PDA

View Full Version : Realm of Tinderhall

Pages : [1] 2 3

Deus Mortus
2007-01-15, 10:01 AM
Within this realm reality is bound to Tinderhall he can do almost anything he want here, the main room (blue) and the plaza around it (yellow) are public grounds and everyone is allowed in, for the rest you need permission by Tinderhall. Tinderhall lives here and will doublepost.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/DeusMOrtus/Tinderhall/Floorplans0resize.jpg

When visitors first arrive (anyone who can may) they port in at the lowest spine of the yellow surface. The yellow surface looks like black marble and the black looks like black water. In front of you is an enormous spire surrounded by 9 smaller ones, on top of the smaller ones are giant portals who seem to channel energy towards the main spire. When you enter the large spire you come into an enormous room filled with carious golems working on whatever task is at hand, at the back of the room is a giant black wall, when you touch it it ripples, but you can't pass through unless invited. You see no stairs or doors anywhere, but if you have permission to enter a certain part of the realm you can teleport there by simply thinking about it.

Small Spire one seems to channel the energy's of the Fundamental Plane of Chaos, infront of it is a small black portal, when you are allowed to enter, it turns see through and you see a large room through it, it's the library.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/DeusMOrtus/Tinderhall/Floorplans1resize.jpg

Each room is about 1 mile in diameter and 10 miles high, the walls and floor are filled with giant bookcases filled with tomes, the first room is filled with books about minor magic and each other room holds information a bit more powerfull, meaning room 1 holds the least powerfull magic and room 10 the most powerfull. You are only allowed inside of the rooms to which you have permission else you encounter a dark wall that ripples when you touch it but you cannot pass through. You can choose to either browse the books or simply declare you would like information on a certain subject, if you do the letter the books about that subject appear in front of you, when you are doen reading them they return to their normal place.

Small Spire two seems to channel the energy's of the Fundamental Plane of Law, infront of it is a small black portal, when you are allowed to enter, it turns see through and you see a large room through it, it's the armory.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/DeusMOrtus/Tinderhall/Floorplans2resize.jpg

The large yellow surface is a training area, it's filled with fighting golems, the red circle is a small tent where you can take a rest and refresh yourself in between training, the grey circle is a large ominous golem who is able to produce smaller golems to train against, you need to supply the materials yourself and the golems may only exist within that room. The brown rectangles are racks filled with weapons, #1 is filled with low technology melee weapons (swords, maces, staffs, etc.), #2 is filled with low technology ranged weapons (bows, crossbows, shuriken, etc.), # 3 and 4 are the high tech equivelants of 1 and 2 and are filled with handguns, laserblades, chainsaws, etc. #5 is filled with various weapons like smoke bombs and nets.

The red rectangles are shelves filled with books about weaponry, strategy's and the like, they are ordered in complication, rack #1 being for novices and rack #5 for grandmasters.

Small Spire three seems to channel the energy's of the Fundamental Plane of Evil, infront of it is a small black portal, when you are allowed to enter, it turns see through and you see a large room through it, it's the magic workshop.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/DeusMOrtus/Tinderhall/Floorplans3resize.jpg

It's a round room with a workbench around the edges with tools to brew potions and craft various enchantments and magic items.

Small Spire four seems to channel the energy's of the Fundamental Plane of Good, infront of it is a small black portal, when you are allowed to enter, it turns see through and you see a large room through it, it's the smithy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/DeusMOrtus/Tinderhall/Floorplans4resize.jpg

It's a round room with workbenches around the edges and a large smithing fire (yellow) it has all the tools needed to create weapons and armor.

Small Spire five seems to channel the energy's of the Fundamental Axiomatic Plane, infront of it is a small black portal, when you are allowed to enter, it turns see through and you see a large room through it, it's not clear what the function of it is.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/DeusMOrtus/Tinderhall/Floorplans5resize.jpg

In the middle of the room is a puddle, it seems like water, but you can see a lot of movement from different colours underneath it, although it is a small pool it never seems to become quiet and there are constantly small waves and trickles within it, if you try to touch it, you will be stopped by an invicible force.

Small Spires 6 through 9 seem to channel the energy's from the Fundamental Elemental Planes in front of all of them is a small black portal, when you are allowed to enter, it turns see through and you see a large round room through it, they are all summoning chambers.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-15, 11:40 AM
Satisfied with the work done, Tinderhall instructs the golems to guard the place and to keep it clean, he then teleports to Trog's Tavern.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-15, 12:57 PM
A creature in a cloak appear in front of the main room, it looks like a human, except a bit hunched over, he runs towards the entrance and bursts in breaking the grand door screaming, "TINHAH, YORG COME HOME!" and jumps a bit around waiting, when after a few moment Tinderhall doesn't appear he grouches and sits in a corner, not shortly after that the golems start fixing the door again and Yorg watches with childlike interest hsi beady eyes following all the movements.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-15, 02:36 PM
Tinderhall comes in and sees the broken door and the golems repairing it

AmberVael
2007-01-15, 02:37 PM
Catherine comes through Tinderhall's portal and looks around.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-15, 02:40 PM
Tinderhall walks towards the broken door with quizical look , but before he reaches it he is bullrushes by Yorg, Yay Tinhah is hom, Yorg Happy!, before Tinderhall can do anything he is pinned to the ground by Yorg, when Yorg was bullrushing his cloak fell of and shows a Half-Orc with beady childish eyes and large broad smile.

AmberVael
2007-01-15, 02:43 PM
Catherine is unsure exactly what is going on, but the green light on her mage system begins to blink very slowly as she gets ready to use it.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-15, 02:46 PM
What the, Yorg you simple primate how the hell did you survive for this long, get the hell of me before I blow your head to bits! Yorg happy to see Tinhah too!, Yorg jumps of of Tinderhall and notices Catherine, Who is redhair lady?

AmberVael
2007-01-15, 02:49 PM
Catherine Beckett. She looks between the two.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-15, 02:53 PM
I'm sorry Catherine, Yorg is an odl aqcuaintance of mine, I did not realise he survived for all these years, let alone that he would be here, Tinderhall turns around to Yorg, Yorg, how about you go count all the golems that would really help me...

Yay Yorg go help Tinhah, Yorg go count Golems!

Sorry for that, that should keep him busy for a while, let's go to the library, just close your eyes and think about teleporting to the library it should work right away, you don't need to do any magic this place does this for you.

AmberVael
2007-01-15, 02:54 PM
Just think about going to the library? Catherine focuses on it like she has been trained to do, and probably teleports away.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-15, 02:55 PM
Tinderhall and Catherine pop up in the middle of the first room of the library it's walls span 10 miles high and it's a mile in diameter completely filled with books.

AmberVael
2007-01-15, 02:57 PM
Whoa. Catherine looks from one side to the other, wondering just how many books there are.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-15, 03:00 PM
Don't worry there is no need to search it all, just say what subject you would like to read about.

AmberVael
2007-01-15, 03:01 PM
Hmm... why don't we just start with magic?

Deus Mortus
2007-01-15, 03:03 PM
You might want to narrow that down a bit, how about this? I want to read books for starting a magic career!

Out of nowhere several books appear and a small desk to read them on, they include titles like "Starting Wizardry", "Prestidigitations and Cantrips", but also titles like "1000 things not to do with magic" and "fashionable wizard robes through the ages".

AmberVael
2007-01-15, 03:06 PM
Catherine shakes her head at the titles, still unused to this. She hesitantly picks one of them up and looks through it, sitting down at the desk.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-15, 03:07 PM
Take your time to read them, I recommend Prestidigitations and Cantrips as a first read and remember you can come here whenever you want.

AmberVael
2007-01-15, 03:11 PM
Catherine nods, a bit absorbed in the book already.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-15, 03:13 PM
Tinderhall stacks a few of the most important books and places them next to Catherine and summons a tome for himself and starts reading while also keeping an eye on Catherine for when she needs help.

AmberVael
2007-01-15, 03:16 PM
Catherine frowns at the book, obviously confused by some of it, but does not stop reading. She slowly reaches her hand down to turn off her MAGE system while still reading.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-15, 03:18 PM
Tinderhall summons one of the golems and whispers to him as not to disturb Catherine, "Bring in some food and drinks and prepare a guestroom for the lady"

AmberVael
2007-01-15, 03:21 PM
Catherine looks over the book a little more while going over what she did yesterday in the back of her mind. She puts the pebble on the desk.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-15, 03:23 PM
Tinderhall watches with interest, Catherine had already surprised him with a fast control over the magic, he wonders is she perhaps has the sorcerer spark and is naturally attuned to magic, in that case he might have to look for some training methods for sorcerers.

