PDA

View Full Version : "Your kung-fu is not strong enough..." [PrC]

Maerok
2007-01-15, 09:29 AM
Wuxia Master

For every fighting style there is another more grandiose than the last. And when you do get to that last, you will find Wuxia, the art of supreme combat. For them, the world is a stage to unleash their epic power upon those who wish to dishonor them. A wuxia master is a powerful ally or foe, employing physical and metaphysically power beyond belief.

HD: d8.
Alignment: Any lawful.
Prerequisites: Flurry of blows class ability, Improved Sunder, Improved Bullrush, +30 ft. unarmored speed bonus., Improved Evasion class ability

Class Skills
The wuxia master’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Escape Artist (Dex), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), and Tumble (Dex).

Skill Points at Each Level
2 + Int modifier.

Wuxia Master
{table=head]Level|Base Attack[br]Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+2|
+2|
+2|Run on Walls, Weightless Resolve

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+3|
+3|Megaton Fist

3rd|
+2|
+3|
+3|
+3|Crushing Fist

4th|
+3|
+4|
+4|
+4|Slow Motion

5th|
+3|
+4|
+4|
+4|Through the Wall

6th|
+4|
+5|
+5|
+5|Force Wave

7th|
+5|
+5|
+5|
+5|Mind over Matter

8th|
+6|
+6|
+6|
+6|Greater Bullrush

9th|
+6|
+6|
+6|
+6|Truefist

10th|
+7|
+7|
+7|
+7|One Million Fists
[/table]

This prestige class stacks with Monk levels to determine Flurry of Blows, unarmed damage, and improved speed bonus.

Once you exit the Wuxia Master progression, you may not continue it.

Class Abilities

Run on Walls
You gain a Climb speed of 30 feet, but you must start and end your movement on the ground.

Weightless Resolve
You gain the benefit of Water Walk at will as a supernatural ability. However, you are actually walking on the surfaces (making contact) rather than hovering an inch or two above.

Megaton Fist
Whenever you threaten a critical, your opponent is affected by an effect equivalent to a *forceful hand* effect (but physical; no SR or save).

Crushing Fist
Add your Wisdom bonus to your Sunder attempts against objects and buildings. Once per day, you may ignore any object or building's hardness (may be combined with Through the Wall).

Slow Motion
Haste 1 round/day per class level

Through the Wall
When bullrushing an opponent, if the enemy contacts a wall or other solid obstruction and takes damage from Greater Bullrush (at least 2d6), you make an automatic sunder attempt against the wall with a +4 bonus to attack and damage for every size category of the creature after Small.

Force Wave
You may make a ranged touch attack against all creatures within a 20' cone. Those you strike take force damage equal to your unarmed damage. A roll of natural 20 allows you to use your Megaton Fist ability against that creature.

Mind over Matter
Once per encounter, when damaged, you may make a Concentration check (DC equal to damage). If successful, the damage is nullified. Any energy damage or other effects stemming from the source of that damage are canceled as well.

Greater Bullrush
Your opponents are moved back twice as far when bullrushed normally or by your Megaton Fist class ability. If they are moved against a wall, they take 1d6 damage per 5 feet they couldn't be moved back.

Truefist
True Strike 1/encounter

One Million Fists
Once per day, You may add up to four additional attacks to your flurry of blows at the lowest attack bonus among your standard flurry of blows attacks. These additional attacks must be made as unarmed attacks. Each additional attack uses the lowest attack roll of these additional attacks.
acks.

Penguinizer
2007-01-15, 11:04 AM
Theres a reson why this reminds me of making a kung-fu movie character

Closet_Skeleton
2007-01-15, 11:21 AM
It's too monk specific and therefore limits the common Jian (longsword) wielding Wuxia characters. The prerequisites seem like you're tempered them to only allow a certain level monk to access the class. The Complete Adventurer Ninja (not that I really like that class) should at least be able to enter.

Perhaps change the prerequisites and give it a few choices for non-unarmed characters. Or make the whole class choice based but give some of the more powerful abilities level prerequisites.

I think that slow motion ability would be cooler if it was like this:

Once per day per class level, you may use this ability at the begining of the round. You may make a standard action before all other characters have acted. You still get to make as many actions as you would normally be allowed to make on your own initiative.

That just seems slightly more movie-like than just getting extra speed.

Maerok
2007-01-15, 03:04 PM
I like the alternative Slow Motion, but I'll probably change it around a bit to include dodging projectiles.

Perhaps even a clutch of orcus to replicate a heart rip. (IIRC there's an Assassin spell like that)

I'm tempted to stat out an Agent after making this. :smallcool:

Fizban
2007-01-15, 03:11 PM
Why does the lv5 ability Through the Wall require the lv8 ability Greater Bullrush before you can use it?

Maerok
2007-01-15, 03:29 PM
Because I rearranged all the abilities from how I originally had them. Shot out of scene, like the movies... :smalltongue:

elliott20
2007-01-16, 11:13 AM
hmm... this is a cool looking class. My only problem is the label. This seems like a very specific fighting style and doesn't really encapsulate all the other wuxia masters out there.

retool the name a little bit and we have a winner.

Yakk
2007-01-16, 11:36 AM
Once per day, You may add up to four additional attacks to your flurry of blows at the lowest attack bonus among your standard flurry of blows attacks. These additional attacks must be made as unarmed attacks. Each additional attack uses the lowest attack roll of these additional attacks.

So there is a problem here.

Suppose you have +15 BaB. Your 4 1 million fists happens at +5 BaB.

Now you gain 1 BaB. Now your 4 1 million fists happens at +1 BaB. Your character gained BaB, and got worse at using this ability.

Just make the attacks at -10 or -15.

Penguinizer
2007-01-16, 11:38 AM
I was tempted to say that force wave should straight off be called hadoken but I read it more closely and they are different.

elliott20
2007-01-16, 04:01 PM
I was tempted to say that force wave should straight off be called hadoken but I read it more closely and they are different.
yeah, it's the Marvel Vs. Capcom version.