PDA

View Full Version : [PF/3.X] Demons controling demons

The Insanity
2013-12-06, 12:03 PM
In my games there's this Demon Lord who hates females, succubi in particular. Because of that in his army there's this thing called The Whore Legion - a couple thousand succubi (plus some greater succubi/Lilithu) that are used as cannon fodder in battles.
Now, on one hand, as I said they're cannon fodder. OTOH the Demon Lord hates them very much. That means controlling them so they won't just desert from the army shouldn't be too resource consuming, but at the same time also relatively effective.
Any ideas how it could be done?
I guess somehow removing their teleporting ability would be a good idea, but I kinda wanted them to be forced into teleporting right into the middle of enemy forces as a surprise attack before the actual strike.
Another thought I had is that all of them could have their wings crippled.

The Insanity
2013-12-11, 02:33 AM
Bump. jjjjjjjjj

AMFV
2013-12-11, 02:35 AM
In my games there's this Demon Lord who hates females, succubi in particular. Because of that in his army there's this thing called The Whore Legion - a couple thousand succubi (plus some greater succubi/Lilithu) that are used as cannon fodder in battles.
Now, on one hand, as I said they're cannon fodder. OTOH the Demon Lord hates them very much. That means controlling them so they won't just desert from the army shouldn't be too resource consuming, but at the same time also relatively effective.
Any ideas how it could be done?
I guess somehow removing their teleporting ability would be a good idea, but I kinda wanted them to be forced into teleporting right into the middle of enemy forces as a surprise attack before the actual strike.
Another thought I had is that all of them could have their wings crippled.

No reason to cripple their wings, Just given him levels of Thrallherd, or make him control them through fear, that's pretty standard for the abyss, fear is the key here, if they're more afraid of him than they are wanting to be free, they'll serve him.

Envyus
2013-12-11, 03:07 AM
Kind of sounds like Kostchtchie the Demon prince of Wrath. He is a horrible misogynist and despite being a tanar'ri himself he hates other tanar'ri demons. (The main reason was this hate was that he was tricked by a succubus.) Enslaving a legion of Succubi then using them as canon fodder seems in character for him.

He has two main goals in life. Conquering every inch of his Abyssal layer (Impossible because the Iron Wastes are infinite in size.) and killing all tanar'ri. (Also impossible because there are an infinite amount of them)

AMFV
2013-12-11, 03:10 AM
Kind of sounds like Kostchtchie the Demon prince of Wrath. He is a horrible misogynist and despite being a tanar'ri himself he hates other tanar'ri demons. (The main reason was this hate was that he was tricked by a succubus.) Enslaving a legion of Succubi then using them as canon fodder seems in character for him.

He has two main goals in life. Conquering every inch of his Abyssal layer (Impossible because the Iron Wastes are infinite in size.) and killing all tanar'ri. (Also impossible because there are an infinite amount of them)

He also gets a Thrall class and a complete write up in one of the Dragon Magazines, it's definitely worth a look.

The Insanity
2013-12-11, 03:38 AM
It's not him.

Erik Vale
2013-12-11, 04:46 AM
Have him use some means to learn their true name [intimidation+outsiders already knowing their true name, vary as needed], then give them orders using their true name.

Also gives a bite back if the players can learn the names of some succubi, as they may be happy to help, or just flee as far as they can.