AmberVael
2007-01-15, 03:26 PM
Catherine thinks about the problem she ran into the day before- simply her own lack of faith in this. She tries to connect with the magic she had felt before, wondering how she would overcome her disbelief.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-15, 03:28 PM
Again Tinderhall braces to guide Catherine once she made a connection

AmberVael
2007-01-15, 03:31 PM
Catherine unsteadily finds it again, but as soon as she has found it, her connection becomes stable, if weak. She frowns as she considers it.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-15, 03:33 PM
Again Tinderhall slowly braces her grip and this time he also gives it some xtra power, not much but enough so it can't be as easily ended as last time.

AmberVael
2007-01-15, 03:37 PM
Catherine focuses on the pebble, then suddenly turns her attention to something other than the pebble. She smiles and switches on her SEER system with a finger, and channels the magic into the air around the pebble. its inexpertly done, but the pebble flips into the air before being caught by something right above the desk. The magic continues to be targeted at... something unseen around the pebble.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-15, 03:40 PM
Tinderhall raises his eyebrow and smiles, apparantly she doesn't need help at all, he summons a book with the title "About Sorcerer's" and looks up how to test someone for the sorcerer spark.

AmberVael
2007-01-15, 03:41 PM
Catherine watches the pebble hover for a moment, then can't maintain it anymore. The pebble drops and she catches it in her hand.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-15, 03:44 PM
Very well done, now I want to test something, you are especially good with magic and I suspect you might have the sorcerer spark, this means you can master it a lot faster, although you won't be able to learn as much spells, you will be able to unleash your inner magic extremely easy, if you want I can test this.

AmberVael
2007-01-15, 03:46 PM
Its all so familiar... almost as if... Catherine looks down at the MAGE system on her arm and shakes her head. Go ahead.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-15, 03:48 PM
Tinderhall casts a small spell and touches her forehead leaving a blue mark, If you are a sorcerer that mark will turn red, he grabs a mirror and shows it to her.

AmberVael
2007-01-15, 03:51 PM
Catherine looks into the mirror and watches the mark. It does not really do anything.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-15, 03:53 PM
((Does that mean you aren't a sorcerer?))

AmberVael
2007-01-15, 03:54 PM
((She has been doing things almost exactly like using magic for years, so she is simply going from what she knows. Its helping her quite a bit. Its possible that she has some innate magic, but she is not a sorcerer.))

Deus Mortus
2007-01-15, 03:56 PM
((alright just making sure ;) ))

Well it seems like you are simply very talented, but not a sorceress, nop problem, take it from me, being a wizard is pretty fun as well, Tinderhall gives Catherine a wink and smiles

AmberVael
2007-01-15, 03:58 PM
Catherine nods, looking the pebble over. Its so odd...

Deus Mortus
2007-01-15, 04:00 PM
Stranger things exist, if you were to know the probability of the entire multiverse actually existing you wouldn't be surprised by anything...

AmberVael
2007-01-15, 04:02 PM
I meant- Catherine shakes her head and looks back at the book.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-15, 04:03 PM
I know, I was as surprised as you are now when I first entered a non-magic universe with high technology, trust me, you're a smart girl and you'll adapt

AmberVael
2007-01-15, 04:05 PM
Catherine nods in agreement, even though that was not what she meant either.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-15, 04:15 PM
Just as Tinderhall was going to explain some of the dynamics of magic to Catherine Yorg teleports in, Yorg forgot what Yorg was doing so Yorg killed evil metal men!, Tinderhall looks at him in surprise and mumbles, You did what, how, when, argh you stupid primate! He turns around and looks at Catherine with an apolagizing look, I'm sorry it seems I left the moron alone for too long, you are free to spend as much time here as you want, you can acces the first and second room, also there is a guestroom prepared for you if you need a place to sleep, just think about teleporting there and you will also if you wish to leave, just hold pebble and say "Shift Me" again, you can use it as often as you like to return here and leave again. Now if you excuse me it seems I have some "evil metal men" to repair...

Tinderhall sighs and teleports to the main where he starts repairing the golems while scolding York.

((I have to go, but feel free to rp a bit here))

AmberVael
2007-01-15, 04:21 PM
Catherine nods to Tinderhall and continues reading the book she currently has, wondering if Regiji was right to worry about this wizard. He certainly looked the part of an evil magic user, but... he wasn't acting much like one. She shrugs to herself and keeps reading.
((Later then.))
[hr]Catherine looks at her SEER time display and jolts as she realizes how much time has already passed. She looks down at the pebble. Shift me. She vanishes.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-15, 07:19 PM
In the main room Tinderhall is finally finished repairing all the golems and has saying every curse he knows to Yorg, which are a lot, but Yorg seems to think he's being nice.

Alright, that's the last, I guess there is no chance of you leaving is there? Offcourse not Tinhah- Tinderhall! yes, Tinhah! Yorg thinks Tinhah should have some fun, Tinhah looks very sad, Tinhah should break some stuff!

Yorg grabs Tinderhall by his wrist and runs with him through the door (breaking it once more) and off the island, only to be teleported at Trog's.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-15, 10:04 PM
Tinderhall teleports inside small spire 5 and starts studying the puddle.

AmberVael
2007-01-16, 06:37 PM
Catherine appears, and then bites her lip as she tries to figure out where her room is. Eventually she finds it and goes inside for the night.
[hr]Catherine wakes up and gets ready for the day, then moves into the library to study.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-16, 07:28 PM
Apparantly happy with what he is seeing Tinderhall makes a small movement with his hand and the puddle begins to violently react, after a while it calms down and where first one Tinderhall stood, now do three, they all give eachother a quick nod. One of them teleports of to the police station, another to the tavern and the last to the study.

Tinderhall sees Catherine studying her books and says Good to see you being so busy, has the new spellbook been of any help?

AmberVael
2007-01-16, 07:33 PM
I have mostly been taking notes with it, but yes it has been helpful. Catherine smiles.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-16, 07:35 PM
Good, now I was thinking since you are so busy learning my craft, I figured I should learn a bit about your technology, you wouldn't accidently know the name of your realm do you?

AmberVael
2007-01-16, 07:36 PM
Realm? As in the name of the entire place?

Deus Mortus
2007-01-16, 07:37 PM
Well yes, unless you know a better way of categorizing dimensions...

Tinderhall smiles to make sure his remark is taken by a joke, not an insult

AmberVael
2007-01-16, 07:39 PM
Catherine shakes her head. I can tell you the name of the different planets, but I am not sure that we have ever really given a name to our realm.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-16, 07:42 PM
Hmmm, well your not supposed, realms are given their names at their beginning, it's a tad bit complex, but essentially the name of a realm comes forward from it's very nature. So that's a bit of a dead end, perhaps you have some recomendations as where to start with my reading?

AmberVael
2007-01-16, 07:44 PM
No, not really. I guess I could tell you more about it if that helps, but I really only know about whats going on right now in the planets I am used to.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-16, 07:49 PM
Hmmm, very well, I would like to read about advanced technology for beginners. Two books show up next to him, I should really get some more books about it.

AmberVael
2007-01-16, 07:52 PM
I'm surprised you have any. Catherine looks back at her 'laptop' and types in a few more things.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-16, 07:55 PM
Meh, I try to pick up as much knowledge as I can, though I have been a bit lazy about technology, Tinderhall raises his hand and the two books fly up and open, another flick of his wrist and the pages begins to turn quite fast and a small stream of light streams between them and Tinderhall

AmberVael
2007-01-16, 07:56 PM
Catherine turns to watch, fascinated.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-16, 08:02 PM
Oh it's a rather simple spell, learned it from my father, may hsi soul be forever tormented in the pits of hell, it's a small cantrip I should be able to teach you, it directs the flow of information directly to the brain, the amount of which it speeds up the process differs per user.

AmberVael
2007-01-16, 08:03 PM
Oh... Catherine is shaken at his words about his father.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-16, 08:05 PM
Oh don't mind me talking about my father, you usually hold some grudge when people chain you up in a small magic prison for a few century's, so would you like to learn the spell?

AmberVael
2007-01-16, 08:07 PM
I guess... but all I have been able to do is float a pebble. Will I really be able to do something like that? Catherine decides to put the entire thought from her mind.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-16, 08:10 PM
Probably yeah, as long as you understand the language really, it's rather simple just cast out your magic to a book, like you did to that stone and use it to touch the words inside, then just pull them back, you don't need to levitate them or anything like I do. I just like doing flashy stuff like that, it keeps you trained I guess...

AmberVael
2007-01-16, 08:12 PM
The language? What language is it? Catherine gets the feeling it is not anything she has heard of.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-16, 08:16 PM
The language of the book your trying to read, nothing arcane about that, Tinderhall gives Catherine a wink

AmberVael
2007-01-16, 08:17 PM
Oh, good. Catherine is a bit relieved that she does not have to learn another language.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-16, 08:20 PM
Though if you want to learn some new languages, I would suggest Draconic, as you might have noticed most spells require you to speak a few words in that language, you can offcourse always just say them without knowing their meaning, but knowing their meaning is as you can imagine quite usefull...

