PDA

View Full Version : are bags of holding and heward's haversack the only way..

dehro
2013-12-06, 05:49 AM
for a character low on strength to carry anything more than his clothes/armor and weapon??

I've found the ring of arming, which at a steep price allows you to put your armor and weapon in the ring.. but it seems expensive and not very flexible. (though it IS a great item)
is there anything else out there that will do the trick?

Bullet06320
2013-12-06, 05:54 AM
portable hole, just don't put your bag of holding in it

Darrin
2013-12-06, 05:58 AM
Armor with the Easy Travel property (+1500 GP, MIC) or the Belt of the Wide Earth (8000 GP, MIC) will both double your carrying capacity.

Or, well, mule + saddlebags only costs 12 GP.

Skysaber
2013-12-06, 05:58 AM
What class?

A barbarian can carry more if he rages. A druid can wildshape into something stronger. Buying a pack mule is probably the best option overall for low level.

I am very fond of Tenser's Floating Disk as a means to carry extra gear/loot. A custom magic item offering a continual one will carry 100lbs and cost 2,000gp, although the spell itself gets increasingly scrumptious as you go up in levels, as few people throwing about 4th or 5th level spells will miss a first level slot, and by then it should carry 2 fully equipped half orc barbarians as well as their gear, and last nearly the full adventuring day (and the full 8 hours you are allowed to work, once boosted by a lesser metamagic rod of Extend, which you should be getting anyway).

dehro
2013-12-06, 05:59 AM
the class is warlock

portable hole, just don't put your bag of holding in it

been there.. sort of done that.. a wild githyanki fortress appeared :smallamused:

also, thanks

Skysaber
2013-12-06, 06:06 AM
You have UMD as a class skill and a high Cha. Buy/obtain a few scrolls of Beget Bogun, and have your flying magical minions garb you in your gear as befits your situation.

(snaps fingers) "Bwana! Bring me a rope!"

Bullet06320
2013-12-06, 06:28 AM
been there.. sort of done that.. a wild githyanki fortress appeared :smallamused:

also, thanks

lol, sounds like a good story, can I get sum more details on that one?

dehro
2013-12-06, 07:19 AM
lol, sounds like a good story, can I get sum more details on that one?

my dwarven cleric forgot to take off his handy haversack before entering the wizard's bolthole.
the subsequent explosion resulted in a tear in the multiverse opening a portal on another plane and the world being invaded by several Githyanki flying fortresses. my cleric lost an arm in the process and was killed not long after that. I then made a bugbear barbarian who died in 2 sessions flat.. and am now putting together the final details on my warlock character.
which will be used to try and fix the situation with the githyanki before we go back to confronting the BBEG who is currently dominating/corrupting/poisoning most of the known world.
we're between a rock and a hard place.. and the place inbetween those two has dinosaurs.

Fouredged Sword
2013-12-06, 12:54 PM
I am partial to an eternal wand of hoard gullet for storing small items. Nothing like spitting a potion into your mouth, opening the stopper with your mouth, and knocking it back. Great for potions like short range teleports or other nice get out of jail cards.

Rubik
2013-12-06, 01:15 PM
How about an eternal wand of Shrink Item? At 2 uses per day (and caster level 5), you can have 10 items shrunk at once before your items start re-expanding.

Also, giving your items the ghost touch property (+4,000 gp, I believe), and getting a necklace of natural weapons with the ghost touch property (or a monk and a ghost touch weapon crystal) means that all of your items are incorporeal at all times, so they weigh nothing.

Particle_Man
2013-12-06, 07:08 PM
A fairly cheap option: Masterwork Backpack (in Pathfinder) is 50 gp and you treat your str as +1 for the purpose of encumbrance. Assuming your DM doesn't mind this item from Pathfinder's Advanced Player's Guide.