2013-12-06, 01:12 PM
Which ones are worth it?

Red Fel
2013-12-06, 01:41 PM
My favorite Rogue ACF is Swordsage. :smallwink:

SciChronic
2013-12-06, 01:42 PM
Penetrating Strike is one of the best

Feat Rogue if you're dipping for the skill points and don't care for the actual features

FinnDarkblade
2013-12-06, 01:48 PM
Penetrating Strike is one of the best

Pretty much this if you don't want to be useless against some fairly popular types of enemies.

*edit* Of course if money is no object then you could pick up those Truedeath and Golemstrike items from the MIC.

DEMON
2013-12-06, 01:54 PM
My favorite Rogue ACF is Swordsage Factotum. :smallwink:

FTFY :smallwink:

(Lightbringer) Penetrating Strike is a good option, Death's Ruin is more limited, but works for archery, so does Disruptive Attack.

Changelings, Goliaths, Halflings and Kobolds have some nice substitution levels if you happen to be of that particular race.

OldTrees1
2013-12-06, 02:22 PM
Wilderness Rogue should be considered. (Different skills, Camouflage & Hide in Plain Sight as Special abilities options)

Curmudgeon
2013-12-06, 06:53 PM
Wilderness Rogue should be considered. (Different skills, Camouflage & Hide in Plain Sight as Special abilities options)
Usually not, I'm afraid. You can't get Hide in Plain Sight before level 13 with Wilderness Rogue, and that's awfully late. (If you're building a character to start at level 13+ that's different, of course.)

If you're playing in Forgotten Realms, the Faerūn-only version of Dark Creature template in Cormyr: The Tearing Of The Weave (page 152) is worth picking up. That's a template rather than an ACF, but gives you Supernatural Hide in Plain Sight for just LA+1, which you can buy off at class level 3. It only works half the time (never in daylight, alas), but it's pretty useful if you're exploring dungeons or make daylight your normal sleeping rather than adventuring time. Otherwise, you're stuck with all the requirements (Mobility armor enhancement and whatnot) to go for a 1-level dip into Shadowdancer at level 8. Hide in Plain Sight is very useful for a Rogue, and the fact that it's not a class feature is one of the many ways that WotC abused the class.

Useful ACFs for the Rogue include Lightbringer Penetrating Strike (Expedition to Castle Ravenloft, page 208) rather than the Dungeonscape Penetrating Strike, Uncanny Bravery (Dragon Magic, page 14) to counteract the fear penalty from Craven, and Spell Reflection (Complete Mage, page 35) — but only if you're picking up evasion from some other source.

Corinath
2013-12-06, 08:13 PM
Look at this delightful handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8711233)

+1 to Penetrating Strike. I also took Poison Use, as I had craft poison and no intention of trap finding.

Vaz
2013-12-06, 08:29 PM
A Changeling Rogue gets a huge amount of skill points (10+Int; usually around 14+, meaning 12-16 Skills at first level.) Combined with Racial Substitution feat, you can appear as a Rilkan; at 3rd level, pick up a Bardic Knowledge ability. So not only do you get huge skill bonuses for all them niche tricks (Forgery, etc, you're Int focused), but you can pick up "Side Quest" as a class feature (in other words, free XP, in campaigns I run; essentially ending as a gold sink, or something a little different).

Note, that's a DM dependant ability however; YMMV, but I tend to make sure that if you have that ability, and make use of it frequently, that Bardic Knowledge check on the background to the story of the comings and goings of ghostly beings at the old abandoned fort outside of town (picked up Gather Information; again; "Side Quest" as a skill), will probably earn you something; possible a nice little weapon, or an NPC ally you can call on for favours, Oracle-lite etc.

Waker
2013-12-07, 02:58 AM
Spell Sense from Complete Mage, because how often do you get attacked by traps compared to being attacked with a spell?