AmberVael
2007-01-16, 08:21 PM
Catherine sighs. Yes, I suppose so.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-16, 08:22 PM
Don't worry once you start practicing magic more you will notice learning it becomes quite easy, the language and magic are deeply tied together, words can have great power, especially when said in a primal language such as draconic

AmberVael
2007-01-16, 08:23 PM
Catherine nods and listens interestedly.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-16, 08:26 PM
For example knowing somethings or someones true name can give you almost complete power over, it is how you most commonly bind creatures to your will, there are also some powerwords you might learn later on in your study, words so primal just speaking them with the tiniest bit of energy in them can create enormous results, even instantly killing life.

AmberVael
2007-01-16, 08:28 PM
Oh... okay... His examples are making Catherine a little uneasy.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-16, 08:31 PM
Don't worry you can do a lot more of things with powerwords, it's just that powerword Death has the largest repu- hmmm tasty

AmberVael
2007-01-16, 09:02 PM
What? Catherine wonders exactly what he is talking about, and is not entirely sure she wants to know.
((Ok, I need to go for a bit. Hopefully you will have a response by the time I get back.))

Deus Mortus
2007-01-16, 09:06 PM
Oh nothing, just a magical experiment taking an unexpected turn, anyway if you want to learn more about languages I suggest you summon the Tome of the Quickened Mind, it contains a few advanced spells, but you should be able to pull most of them, they're mostly spells aiding you in learning new things such as languages but there is more in it...

((I could swear I already posted this response :S ))

AmberVael
2007-01-16, 09:33 PM
Ok. What about this spell you were using though?

Deus Mortus
2007-01-16, 09:37 PM
Like I said it's rather simple, just reach out with your magic to the book and pull the words away from the paper to you, but remember pull the words not the ink, it's a subtle nuance, but you only need to focus as such in your mind, just think about pulling the words out...

AmberVael
2007-01-16, 09:39 PM
Maybe we should try it with a book that you might not mind losing...

Deus Mortus
2007-01-16, 09:42 PM
Don't worry these books don't actually exist in a form you might think, they are actually temporary copies of the books in a seperate dimension I created for them, they handle like normal books though except I don't mind loosing them and they can't exist outside the library.

AmberVael
2007-01-16, 09:44 PM
Oh. Ok then. Catherine calms herself (something that she is quite good at by now) and then prepares to try and use the spell.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-16, 09:47 PM
This time Tinderhall doesn't ready himself to help her, quite certain that she will be able to do it on her own.

AmberVael
2007-01-16, 09:48 PM
Catherine connects to magic easily enough, but when it comes to casting the spell she begins having a fair bit of trouble.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-16, 09:51 PM
Tinderhall frowns a bit, but is still certain she can do it, however the moment it seems it might go wrong he will interject and help

AmberVael
2007-01-16, 09:53 PM
Catherine cannot seem to direct the magic in the correct way. Up to that point, she has done everything fine. She frowns as she tries again, and ends up blasting the book across the room.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-16, 09:56 PM
Tinderhall quickly catches the book and let's it float back to Catherine, You are thinking it's to complicated and trying to do to much, just connect and pull, don't think about anything else, this might be complicated for your technology, but it's easy for magic...

AmberVael
2007-01-16, 09:59 PM
Catherine sighs and calms herself before trying again. The book does not fly across the room, but she is getting no results.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-16, 10:00 PM
Don't think about it, when you use your arm to pick something up, you don't think about each muscle you need to use to do it, you just do it, magic is the same, I believe your people might call it extremely user friendly, Tinderhall casts Catherine a warm smile.

AmberVael
2007-01-16, 10:02 PM
Its just not the same... Catherine shakes her head.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-16, 10:05 PM
It is, the only thing that makes it different is because you decided it was different, if I would decided I could no longer simply pick things up and needed to focus on each muscle first, I'd have a lot of trouble as well...

AmberVael
2007-01-16, 10:07 PM
But it is! I mean... just... Catherine closes the book with magic, turns it over a few times then brings it to her hand before her magic fails.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-16, 10:12 PM
See you just performed perfectly fine magic with ease, the only reason it fails because you fail to believe you can do it...

AmberVael
2007-01-16, 10:14 PM
((Ah the joys of being a level one "spellgifted" wizard.))

Catherine gives a frustrated sigh as she tries once more to no effect.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-16, 10:17 PM
((hey you decided to lift the rock in one try not me :P ))

Tinderhall slowly walks over her and brings his face close to her looking into her eyes, Do you trust me?

AmberVael
2007-01-16, 10:25 PM
((Well thats because she starts off being caster level 2 for Transmutation, and caster level 0 for everything else. Mage hand is easy. Other stuff... not so much.))
Catherine looks up at him, wondering how she should respond.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-16, 10:28 PM
((I haven't seen your char description yet, I don't think it's in your post, but I'll remember it))

Tinderhall patiently waits for Catherine.

AmberVael
2007-01-16, 10:30 PM
((Oh. I am currently making her character sheet on the tangled web, but I have not yet put her in my description. I will get on that.))
Catherine looks away after a moment. I want to, but I am not sure I should.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-16, 10:34 PM
I understand, but know this, I can show you magic in it's purest form, but I need to know if you trust me before I will...

AmberVael
2007-01-16, 10:36 PM
Catherine thinks about it a little more, then shakes her head. Not now.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-16, 10:40 PM
Very well, then practice what you know and ask me when you are ready.

AmberVael
2007-01-16, 10:42 PM
Catherine nods slowly and looks down at the book.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-16, 10:44 PM
Tinderhall backs away again, sits down on the ground and closes his eyes, asking himself why he wants to show his world so badly to this girl and decides her face looks a bit like her mom, not satisfied with that answer he continues thinking.

AmberVael
2007-01-16, 10:47 PM
Catherine sighs and begins to read the book again.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-16, 10:53 PM
Tinderhall hears the sigh and for some reason something inside of him snaps, his father used to sigh like that when he didn't understand a spell, a small tear forms at the corner of his eye.

AmberVael
2007-01-16, 10:55 PM
((I was about to ask why his father sighed like a girl, and then I remembered that he was an elf. :smalltongue:))

Catherine doesn't notice Tinderhall's minute distress, and continues reading the book.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-16, 10:58 PM
((meh more the sort of you don't understand me kind of sigh, but think of it as you will :P ))

Tinderhall ports away to the fifth spire and conjures an image of his father and mother from the pool, sitting curled up and watching them.

AmberVael
2007-01-16, 11:00 PM
((Do not mind me and my comment. I am merely out to amuse myself.))

Catherine continues reading the book, wondering what was so difficult about using this other form of magic.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-16, 11:05 PM
((nah elfs are pretty feminine, just wanted to make sure you got the gist :P ))

AmberVael
2007-01-16, 11:11 PM
((I get things, I just twist them until they are amusing.))

Deus Mortus
2007-01-16, 11:12 PM
((alright, I'll be off soon though, just gotta finish up my talk with Iames and Mearok))

AmberVael
2007-01-17, 05:55 PM
Catherine finally puts down the book and goes to her room for the night, still no closer to understanding the spell.
[hr]Catherine comes out of her room and uses her pendant to go back to the OmniShop.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-17, 07:35 PM
So it seems like sharing my mind between three bodies leaves me vulnerable to, certain issues, Tinderhall stands up and straightens his clothes, Guess I'll have to find myself a few lackeys then.
He teleports to the omnishop.

((how do you do that little line between posts thing?))

Deus Mortus
2007-01-17, 07:54 PM
Tinderhall ports into the third spire and starts to craft the metals into two bracers.

When Tinderhall is doen he ports to one of the summoning rooms and starts chanting, it's not before long untill a pit fiend appears, Tinderhall tosses him the bracers, You are min now Malaach, you will serve me as I see fit and always have my best intentions in mind, when in doubt you contact me telepathically. If you obey those rules we will get along just fine, now put on those bracers and follow me.

Shooting a nasty look at Tinderhall the Pit Fiend puts on the bracers and follows Tinderhall to the main hall, You will serve here as host and tend for the guests untill I contact you and tell you to do otherwise, understood? The Pit Fiend starts to protest, but as a small ball of energy starts to form in one of Tinderhall's hands he quickly silences himself. Good, now I will be gone for a while, when I come back I will return to you with some artifacts that should empower you, if you obey me you will find that I am quite a generous master, any wishes?

The Pit Fiend thinks for a while and then responds, There is one item in particular I wish to have, the sword Nimrath, it was bared by many arch-devils untill finally lost to the hands of a mortal, if there is any wish, it will be owning that.

