PDA

View Full Version : Forum acting slow

FinnLassie
2013-12-06, 12:14 PM
Heya.

For the past couple of days the forum has started to act rather slow for me, taking about 15 seconds to a minute to load a page. I don't really know what the problem could be as my browser is up to date and there shouldn't be anything wrong with our network either as all other websites work fine.

// Welp, it takes some threads more than a minute to load.

Tried clearing cache to see if that has any effect - nope.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Cuthalion
2013-12-06, 12:54 PM
Heya.

For the past couple of days the forum has started to act rather slow for me, taking about 15 seconds to a minute to load a page. I don't really know what the problem could be as my browser is up to date and there shouldn't be anything wrong with our network either as all other websites work fine.

// Welp, it takes some threads more than a minute to load.

Tried clearing cache to see if that has any effect - nope.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Could it be Scottish power?

FinnLassie
2013-12-06, 01:17 PM
Could it be Scottish power?

... How? :smallconfused:

Cuthalion
2013-12-06, 01:36 PM
... How? :smallconfused:

Storms can knock down lines and such. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-25249576)

FinnLassie
2013-12-06, 02:03 PM
Storms can knock down lines and such. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-25249576)

This started before the storm (which hit at Thursday early hours). Latest at Wednesday noon.

Rawhide
2013-12-06, 06:41 PM
No idea why, it is loading fast for me!

Rawhide
2013-12-06, 07:49 PM
Actually, maybe this was related to the ImageShack issues in the other recent thread?

FinnLassie
2013-12-07, 05:29 AM
I really don't know. The entire forum is jamming for me, not just threads where people have avatars hosted on imageshack.

*then again, doesn't know much about this sort of stuff*

Studoku
2013-12-07, 05:11 PM
Try some other websites. If they're running slowly then the problem's on your end.

Site's been fine for me lately btw. Even on new comic days.

FinnLassie
2013-12-10, 11:19 AM
Try some other websites. If they're running slowly then the problem's on your end.

Site's been fine for me lately btw. Even on new comic days.

I've been on a loooot of websites. Only a couple have gone somewhat slowly, but they've been sites I visited for the first time so I can't really know where the issue lied. Can't even remember those sites anymore.

This could possibly have to do with how all the imageshack avatars are still basically loading as slow as ever or not at all, but I don't know if that's enough of a reason to pull down the speed for the entire forum? :smallconfused:

FinnLassie
2013-12-14, 03:57 PM
Well, the forum is still a tad slow on occasion, but it only takes max 5 seconds to load things at the slowest (compared to when it sometimes took 5 minutes a couple of days ago) and that is a rare occurrence. All the avatars seem to be working too, so my best guess is that imageshack's issues somehow managed to slow down the forums for me quite a bit. *shrug* Or something completely else. :smallconfused:

Anyways: Problem solved. For now. :smalltongue: