Stiletto Guild. A middle or high rank in the guild is preferable; they'll be hunting a large, important target. Due to this target's importance, I'd like it kept in discretion to all save the assassin, if you understand?" he says, his courtier's voice taking on a shady, suspicious tone naturally. Any attempts to detect falsehood in his commanding, convincing voice will fail; he is telling the truth.

AmberVael
2007-03-09, 07:54 PM
As the shop is closed, it may normally have been hard for him to actually hire someone.
However-
There is a glimmering in the air, and an illusion of Aesa appears.
You don't need the Stiletto guild.

Rainspattered
2007-03-09, 08:20 PM
((He's knocking at the door and speaking very loudly, hoping the "closing" is a ruse.))
"I assure you, sir, I do," Yoritomo says. "I'm unable to explain why at this time, but it is imperative I hire a member of their guild."

Raistlin1040
2007-03-09, 08:22 PM
A young humanoid runs in.
"Me bosses don't like it when there's so much competition 'round their areas. If you need an assassin, you should talk to them."

AmberVael
2007-03-09, 08:22 PM
You're not going to find them here. However, I assure you I am far more skilled than they ever will be.
Aesa privately wonders who the Stilleto Guild is, then glares at the young man.
Beat it kid.

Raistlin1040
2007-03-09, 08:25 PM
The boy laughs and holds his ground
"No. I've seen way scarier things than an illusion of a girl."

AmberVael
2007-03-09, 08:29 PM
The illusion raises her rod and sends a very real blast of force at the kid to knock him over.

Raistlin1040
2007-03-09, 08:31 PM
The kid takes the hit but holds still.
"Why don't you beat it?"

AmberVael
2007-03-09, 08:34 PM
Because I could kill you by snapping my fingers, and I am therefore more skilled for the job.

J_Muller
2007-03-09, 08:35 PM
((I'm starting to wonder how exactly one does contact the Stiletto Guild. All they've done so far, to my knowledge, is blow up the rally, try to blow up the Federation HQ, and kill a random gobbo. Xerillum hasn't even bothered to make a HQ thread for them.))

Raistlin1040
2007-03-09, 08:37 PM
"I'm fairly certain just one of my bosses could kill you easily enough. They both are incredibly skilled killers."

AmberVael
2007-03-09, 08:38 PM
((Erm... J...
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36998
Yeah))

Aesa smirks.
Don't make me laugh. I fight gods for my amusement.

Raistlin1040
2007-03-09, 08:39 PM
"They kill gods for their amusement."
(They do, acually)

J_Muller
2007-03-09, 08:41 PM
((Erm... J...
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36998
Yeah))

((...is that supposed to be their headquarters? Because it doesn't say that anywhere in the thread... eh. I suppose Chase will have to examine that area a bit closer.))

AmberVael
2007-03-09, 08:42 PM
Aesa smiles and leans closer.
Tell me. Who is more powerful: someone who cleanly kills a god, or someone who toys with them on a regular basis and yet has not been harmed by them?
I can kill. I can kill a god if I desire. But that isn't half as fun as tormenting them is.

((^: DUDE! READ!))

In the center of the street, next to trog's, is a red brick plaza, with the usual trees, benches, and Stiletto Guild assassins.

Raistlin1040
2007-03-09, 08:43 PM
The boy flickers for a second, revealing a bright silver featureless body.
Damn. It would seem my cover has been blown. As well, I guess the bosses will have to live without this job.
He leaves.

AmberVael
2007-03-09, 08:44 PM
((If something has been changed from normal, you should state that when they appear.
LOTS of people have trueseeing on permanently.
Like Aesa))

Aesa rolls her eyes.

J_Muller
2007-03-09, 08:45 PM
((YEAH. I READ IT. Just because they're there doesn't mean it's their headquarters.

Also, yeah, there are a lot of people who can tell when something's not what it appears. Chase, for example, has an ESP-like perception ability that allows him to sense when something around him is in disguise, or someone is lying or about to harm him.))

Raistlin1040
2007-03-09, 08:48 PM
((My bad. I had to figure out a way to kill him, but I didn't want to reduce my flawless assassins to killing a schoolboy for failing a mission.))

AmberVael
2007-03-09, 08:49 PM
((Sorry, it just seems really obvious to me (though I admit I could be wrong) that- even if it isn't their headquarters- it is where they are.
Which is probably where you want to be, no?))

J_Muller
2007-03-09, 08:52 PM
((it is where they are.
Which is probably where you want to be, no?))

((Probably true.))

Dartonus
2007-03-09, 08:56 PM
The Panda Bandit walks in and plunks a note on the table.
Any Targets?

Rainspattered
2007-03-09, 09:03 PM
((I saw that, but I'm being a good boy and trying not to metagame. I mean, they're there, but I doubt they have, you know, Matching "SG" Jackets or anything.))

AmberVael
2007-03-09, 09:04 PM
((Yeah, they probably don't have a death wish, like Aesa.
She is rather obvious. She just relies on her reputation to dissuade and throw off attackers as opposed to stealth))

Xerillum
2007-03-09, 09:42 PM
((Well, they're supposed to be a very very secret fluid organization. They won't have a warehouse with a big neon sign: "Stilletto Guild" You can reach them by private courier, though. [PM]))

AmberVael
2007-03-09, 09:45 PM
((Oh man, I have to give Aesa a big magical sign that says "ASSASSIN FOR HIRE" now))