You shall have it.

The Pit Fiend looks surprised, as he only meant it as a starting offer.

Tinderhall ports out to the town, deciding he wants to explore a bit.

AmberVael
2007-01-17, 08:20 PM
((<hr> That code puts in the line. Replace the < with [ though.))

Deus Mortus
2007-01-17, 08:22 PM
((thanks))

AmberVael
2007-01-17, 08:26 PM
((No problem.))

Deus Mortus
2007-01-17, 10:25 PM
Yorg walks in (again smashing the door which was just fixed again by the golems) and stares curiously at the Pit Fiend

[hr]

Tinderhall and Catherine teleport a few feet in front of the Pit Fiend.

AmberVael
2007-01-17, 10:54 PM
Catherine looks up at the demon, shaking in fear.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-17, 11:00 PM
Don't worry, he won't hurt you he is ordered to serve me and me alone, you can call him Pit if you want, he will serve me as I see fit, I can really use the help...

Tinderhall throws the equipment at the pitfiend, Put that on, Pit.

The Pit Fiend opens the boxes and his eyes almost pops out when seeing the artifacts, he quickly grabs them, Nimrath a beautifull sword seemingly a solid black flame with a handle made of blackened and red skulls, the wings increase his wingspan and suddenly the flames around him become black, then the armor, made from the blackest of black as if darkness itself wrapped around him, then he chains the tome to his belt.

He bows before Tinderhall, Master, I never believed I could say this, but it shall be an honour to serve you.

In the mean time Yorg wanders up, Yorg back home Thinhah and redhair!

AmberVael
2007-01-17, 11:04 PM
Catherine does not seem too comforted. She keeps her eyes on the devil.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-17, 11:07 PM
The devil bows before Catherine, I swear I shall not hurt you unless commanded by Tinderhall, you may think of me as an extension of my new lord's will.

Yorg walks in between the Pit Fiend and Tinderhall and Catherine with a broad smile, Yes Yorg I saw you, I have a room ready for you with a good amount of chocolate and some stuff you can break, go follow one of the golems to it.

Tinderhall turns his head towards Catherine, You can trust his oath, devils take those very seriously...

AmberVael
2007-01-17, 11:09 PM
It doesn't change the fact that he's, well, a demon that scares the hell out of me! Catherine's eyes are fairly wide.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-17, 11:11 PM
Ow no demons are a whole other kind, don't ever say that to a devil, they possibly hate demons more then celestial beings!

AmberVael
2007-01-17, 11:14 PM
What? Catherine is still watching the devil with fearful eyes.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-17, 11:15 PM
Devils and demons are from a different breed my lady, devils know how to keep their composure and truely corrupt, while demons simply destroy as the mindless fools they are. However I shall not take offense, for you did not know better.

AmberVael
2007-01-17, 11:17 PM
Oh... Catherine doesn't seem too comforted by this.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-17, 11:21 PM
Don't worry you'll grow used to him, just as you did with magic give it some time, now however getting used to Yorg, well I still haven't been able to, so that might pose more of a challenge, Tinderhall smiles and gives her a wink and then faces Pit, Pit I want you to recruit some hunters, I wish to know more about a certain demilich running around here, can you do that?

My lord with these new artifacts only arch-devils will be able to resist me and even they shall have trouble with it, I shall do as you ask and I shall force them to swear to the oath of blood to you my lord.

Very well, you are excused. Pit disappears to the hell realms and Tinderhall faces Catherine, Why don't you go ahead and have some rest, a hot bath stands ready in your room, a night's sleep should ease the shock of seeing your first devil a bit...

AmberVael
2007-01-17, 11:23 PM
Catherine nods in agreement and heads off to her room for the night.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-17, 11:25 PM
Tinderhall takes a few gems from out of his pocket, ports to a summoning room and starts summoning and then capturing the souls of Primal Elementals.

((Goodnight Verdandi))

AmberVael
2007-01-18, 05:48 PM
((Night))
[hr]Catherine gets up and goes to the library, practicing the two spells she knows she can cast. After she makes sure she can still use those, she picks out one of the books and attempts to cast the book-reading spell on it, but still to no avail. With a sigh she reads it normally.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-18, 07:40 PM
Tinderhall finishes up with the soul harversting and goes to the blacksmith to forge armours after which he takes them to the magical workshop and imbues them with powerfull magic, not long after he is done he sense Pit has returned, he quickly ports towards his quarters where the pit fiend awaits him.

What are the results of you hunt Pit? I have been able to recruit 12 demons by binding their essence to you, 9 devils have sworn a bloodoath to you and 4 arch-fiends have done the same. Demons? I did not think you would go so far as recruiting them. I serve my master at the best of my powers and although demons are not creatures I would wish to associate with, they do have the ability to serve a purpose. Also I wish to swear myself in, but this needs to be done in the freedom will else it is not bounding. Very well, Malaach, I demand you make this choise of your own free will, will you swear the bloodoath to me? By the ancient blood of the first I swear that I shall serve with unwavering loyalty. Very well, now were these all the creatures willing to serve me? No my lord, there were many more, however they did not wish to take the bloodoath. I have a use for them bring them here. As you wish my lord.

Tinderhall and Pit walk into a room filled with devils and demons, Greetings fellow creatures of evil, I am honoured that you will serve me and am hearby giving you your first orders, you will seek out any dark force in this town and try to make contact with them, also while doing so you will wear collars that protect you from banishment, Tinderhall passes around the collars and sees to it the creatures properly apply them to their necks, You may no leave to serve me. The creatures quickly start planeshifting to the town.

My lord, you are aware these were those unwilling to swear you the bloodoath, you have shown them weakness by simply letting them leave without any reassurances from your side, they will be quick to betray you. I know that Pit. My lord? Those collars are more then just what I said they were, they also link their minds to me and I will know exactly what they know, the magic is unable to be scryed as they willingly put the collars on giving their minds to me, it will not take long before they side with other beings of dark power and I will have knowledge of the moves of my enemies. My lord, are you sure you were not born a Pit Fiend, such plotting is delightfull. Thank you pit, now summon the demons to me.

Pit opens a dark portal and 12 demons step out, 3 Glabrezu and 9 Balors. Welcome demons, you have chosen to serve me and I will reward you well for your loyalty, you free of will, tied your essence to me and that must be rewarded, you will be split up in 3 groups each consisting of 3 Balors and 1 Glabrezu, you will never leave this group or venture out alone, also you will wear Bracers the same as Pit here to make sure you cannot be banished. Also you will al be given an armor and weapon that will make you a force to reckon with at the battle field. Tinderhall each throws them one black marble and one red marble, as soon as the demons touch them they start to wear armour and weapons, the Balors have been giving bloodred armours with spikes and flames leaking out everywhere, plus a large blade made from a black flame, the Glabrezu's are given black rich black and red robes and dark staffs with a multicoloured flame on top of them. I currently have no direct mission for you, I want you to retreat to a safe plane and train your combat there untill I summon you once more. The demons roar and vanish, well that went well enough Pit, now I want you to send in the devils.

Again Pit opens a portal and 4 Erinyes, 4 Horned Devils and 1 Pit Fiend step out, Greetings my followers, you have sworn the bloodoath to me and I will reward you for that, you shall wear bracers as Pit here wears and armors I created, once again he each throws them a red and a black marble, the Erinyes are now dressed in long Satin dresses with pieces of darkred plate upon them and are armed with bloodrep whips with spikes upon them, the horned devils gain full suits of black plate armour and attached to them are huge strings of spiked chains flowing along their entire body, the pit fiend gains a darkgolden armour and a large black bow with a bloodred string. These are merely your first rewards, many more shall come if you serve me without failure, your first mission shall be this, I have previously set out a large amount of demons and devils who will betray me and side with other dark powers here. I want you to use thsi distraction to learn more about these dark powers, I will give you rings that shall mask your presence even to detecting and scrying spells and reform your body to one more fit to wander the town. The demons touch their rings and transform, the erinyes in beautifull elven women in long green silken dresses, the horned devils become battle hardened warriors in chainmale and the pit fiend a noble man in extravagant clothing. Now leave and report to me when you can, the demons quickly planeshift out, You know what comes next, the arch-fiends.

