PDA

View Full Version : Different posting format

MikelaC1
2013-12-07, 10:24 AM
Suddenly this morning, I have noticed a difference in the posting box, in terms of layout. The colours button is different, now showing the colours in a long box, with a name in them, the same for the smilies. Im pretty sure the fonts and sizes boxes look different as well. It just changed this morning, in fact about an hour ago, it looked the same and just changed when I came back in.

ChristianSt
2013-12-07, 12:24 PM
I haven't noticed any changes on the forum - but I'm not also not exactly sure what you mean with "posting box". If you mean the editor to write a post, for me it just looks exactly the same as it did the last months (I just tested two different browsers on my desktop, and my phone). So If something has changed then I think that it is something on your side (so a change you made to your browser or something like that).

Which browser/OS/etc. do you use?

You could also try to clear your cache - that can solve pretty random problems some times.

Zherog
2013-12-07, 12:32 PM
I strongly suspect clearing cache will fix this.

MikelaC1
2013-12-07, 02:17 PM
Its not a problem, in fact, its a benefit. I now don't have to guess what color I used, as I have a name for it in the dropdown before I click on it. The smilies also is better, I don't have to click on the "more" button, they are all in the dropdown

AstralFire
2013-12-07, 04:42 PM
Its not a problem, in fact, its a benefit. I now don't have to guess what color I used, as I have a name for it in the dropdown before I click on it. The smilies also is better, I don't have to click on the "more" button, they are all in the dropdown

What browser/operating system, and could you take a screenshot?

MikelaC1
2013-12-07, 05:12 PM
Internet Explorer.

Whenever I open up the snipping tool to take a screen shot, it immediately closes the colors dropdown or smilies dropdown.

AstralFire
2013-12-08, 04:10 PM
PrntScrn button puts a copy of the screen on the clipboard, which you can then paste into Paint, which I advise using over the Snipping Tool for most things.

MikelaC1
2013-12-08, 04:51 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/20jsh7d.png

This shows the new boxes of colors and smilies. I cant seem to capture the next screen, but that colors box opens a drop down of all the color shades, but with names inside of them, same for the smilies box.

bluewind95
2013-12-10, 01:05 PM
Could seeing it that way be cos it, for some reason, failed to load it like this? (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/bluewind95/Screenshots/SmileyButtonScreenshot_zpse5974972.png)

I would like to say that I remember that button being there forever. But despite never exploring what it does, I can't say that I remember it there or that I remember it NOT being there. BTW, I use firefox, so dunno if that makes a difference.

Edit: The colors box doesn't seem to name my colors. Just shows some, and that I remember being that way. It looks like this (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/bluewind95/Screenshots/ColorScreenshot_zpsc7f06a99.png) to me. I'm pretty sure the colors DO have a name in the code, even if it is not displayed. Is it possible your browser is doing it?

MikelaC1
2013-12-10, 06:04 PM
Now you see, that shows the different (old) set up that I used to see. Now I get the one I have put an image up of, and like I say the drop down of colors also has a name in each one...plus it doesn't open in a square like that, it opens as a long list. The smilies also open in a long list, and not looking like that, they only have a name.

dariathalon
2013-12-10, 07:57 PM
It is browser dependent. I've tried opening a posting page with Firefox, Chrome, and IE. Firefox and Chrome seem to be using the "old" message windows (displaying a box of color and smilies options). IE uses a dropdown list of colors (colors are highlighted in their appropriate color) and a list of smilies each listed by name rather than picture the way I think MikelaC1 is describing.

Palanan
2013-12-10, 09:44 PM
I'm using Firefox on Linux, and nothing's changed for me.