Instead of a portal this time Pit draws four summoning circles and summons the four arch-fiends, they are dark creatures, faces hidden under cloaks and just a bit larger then a normal human man, instead of talking to them Tinderhall simply gives out four blue marbles, to each one. As they touch the marbles they begin to transform, the first begins to turn entirely white, covered in a bone armour and given a large white staff crackling with energy, the second slowly grows larger and gains a horrid collection of weapons and armoury, his face is covered by a large black plate helm, the third grows longer and thinner a shadowy robe covering bones wrapped in parchment like yellow skin, it's face wrapped in a horrid leather mask seeming to smile while being in great pain, the last and fourth becomes incorpereal and is like a thing mist spreading, sometimes convulging to what seems to be a human form. When the transformation is done they all simply bow down and stay as bowed down untill given other directions, Tinderhall nods and turns to Pit, I have another task for you, first I want you to go to the omnishop and buy me an artifact that allows my magic to flow freely even within an antimagic field, a banality field or anything like that, shredding those powers to pieces in the progress, it only needs to be like a thin layer upon my body, armor and weapons nothing more, pay with the book on the bureau in my study and then return to me. Your commands shall be exacted, my lord.

AmberVael
2007-01-18, 08:29 PM
Catherine continues to study her spells, adding another one that she can cast to her list.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-18, 08:31 PM
Tinderhall ports to the library and starts sitting across of Catherine looking which books she is reading and how she is doing with her spellcasting.

AmberVael
2007-01-18, 08:33 PM
At the moment she is reading a book titled "Basic Transmutation." Her list of spells that she can cast is still very short (three) but its better than one.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-18, 08:38 PM
Tinderhall sees the book and decides to try one last effort to determine if it truely is only focus upon one school or the lack of believe in effort, he casts an illusion on the page with the next spell, replacing it with an evocation spell.

AmberVael
2007-01-18, 08:40 PM
Catherine blinks at the page as her SEER system reports an odd light fluctuation. She sighs and turns it off, then studies the spell for a moment, frowning.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-18, 08:50 PM
Tinderhall leans back a bit and waits to see what happens.

AmberVael
2007-01-18, 08:54 PM
((What spell is it?))
Catherine reads over the spell intently, trying to get down every nuance.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-18, 08:57 PM
((flare, though it is described as if you were actually transmuting air around the creature to flare up, the spell stays the same though))

AmberVael
2007-01-18, 09:02 PM
Catherine nods and tries to cast the spell. It doesn't work. She tries a few more times, and on the last time, something just barely happens, but its hardly as good as she has done with the rest of the spells.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-18, 09:05 PM
Tinderhall alters the spell he cast on that page, that when it is not being seen it will change back to the original, an elven woman ports directly next to Tinderhall and whispers something in his ear, he nods and says to her, Well done, now go to the slums and help our nobleman, you may use your original form if needed. The woman makes a courteous bow and ports out once more.

AmberVael
2007-01-18, 09:08 PM
Catherine turns to the next page in the book, looking for more spells and theory.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-18, 09:15 PM
Before Verdandi can read it Tinderhall quickly replaces the spell with timestop, to see how much she can do.

AmberVael
2007-01-18, 09:18 PM
Catherine looks at the complicated spell suspiciously, wondering just how 'basic' this book actually is.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-18, 09:19 PM
Any problems with a spell Catherine?

AmberVael
2007-01-18, 09:22 PM
More like problems with a book... Catherine continues looking at the spell, getting hopelessly lost in it.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-18, 09:24 PM
Actually more a problem with me, he waves his hand and the spell dissapears, I wanted to see how good you were in transmutation, that spell was called timestop and is possibly the most complicated transmutation spell to cast.

AmberVael
2007-01-18, 09:25 PM
Well that explains it. That spell was making me dizzy.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-18, 09:29 PM
I was afraid of that, but you hear of people capable of doing such deats without training, however there is another more simple spell I want you to try called alter self, Tinderhall hands Catherine a small scroll with the spelldescription.

AmberVael
2007-01-18, 09:46 PM
Catherine chews her lip as she reads it, going over the spell. It was not half as hard as the other, but it definitely beat the cantrips she had been casting.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-18, 09:47 PM
Take your time to study it well, it has a few complicated nuances that need to be understood well...

AmberVael
2007-01-18, 09:49 PM
She winces at the thought of what might happen if she messed up the spell. Are you sure it won't go horribly wrong if I make mistakes the first time?

Deus Mortus
2007-01-18, 09:51 PM
Nothing will go wrong, it will either work or not, I would not give you a spell that could possibly injure you.

AmberVael
2007-01-18, 09:52 PM
Catherine nods and studies it a little more, then attempts to cast it. It does not work, and it appears that she does not have enough energy to quite complete the spell.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-18, 09:53 PM
Tinderhall gently touches giving her a large amount of energy from his own, try again.

AmberVael
2007-01-18, 09:56 PM
She tries it again, and now it appears that while she is fairly skilled for a novice, she does not quite have the finesse to do it correctly.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-18, 09:58 PM
Alright, so that is a bit too hard for you, how about this one? Tinderhall hands her the spell animate rope.

AmberVael
2007-01-18, 10:00 PM
Catherine studies the spell and looks around. Do we have any rope, or will we have to fetch some?

Deus Mortus
2007-01-18, 10:01 PM
Tinderhall summons some rope in front of Catherine.

AmberVael
2007-01-18, 10:03 PM
That works. Catherine looks over the spell a bit more, and tries to cast the spell. She fumbles with it for a moment, then tentatively the rope animates, then she gains control over it.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-18, 10:05 PM
Very well done, your control is quite good and so is your insight, what you seem to lack however is energy and the touch of an experienced user, what spells can you cast at the moment?

AmberVael
2007-01-18, 10:08 PM
Catherine turns her laptop towards him. It has Mage Hand, Open/Close, Mending, and now Animate Rope listed as cast spells.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-18, 10:12 PM
Good, now I want you to use those spells for everything you, when you need to pick something up use mage hand, when you need open or close something use open close, use magehand to smash items and mend them again. This way your amount of energy slowly increases and you gain a bit of finesse due to experience, also try to learn these spells, Tinderhall hands her the spells; message, enlarge person, erase, expeditious retreat, featherfall, jump, magic weapon and reduce person.

AmberVael
2007-01-18, 10:14 PM
Catherine nods and adds the spells he mentioned to her 'to look at' list.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-18, 10:16 PM
Good and when you learn them, make sure you use those as well and next time you type at that laptop, use mage hand...

However, I have to go now, there are some things I need to investigate, Tinderhall ports to his private quarters where Pit awaits him with the watch, they start discussing what they have learned about the other forces of evil.

((Night))

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 02:12 AM
Catherine sighs and draws the book back to her with magic and opens it, the begins flipping the pages carefully so as not to tear it. She comes across a spell that Tinderhall had not mentioned and looks at it closely. After a moment she frowns and uses her amulet to go the OmniShop.[hr]Catherine appears in the library and sets her paper on one side, and the book on the other. She focuses, then suddenly begins transcribing the pages from the book onto the empty paper. With a grin, she copies the entire book and then takes her newly completed book and goes to her room for the night.[hr]Catherine comes out of her room, dressed and ready for the day. She uses her stone of shift out of Tinderhall's realm.[hr]Later, Catherine appears and goes to her room, then quickly falls asleep.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-21, 04:33 PM
I see Pit, I want to find out where the realm of this Maerok is and how to get there, also I want some investigation around this Magtok character, now those two gods in that church, jonna-something and his goon, I want to know more about them, they seem to be tied to another god Kyrian I also wish to know more about him. Now as again, proceed with caution and make sure we don't raise any suspicion, let them think we only send that small horde of demons. Now is there anything else?

Yes my liege, Maerok has send us some tomes he found in the Abyss, it would seem he might be a valuable ally or simply bribing us, also this orc you have brought here seems to have done some damage on the property but it is already repaired by the Golems, secondly after hearing what you offer more demons, devils and various other creatures wish to join us, however we will need room to house them.

Hmmm, tell them I am working on creating a haven here for them and untill then they have to stay put, also only take ones who will offer some kind of oath or another form of insurance, I do not wish anyone in my service to be able to betray me. Now leave the tomes in my study, I will look at them there, perhaps they may be of use, but it will have to wait.

Yes my lord, any other way I can be of service?

Yes you can, I want you to train, the artifacts I have given you have empowered you much, but it is not enough, you have full acces to all facility's except the fifth spire, I want you to master all books in the training room and spend some time training some spells from the library, battle might come soon and I need a champion in the case the target is not of interest to me or when I am occupied, also send in Yorgh on your way out, I wish to have a word with him.

As you wish my lord, however before I can scribe spells in my Tome of the Felsworn, I will need to create a special ink by mixing bonedust and various other ingredients.

The magic workshop will have those laying around, anythign else?

No my lord, I shall leave at once.

Pit ports out and after a while Yorgh comes storming in with a broad smile.

Tinhah want to do some fun?

No Yorgh, I need to talk to you a bit, could you tell me how you lived all those years I was imprisoned?

Im-pree-so-nd?

Yes, when I was in that large glowing cage?

Yorgh remember that!

I know Yorgh, but can you tell me what happened after that?

Yorgh met man like Tinhah, Nilt, he and pretty lady feed Yorgh and tell Yorgh to not break stuff, but now Yorgh back with Tinhah and Yorgh can break stuff again!

A look of shock passes Tinderhall's face, Mother and father? Are they still alive?

Yorgh nods his head violently, Yes they be nice to Yorgh and told Yorgh if Yorgh wanted they would give Yorgh meat and bed!

Anything else?

Yorgh seems to think for a while and the pulls a crumbled letter form his pants, Yes, Nilt says Tinhah should have paper and read paper!

Tinderhall slowly opens the letter and quickly reads it.

Dear Son,

Yorgh has told me you are once more roaming this world, however I hope that the time you spend in that cage perhaps let you wisen, however I doubt it. Yet remember my boy, if you ever need protection, food, shelter or just a hug, we are here for you. Also your mother misses you greatly, I could not bear tell her what happened and she believes you study in a grand university and still sends you letters, the small dot on the end of the letter contains these, just touch it and they will pop up.

I hope you have learned your lesson and though it pains my heart to say this, if I hear you are back to your old ways, I will return and I will encage you once more, however this time I will make sure it is not breakable.

With love,

Nilt of the Lonely Tower

Tinderhall shivers a bit and touches the small dot on the end of the letter and a large stack of letters appear, Yorgh, Pit is in the training room training his fighting, help him with that will you?

Yes Yhorg go now!

Yhorg runs away with a broad smile and leaves Tinderhall to his reading, he starts to read the letters and it is not long before he is crying, torn between the hate for what his father did to him and the love he still feels for his parents.

((Yay for character development!))

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 04:39 PM
Catherine comes out into the library and begins studying again.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-21, 04:45 PM
...also I want some investigation around this Magtok character...

((Magtok isn't the officer. SASO is. Magtok is the evil ghost of a cyborg that Tinderhall never met.))

Deus Mortus
2007-01-21, 04:48 PM
((I know, but his name has been named a few times by SASO, so I would know his name, however the demon send over to you doesn't know that you are the same person))

Lord Magtok
2007-01-21, 04:50 PM
((Demon?))

Deus Mortus
2007-01-21, 05:04 PM
((*evil grin* You go serve that nice nobleman now... ))

[hr]

Tinderhall finished reading the letters and puts them away, he wipes his tears and goes over to the library, still with swollen eyes from the crying he greets Catherina, How goes the studying Catherine?

Deus Mortus
2007-01-22, 01:16 PM
Tinderhall tells his familiar to scout the Police Station and stay there untill said otherwise and then ports away to the omnishop.

AmberVael
2007-01-22, 02:40 PM
Catherine realizes very belatedly that Tinderhall had said something to her, and sighs before turning back to her studies.

Rebonack
2007-01-22, 09:04 PM
Regiji suddenly begins to be in the lower portions of the tower/spire/evilfortressofdoom.

Due to the fact that his humanoid body was very killed the night before he's currently clad in his Inquisitor frame, which doesn't look anywhere near as unassuming as he normally does. Fortunately the only time Tinderhall has seen Regiji like this he didn't introduce himself. If he's lucky he might be able to bluff his way out of any mess he finds himself.

After all, he certainly looks the part of some unfriendly draconic critter.

He begins poking around in the 'common' areas in an attempt to find any clue regarding where Beckett is.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-22, 09:06 PM
A Golem walk up to Regiji, "Inquiry: How may I be of service?"

Rebonack
2007-01-22, 09:15 PM
Regiji turns his emerald gaze upon the golem.

"I'm looking for Catherine Beckett. I have an item for her that she requested at the OmniShop." technically true...

Deus Mortus
2007-01-22, 09:19 PM
"Statement: Miss Beckett currently presides in a room forbidden for you entry, you may wish to wait for my master to return so he can grant you access"

Tinderhall ports in moments after the golem said this and looks at regiji, and who may you be?

Rebonack
2007-01-22, 09:43 PM
"NPCs don't usually get names, sir, but if you wish you may refer to me by my identification code: 121DL33-J7G3R64-V3.396.487.174.421 then that would be fine," Regiji responds. His former statement is true and the long string of characters is his identification code. "Miss Catherine Beckett requested an item at the OmniShop while The Distinguished Gentlemen was preoccupied elsewhere."

A compartment along Regiji's flank pops open with a pneumatic hiss and he extracts a piece of flexible looking armor for the forearm and shoulder. It is similar in style to the rest of the woman's gear and it is obvious that it's able to link up with her MAGE system.

"I've been informed that it can not be delivered personally."

Deus Mortus
2007-01-22, 09:45 PM
No it can't regiji and I would like if you did not try to lie to me here, this is my realm after all, in here I am allpowerfull, this includes knowledge of all dwelling in here. I don't get it, why do you insist on lying to me, have I done you any harm?

AmberVael
2007-01-22, 10:03 PM
Catherine continues to study in the library, oblivious to what is going on.

Rebonack
2007-01-22, 10:12 PM
"I spoke only the truth that I felt the need to provide. Whether or not it's what you wanted to hear isn't much so much my concern," Regiji gives his wings a shrug. "Besides, how was I supposed to know that you're omnipotent? I had always assumed that Town ordinance kept out people like that."

Regiji lets go of the armor, which proceeds to float in mid-air of its own accord.

"I don't trust you. And I don't like you. Your general demeanor and the fact that you brag on regular occasion about how gods are too stupid and impotent to kill you doesn't help. The fact that I've had some generally unpleasant encounters with evil wizards who act almost exactly like you, mannerisms and all, doesn't help either. It isn't the evil that wallows in destruction and chaos that's the most insidious. It's the evil with honeyed lips."

Deus Mortus
2007-01-22, 10:19 PM
Really, I find that people who can't seem to grow outside of their limited view of the world and damage people and discriminate them for it usually cause most of the damage, but then again I guess you could easily get away with it saying the other's were evil and you had to do it for the cause of good. I however do not share this behaviour, you can enter the first room of the library, but don't try anything funny, because I will know and I will make sure you don't get away with it, ask a golem to escort you if needed. Now I have a rather important letter to write, good day to you. Tinderhall ports out to his study and teleports a small note saying "Regiji has something for you, I gave him access to the library so he could give it to you." to Catherine and then starts writing a letter.

((and I'm gone, goodnight all))

AmberVael
2007-01-22, 10:21 PM
Catherine looks at the note and smiles, then turns back to her books as she waits.

Rebonack
2007-01-22, 10:35 PM
Regiji shakes his head at the general ridiculousness of a person who openly admits to being heinously evil using the 'I'm just misunderstood!' defense.

"I don't discriminate!" Regiji yells after Tinderhall as he leaves. "I have a low opinion of all arrogant self-serving jackasses in general! It's equal opportunity!"

He snorts in irritation and begins heading toward the library. Billions of metric tons of cellulose is usually pretty easy to spot if you know what to look for.

Regiji noses the library door open and peeks inside, spotting Catherine pretty quickly.

"Sorry about the appearance," Regiji motions to himself with one talon. "I sort of got myself killed by an assassin at Trog's last night and I'm going to have to be staying in here until a new Surveyor frame can be put together back home," he pulls out the armor that had been floating behind him. "I finished putting together the upgrade for your MAGE glove I had mentioned."

AmberVael
2007-01-22, 10:37 PM
Catherine puts down her book and smiles at him. Oh you didn't have to do that...

Rebonack
2007-01-22, 10:47 PM
Regiji's surprised how well she took the 'getting killed' part. And the whole draconic look as well. She really is getting used to things here.

The armor settles down on the table. It's light, almost unnaturally so. The metal itself is silvery with a very slight red tinge to it.

"I didn't have to, but I did anyway. People do nice things for people they consider to be friends. It's how things work," he states very matter of factly. "It's a synthetic form of Keelak orichalcum. The metal is incredibly malleable. The natural stuff can flow and warp like mercury at one moment and be harder than the toughest alloys the next, it's pretty amazing stuff."

He points at the bracer/pauldron combo.

"The synthetic stuff isn't able to respond to the will of the wearer as quickly as the natural sort, but even if this gets damaged you can fix it just by willing it to be mended. Will take a few minutes of concentration though. I set it up to conform to your arm and shoulder, try it on," he concludes with a friendly smile.

AmberVael
2007-01-22, 10:52 PM
Catherine takes it and puts it on, still smiling.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-22, 10:53 PM
Covered with bruises and cuts Pit finally falls to his knees, It was an honor to battle you Yorgh I have yet to face a more powerfull warrior, yet I think that I reached my limits for a while, it literally hurts everywhere right now, quickly a crew of healers patch him up as much as possible and still with a slight limp he teleports to the library.

Yorgh had fun too big red man, Yorgh continues his fun with the golems, the repair teams can barely keep up with him.

Pit ports into the library and slightly limps towards a large chair and summons some books next to it, Goodday lady Beckett, he also gives regiji a respectfull nod and then picks up one of the books to study.

((Now I'm really gone, almost forgot about poor old Pit xD ))

Rebonack
2007-01-22, 11:03 PM
Several straps of a synthetic fiber of some kind slither out of the bracer and pauldron to secure the armor in place. In all it doesn't feel like it could weigh any more than three pounds. The wires that are normally wrapped around Catherine's arm are physically incorporated into the bracer. Several other portions then proceed to bind to the 'fiddly' bits of the glove.

"I set it up to respond in much the same way as your MAGE system does," Regiji comments. "To get it off all you need to do is will it to do so. I also added some functionality in response to how tedious getting the glove on and off is. It should help speed things up a little bit."

Regiji cranes his neck to get a better view of 'Pit'. His impending doom sense begins nagging at him. The one that informs him of the onset of future Plots of doom.

AmberVael
2007-01-22, 11:06 PM
Catherine smiles very timidly at Pit before looking back to Regiji. Thats really thoughtful of you, Regiji. I'm not sure what to say...

Rebonack
2007-01-22, 11:16 PM
Regiji sits down on the stone floor, folding his legs under himself like some draconic bird. Between him getting into a comfortable position and readjusting his wings the image of a giant chicken can't help but be invoked.

"Well, telling me that it was thoughtful was a pretty good start, I think," Regiji responds. "I've had quite a bit of down time lately, so I just occupied myself with building that. I probably would have just been poking around in the public library otherwise."

He straightens out his neck to get a better view of what Catherine is studying. While long, it isn't at the level of stork proportions.

"So... what are you looking at today?"

AmberVael
2007-01-22, 11:19 PM
Its a bit of a nasty spell today, I am afraid. But I suppose I need some way to defend myself... The spell is entitled "Boiling Blood," and essentially thats what it does.

Rebonack
2007-01-22, 11:28 PM
"Wow... that sounds pretty unpleasant..." Regiji comments. "Isn't there magic that could turn them into a chipmunk or something? I would imagine that would be just as incapacitating and a little less cruel."

He thinks for a moment.

"I can understand picking up magic for the purpose of utility, but can't you use the MAGE system in combat?"

AmberVael
2007-01-22, 11:31 PM
There is magic for that, but its a bit more advanced than I can manage. I can use the MAGE system, but I can carry magic with me everywhere, and it will not get broken.

Rebonack
2007-01-22, 11:39 PM
"Ah, I see..." he inspects the book some more. It wasn't a spell he had seen before, but considering all the information he had gathered on magic theory at Amiria's he has a reasonable idea of how it works. Not that he could cast it. Ever.

"Considering the level of magical defenses most of the people here have I'm not sure a spell that directly affects them like that would do much of anything."

AmberVael
2007-01-22, 11:43 PM
Catherine sighs. Well, I can at least learn the theory and magic principles behind it. Its the only way to get better, after all. She pauses, then adds- And I really would rather use my MAGE system for combat anyways.

Rebonack
2007-01-22, 11:53 PM
"A better understanding of the way things work is always a nice goal so long as it's tempered with purpose," Regiji gives Cathrenine his odd head tilting one eyed look. "How long have you been in here anyway? I don't think I noticed you around Town at all the past few days."

AmberVael
2007-01-22, 11:54 PM
I don't know. I guess I have lost track of time... Catherine shuts her book and turns to Regiji. How long will it be until you get a new body?

Rebonack
2007-01-23, 12:01 AM
"Well... another six days or so before it's finished. I made sure to inform the techs back home to make it look the same as the old one. Those 'And you are...?' looks I would get otherwise makes the wait worth it."

He pauses for a moment and thinks.

"I don't think I ever told you how the frames work, did I? I usually make a point of telling people that I'm changing my armor as that's less strange sounding than 'Give me a sec, I need to swap out for my other body.'"

AmberVael
2007-01-23, 12:02 AM
No, you really didn't. But it was easy enough to figure out from what you've told me.

Rebonack
2007-01-23, 12:16 AM
"I suppose you've steeled yourself pretty well against all of the strangeness here at this point. Pretty important if you want to avoid a psychotic breakdown," he comments with a chuckle. "I'll give you the quick description now then. I mentioned before that all my people are siblings. Our souls are woven together by our deity as is often the case in Realms with patron racial deities. Our bodies, though, are built. We spend several years in a 'training' frame to get used to existence and to mature as an individual until it is decided that we've grown enough in maturity to begin serving as part of the Flock. At that point we're installed in a new frame to carry out our Duty. We're sort of the proverbial ghost in the machine."

Regiji glances up at the reading pit fiend again. Honestly, why would someone want a devil of all things as a personal servant?

AmberVael
2007-01-23, 12:19 AM
((Well, as Aesa would tell you, its more ironic and amusing to torment a devil when they are your servant.))
Catherine nods slowly. Back home we really did not have many gods, or any that were worshipped regularly.

Rebonack
2007-01-23, 12:30 AM
"We've actually run into quite a number of places like that, though the concept has always seemed really strange to me," Regiji responds. "Any time I need to I can link up to the Oracle set up here in Town to directly contact the Shepherds. I don't always get the answers I'm looking for. Or even an answer at all. But even no response has meaning. I know then that it's something I have to learn for myself."

Regiji grins a toothy grin. The fact that it's rather unsettling is lost on him.

"The Shepherds are the only god in my Realm. They act as our guardians and guides in the grand pageant set forth by Providence. We don't really worship them like the fox-people worship Inari. We venerate the Shepherds like a child would a parent or a student a mentor."

He ends his description here, rather glad to have the chance to share it.

"What are the gods like where you're from?"

AmberVael
2007-01-23, 12:33 AM
I don't really know, I never took much interest in them and most of the time their worshippers are prevented from being too public about their religion. They all seemed a fair bit distant to me though. Catherine shrugs and looks at Regiji with interest. Very different from your gods, apparently.

Rebonack
2007-01-23, 12:39 AM
Regiji tilts his head to the side in the way that a dog would after it had heard an odd sound.

"They're kept from being public about it? What purpose would that serve?" he sounds rather disturbed by this notion.

AmberVael
2007-01-23, 12:44 AM
I'm not really sure, its just something thats done.

Rebonack
2007-01-23, 12:51 AM
"Ah... I see..." Regiji sounds somewhat disappointed by the lack of explanation. "My family is 'allied' with an organization called The Republic of Mu, they have a similar policy. It's a little harsher though. No one is allowed to worship anything there. They justify it by saying that it would create a conflict of interest. They also apparently feel that faith in the divine is something of a mental disorder because they don't really have any gods there. If there ever where any they've long since moved on because no one worships them anymore."

He gives Catherine a somewhat apologetic look.

"I hope your world doesn't ever become anything like that. It seems like it would be a very lonely place to live."

AmberVael
2007-01-23, 12:54 AM
Well... its not like it would affect me. I do not worship any of the gods I have heard about. Catherine shrugs, but wonders uneasily what Regiji's reaction will be.

Rebonack
2007-01-23, 01:01 AM
"I would imagine it would be hard to feel a connection to someone as aloof as the gods from your plane," Regiji responds. He knows well enough not to press the issue too hard. "Though it must be odd for you here. A place where gods wander around the streets and order a beer at the tavern. Almost a polar opposite of your home. It's odd to me too. The concept of entire pantheons of gods is a little overwhelming."

AmberVael
2007-01-23, 01:05 AM
Catherine nods. I don't think its that my gods are aloof... its that they are distant and less well known.

Rebonack
2007-01-23, 01:10 AM
"So... they don't take any real action in your Realm, though they still have interest in it?" he considers this for a moment. To be honest it's a bizarre concept to him. Why would someone stand at a distance like that if they actually cared?

AmberVael
2007-01-23, 01:12 AM
I guess... I'm not certain about them, since I have never really dealt with any of the religions back home. I was always more focused on the army and learning, or my own studies.

Rebonack
2007-01-23, 01:19 AM
"That's certainly different...' Regiji brightens slightly. "If one of our scouts happens to stumble across your Realm I'll have to see about getting some information on your gods. Now I'm curious about what motivates their non-interference."

Regiji looks over at the devil again.

"I don't suppose you know why he's here?"

AmberVael
2007-01-23, 01:21 AM
He's just a servant... I think... Catherine eyes him uneasily and yawns.

Rebonack
2007-01-23, 01:31 AM
"Well armed for a servant..." Regiji notes the yawn. "See, there's one nice thing about having a consciousness not based on an organic processor. I don't need to worry about sleeping." Regiji says with a grin as he stands.

"Well, I don't. My integrated intelligence still does. And operating the body without Sal can be annoying at times. I'm going to be scouting some locations two oceans and a continent away from Town tomorrow, so I probably won't be seeing you for a day or two."

AmberVael
2007-01-23, 01:34 AM
Oh. Okay then. Then I guess I will see you later, Regiji. Good night. Catherine stands up, giving Reiji a small wave and smile as she goes to bed for the night.

Rebonack
2007-01-23, 01:44 AM
"Sleep well, Nahkiel," Regiji doesn't appear to catch his mistake as he waves to Catherine on her way back to her room.

He promptly ceases to be in the evil fortress of doom (tm)

Deus Mortus
2007-01-23, 10:24 AM
((It's an evil realm, fortresses are for amateurs :P ))

After Regiji disappears the pit fiends sets down his books and looks at Catherine, Lady Beckett I am afraid you have a somewhat distorted view of my relationship to Tinderhall, when one takes a bloodoath it is not as a servant, but more akin to family ties, I accepted Tinderhall as my master, but that word has another meaning from my realm. It's closer then an older brother or father then a normal master servant relationship here. Might I also add that you should look beyond what Regiji says, perhaps you would like to hear my views on the difference between good and evil. Offcourse this would be me preaching in front of my own temple, but you have only heard the other side of the story....

AmberVael
2007-01-23, 11:15 AM
((We will assume that Pit said this when she came back into the library, since Catherine left to her room.))
Catherine looks at Pit uncomfortably. Well... evil is somewhat of a simple thing at heart, isn't it? Just like good?

Deus Mortus
2007-01-23, 11:41 AM
((Missed that, sorry))

Pit sighs, Humans are so easily fooled by the bright shining light that is called good, good is not a state of mind or anything like that, it's simply a restrictment on some actions. Think of it as this way, imagine two men, each trying to accomplish worldpeace, a noble goal. Now the evil one will kill those who stand against it and make sure any others opposing it in the future will be punished as well, after some turbelant times peace is achieved at the loss of a couple of lives. Now the good man, will not kill those who oppose him but try to consile in them and trust that those who see the peave will obey it, there will be peace, but it will broken swiftly as it only takes one person to break the trust. Evil is achieving a goal while being at peace that some sacrifices must be brought, but that the end result is worth it, good is striving for a goal, but focusing on the journey instead of the goal. Now I do not know Tinderhall's goal, but I have no doubt he has a grand one and I am willing to bring sacrifices to achieve it.

The question however remaining is this, will you trust him as he trusts you and aid him, or betray him?

AmberVael
2007-01-23, 11:46 AM
I think your definitions of good and evil are flawed... or at least different from my own. Catherine ignores the question.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-23, 11:48 AM
Then what are your views on it?

AmberVael
2007-01-23, 11:52 AM
Its just- you make evil and good a contrast between warlike and peaceful, and that is hardly the case. Those who are good do not always use peaceful methods, and are just as willing to fight and sacrifice for their beliefs and goals. Catherine does not appear to be taking the side of good, she merely explains what she has seen.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-23, 11:57 AM
Offcourse, my story was merely an example, but good will not cross some borders, let me rephrase my story, you know a child and that when he grows up he will destroy the world, an evil man will kill him right there, a good man will leave him be and battle him when he does commit crimes. Offcourse there are some men who claim to be good who will do the same as the evil man, but it rarely is the case that a person is completely good or evil, most people live between the both extremes.

AmberVael
2007-01-23, 12:01 PM
I still am not sure you are correct. Catherine looks to one of her books.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-23, 12:03 PM
As I said, I am preaching in front of my own church, there always is a chance that unwillingly I have seepped through my own opinion on the matter, however this is how I see it.

Pit frowns for a while

Will you let me ask you a personal question?

AmberVael
2007-01-23, 12:14 PM
You can ask, but I will not guarantee I will answer. Catherine flips a page in her book.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-23, 12:16 PM
Fair enough, then this is my question, do you realise how much trust Tinderhall has placed in you?

AmberVael
2007-01-23, 12:18 PM
Guessing from your question, I will say no. How much trust has he placed in me?
((Class time. Be back later.))

Deus Mortus
2007-01-23, 12:25 PM
((Yeah I need to grab dinner now anyway, see you soon))

He has given you acces to his inner sanctum, acces to his library and has been trying to school you, instead of killing you like most would've he forgave you for the little book accident and he also let that regiji character walk around his realm, just because he trusted you wouldn't allow him to do anything. Now I cannot make decisions for you, nor can I think for you, but perhaps you should take your time to consider this and put some trust him you. He has been rather enthusiastic about something he wants to show you, but he needs you to trust him to do that. Though I cannot look in his mind, I am sure it must hurt him that you do not trust him.
If it is one thing I learned is that he is very loyal to those he considers friends, such as myself, the others that bound themselves to him and even that orc Yorgh, I have no doubt in my mind, that if it is necessary, he will give his life to save anyone of us. Yet then again, my views can be wrong, but I ask you to atleast consider this and let him show you what he was talking about, it would mean a lot to him.

AmberVael
2007-01-23, 01:59 PM
Catherine gives Pit an odd look. Are you sure you are both evil, or is it just something you have accepted since other have accused you of that? Because honestly, sometimes you make me wonder.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-23, 02:52 PM
Oh no, I am surely evil and so is Tinderhall, but that does not mean you cannot trust us, or that we are despicable creatures, I am simply trying to create atleast somewhat of an understanding.

AmberVael
2007-01-23, 03:21 PM
I don't know about here, but in my world 'evil' and 'despicable' go hand in hand... but this place certainly is different. Catherine pushes the matter from her mind, deciding that it does not matter what they call themselves, but matters instead is what they do.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-23, 03:44 PM
I guess realms differ yes, in the mean time, is there anything I might do for you?

AmberVael
2007-01-23, 04:17 PM
No, I think I will be fine. Catherine looks at him. Though I am going to Trog's. If Tinderhall needs to know where I am, I will probably be there. She uses her pebble to teleport away.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-23, 04:37 PM
Pit shrugs, knowing that entrance and exit from the realm is known to Tinderhall, he continues his study's.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-23, 05:37 PM
Tinderhall ports to the mages guild.

AmberVael
2007-01-23, 05:55 PM
Catherine teleports into the library and begins studying.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-24, 02:09 PM
A large portal opens in the eight room and Tinderhall walks through.

Sophistemon
2007-01-24, 02:10 PM
Gent follows and looks around. "Interesting."

Deus Mortus
2007-01-24, 02:15 PM
Well this room is a tad bit less filled then the other seven, I only keep the most dangerous and important books here, normally only I have acces, but I have no doubt you can handle any information here, now I think I have a few books that may intrigue you, the first is one about the creation of new rules, called the "Book of Fundamental Law", then I have one about removing rules, "A Divine Lawyer's Log" and also one about breaking rules and the risks involved called "The tales of the rogue primal God: Thesnar". Also I have a few books that break the rules, but I think you might be more interested in books about the rules themselves.

Sophistemon
2007-01-24, 02:16 PM
Gent nods. "I don't break the rules, myself. The Dancing Man does that. But yes, any and all information you can offer will be wonderful."

((The Gent Bends rules. It's complicated to explain.))

Deus Mortus
2007-01-24, 02:24 PM
(( I know what you mean, but creating or removing some rules might be of benefit to bending ))

I am aware of that yes, but any one of these should help you, but I would advise the dancing man, who ever he may be, to read up on the risks of breaking rules, if you do not do it correctly you run the risk of being broken yourself by the universe...

Sophistemon
2007-01-24, 02:26 PM
Gent chuckles. "I doubt that either of us is very breakable." He sees what looks to be an interesting tome. "May I?"

AmberVael
2007-01-24, 02:32 PM
((The Dancing Man would merely be puzzled if he broke himself, not injured. He'd probably use some solvent to put himself back together again))

Deus Mortus
2007-01-24, 02:33 PM
(( Not trying to godmode here for you guys, merely stating what Tinderhall knows at this point about the rules, you two know all of them, he has a more superficial knowledge of them ))

I would not risk things like this so lightly, perhaps you can bend the universe to your will, but remember in the end if the universe decides to stop bending for you and strike back, there is nothing you can do, however as long as you do no large things and keep it to this realm and shop, you should be relatively safe, just don't go around making fundamental changes....

Offcourse you may, that is why we are here, but do be a bit carefull, some books tend to attack if they think they can win...

AmberVael
2007-01-24, 02:39 PM
((Oh I know, just saying. ;)
But actually, The Dancing Man doesn't know any of the rules...))

Sophistemon
2007-01-24, 02:39 PM
Gent chuckles, and reaches out with his mind to absorb the knowledge within the book. His eyes glow every color possible, and a few besides. "How very... interesting."